E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > SiriusXM issues?

09-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
SiriusXM issues?

I'm not sure if it's the sheer age/technology difference of the 2 cars, "it is what it is" or whatever, but as a comparison, there are some things I noticed compared to my friend's 2013 Prius that also has SiriusXM that I was carpooling in:

1. Whenever I drive under an underpass (heck I think even a pedestrian bridge once), it loses reception for a second or 2 and up to 5, and sometimes stops working even under a gas station's roof; the only time his ever lost reception was in an underground parking lot (which even that took almost 8 seconds vs. almost instantly for my car).

2. The tuning takes forever (like 3-5 seconds whenever I switch channels, whether it's presets or all channels, whereas the Prius is almost instant.

3. Are there any updates to the firmware (factory or customization) that can extend the CCC's amount of presets for satellite radio? Just about every other car that had a satellite radio option (at least that I've noticed anyway) had at least 18 presets available, and I do happen to like a lot more than 12 stations, and given #2 it is a pain to switch to the other channels.

Any insights? thanks in advance for your help!
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

You're running 2005 technology.

When I went from an '07 to a '10, the new technology in the BMW was like what you saw in the Ford. The '07 was like what you described in your current car.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Thanks... So... Any remedies other than switching cars I've only had for less than a month or a CIC retrofit (which I might eventually consider)? LOL
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 09-26-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Appreciate 0