E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Downpipe help

08-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
rice_injected
Rep
Drives: E92

Downpipe help

Hi guys,

I know there's been a lot of threads in regards to downpipes.

I've done my research and I know which ones are good, bad and just plain terrible. Ive read up on how Catless causes CEL codes being thrown unless you have a proper tune, and or get Catted pipes to avoid a CEL. But even some with Cat's will throw this code and even the O2 sims on the AR aren't guaranteed.

What I'm wondering is if someone can give me an insight on my situation. I have a 07 335i

I currently have Dinan Stage 2 and want to get Downpipes. With or Without Cats don't matter to me but I do want to avoid having a CEL Code or any code go off.

Right now changing tunes isnt really an option for me as I would just like to stick with my Dinan. JB is a possible option maybe one day.

Anyone can suggest if there are any options for me or a way to get aftermarket downpipes without setting off any codes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much guys.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

One option is the BMS downpipe fix. It's not a huge deal though if you can deal with an SES light.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

With or without cats, you will get a CEL, i have the ARDesign one with cats and like everyone else, they worked for a bit, but the cats are not high enough quality for the stringent software and eventually throw CEL's, so don't even waste your money on DP's with Cats in them.

As above, just get catless and they use the BMS DPFix when you need OBDII readiness. Currently they don't recommend you leave in the DPFix all the time, only when you need it, so if you don't like looking at the CEL the rest of the time, you can get the BMS CanTool and it will clear the CEL messages before they light up the dash light so you never see them and it also gives you some other neat things like gauge sweep at startup, shift lights and gauge hijacking, so you can do things like use your fuel guage as a boost gauge etc, it just plugs into the odb port and you can hid the box under the dash.

I have GIAC Stage 2 and my AR downpipes with cats throw cel's, so I use the DPFix when needed and have the can tool to keep the error light off my dash!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
rice_injected
Rep
Drives: E92

Awesome!

Thanks for your input guys.

Greatly appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0