E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > [FIXED] Issues after new battery - Steering Lock Error, cant start car

11-27-2023, 04:02 AM   #89
bmwz4e892023
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marct2009 View Post
So I've had the locked steering wheel issue for the past 4 months or so. Luckily I have another car to get me around.

The car will not start, the dash does power on and I can hear some type of mechanism activate when the key is inserted. When I try to start the car I get nothing (no crank or noise) and the steering wheel remains locked.
I did try the emulator and still the same results. I did notice the battery drains itself if I leave the car for a few days so a lot of time I just end up unplugging the battery. I ended up taking it to the stealership just to get a professional evaluation and they of course told me I need to replace the entire steering column for only 1296.50. I don't have that kind of bread laying around so was getting close to the point of scrapping the car.

But reading through this entire thread I'm going to look into ordering the OBD2-Usb cable and getting the needed software on the right computer and seeing if I can figure this thing out this weekend. I appreciate all of your post so far and would love any extra opinions before I get started this weekend.
Hey man, did you figure out t he issue? I am in the same situation after installed the emulator and I am thinking it is the CAS that needs to be replaced. Appreciate any help you can give me!!
Appreciate 0