E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #1167
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Ill add to this thread...

Brother in law bought a car from there last week..... 1 series 120d 60 plate was up for £13500, got it for £12800.

We did google autotrader etc and car was well priced BUT was a Sixt rental car.

So far nothing wrong (and yes..... i made him google the company first but he was HELL BENT on buying a car from them).

One thing that did surprise me tho - and for those who havent been there, was the scale of the operation - its massive.... at least 100 BMW's there....minimum.

Whilst there i made the salesguy call BMW in front of me on speaker phone to check servicing and confirm warranty was still valid (£1 a minute to call BMW!!!). Reason he bought the car was still under warranty til Oct - so anything not working and it will go back to BMW for repair.

Whilst chatting... turns out the sales guy knew some of our friends!!
good on you for going with him, i'd have probably have just left him to his fate
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #1168
amiafanboy
Rep
Drives: 525d Sport

Still crooked and bent

Last update from me.

After I posted on this thread, Peter the owner of Big Motoring World got in touch and promised to set everything right.

So I went to their showroom, was there for half the day.
They told me they've fixed the sensors etc.
Which I promptly checked, turns out they didnt!

Asked them why lie about somethin like that?!
Peter the owner told me to return and he'll video the repair takin place.
So I went there again, they told me they've fixed the sensors.
Guess what I see when I checked? I've still got my old sensors on there!!!

I told Peter the owner of Big Motoring World, that I'll be gatherin a group of people and go to Tradin Standards, he asked me to give them one last chance, which I very naively accepted.

They took my car before Christmas, kept it for two weeks.
They were supposed to fix the grinding noise and the sensors.
Got a call statin that all's been fixed.
Went there to pick up the car, turns out the crooks didnt fix anything.
Sensors still mash up, grindin noise still there, full tank of diesel returned empty!!!

These a**holes made me run about for over a month for nothing.

They're crooks and conmen, bottom line.
They feed you sugar laced with crack.

To anyone wishin to purchase from these thieves, dont dont bother, you're better off doing the followin:

1. Go to an actual trader with good reviews online, make sure you do ur checks as well i.e use AA or RAC to also perform checks (if u're a bit like me)
Make sure to also get a checklist of things to look out for from knowledgeable forum members.

2. Go to a private seller and do the above.

Dont trust any trader or seller when buyin a car, this advice is for noobs like me, they're main objective is to get rid of the car, get your own checks done, like hpi etc.

Thanks again people, much appreciate all your input.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1169
Brennan
'The Godfather'
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SAAB 9-3 Aero TTiD

I was eyeing up an E92 on the autotrader from these people, after reading this thread, i WONT be buying it
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #1170
st4
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E320cdi

Guys,

I am a member here but a moderator over on a Mercedes forum.

A few of our chaps are discussing this garage.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/gener...-please-2.html

Can you tell me if these guys have set up an operation selling Mercedes?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #1171
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I have ever heard anything other than negative comments from this dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #1172
DeskJockey
Registered
Rep
Drives: TBC

Dodged a bullet...

By reading this thread - thanks.

We went there because they're reasonably local and had a long list of potential cars. The salesman wasn't too bad, but even though I made it very clear we weren't going to put any money down on the day he tried is best to convince us anyway - that may be their tactics, but having done sales in the past I would certainly have gone a different route. You don't win by annoying the customer from the start.

Given that they almost only sell BMWs (in the Addington site at least) I was also surprised the salesman got his numbers wrong - surely he should know headline figures for the cars (500+ hp M3)? Maybe that's just me.

Having had some time to digest the experience I am surprised about the state of the cars on the lot - many of them was in quite poor nick for being 08-09 cars with deep scratches in the paint, rusty stone chips and tired interiors.

Having done a bit more research they're not even that cheap. Although I would be willing to pay a (small) premium if the car warranted it, nothing of what we were shown lived up to that.

So really - thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #1173
amiafanboy
Rep

Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent....

Are a bunch of as*holes that still havent fixed my car, and I had to spend 2k on fixin it myself.

Motherfu*kers.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #1174
amiafanboy
Rep

Big Motoring World are open on Fridays.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #1175
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Heads up. This shower has just opened a branch on the Sturry Rd, Canterbury.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #1176
Noisygriff
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL

Another sub-par experience here. I can't help thinking that they should be a lot better - they have a massive stock of cars. However, it is clear that they do very little prep on the cars between them arriving and being viewed. That means that the cars you see are often missing parts and are covered in scuffs and chips.

I see why they're doing it - if the cars don't sell, I'll bet they go straight back to auction and Motoring World don't want to have invested any time/effort in those cars. For me, though, it just took all the sheen off looking at buying a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #1177
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Canterbury motoring world are having a grand opening on the 23rd march.
Anyone popping along? A list celebs too apparently
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1178
Batts335d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

I went there too look at my first e92 but they was a bit rude and because I was passing in the works van and didnt have to car I wanted to px with me and wouldn't commit to buy there and then they wouldn't even run though any basic figures with me and never even returned my call , so even after the other one got wrote off a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't even look at there cars on the autotrader
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #1179
mattyrallye
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330e M Sport

Garage List
  [0.00]
Utter wankers
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #1180
mattyrallye
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330e M Sport

Garage List
  [0.00]
Myself and my partner went to these guys to look at a couple of 320d's and to be honest i wish we hand not bothered. I am 24 and my partner is 23, they treated us like utter sh*t because in their eyes we didn't look like we could afford the cars we were looking at. (which we could) Moment we walked in we were decended upon by about 5 steriotypical bmw salesman (ie the sort of people that would wander round with a bluetooth earpiece in and think its cool).

As we walked in it was a case of getting sussed out financially before you even get a look at a car. Utter bonkers in my opinion, as as a customer you should always get to see a product before money is even questioned. You have to want a car, not qualify to buy one.

Anyway we had a look at some of the vehicles that they have and everywhere i looked was horror stories. High milage with silly prices. One car had a bald tyre, and another had a full re-spray down one side which looked dreadful. I wouldnt be surprised if there was a few cat d losses in there. Another thing that they try and do is supply a lesser model with nice alloy wheels from a model above. We saw a non m sport diesel with m sport refurbed wheels. How on earth you get that on insurance i will never know.

My opinion crooks, and anyone who buys a car from there is missing a screw.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #1181
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Indeed if you are young don't for a second expect to be taken seriously by these guys, I have a handful of mates that were put off for this exact reason. & is why I never even set foot or looked at any of their cars even if the spec was appealing.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #1182
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

@mattyrallye - all car sales man try to 'size you up' financially prior to going forward... for some it's something as simple and friendly as "so, what do you do for a living?" others are not so innocuous..

they're all the same, if i were selling desirable goods would i want to to waste my time with people i didn't think could afford it? It's just some are a lot more tactful than others!!

it only gets worse the pricier the goods you are looking at imo, comes with the territory
      04-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #1183
Heinzy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

See now I bought my first 320CD E46 facelift from these guys a good few years ago, before they expanded next door, and before they had their new office, and it was great, they we're really friendly and helpful, got me exactly what I was after and for the right price!

I could see that the cars weren't in authorised dealer quality, but at the time I couldn't afford that and a few minor bonnet dinks wouldn't put me off

My brother bought a 320i E92 pre LCI nearly 2 years ago and the service had changed alot, a bit too big for their boots

I went along with him and noticed the standards had dropped, and even the cars in the court we're tired looking

It's easy to see all they do is go along to auctions, buy high milage / ex-lease cars and just flog them on

I didn't have any issues with my E46 and it even went on to do 195k+ miles!
My brother had an issue with an engine warning light, but they got that sorted soon after he bought it

I think some places should focus on quality and customer care before expansion!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #1184
devilsadvocate
Rep
Drives: 318D

I thought I would sign up to post this...

I bought a 3 Series from them a month ago.

I asked for the front and back bumpers to be sorted as they were fairly marked. It was raining on collection day and on a check, it all looked ok. I recently cleaned the car properly and found their fix technique was to machine polish the life out of them, so much it took off the clear coat of paint!! They also seem to have done the same on the roof so I will have to get them sprayed at my expense.

The dreaded N47 timing chain noise has just started, it may have been there before but I didn't notice it so that's another bill.

I only recently found these reviews, I wish I has seen them before.

The company seem to do the following with all/most of their cars:

1. Buy above average mileage ex fleet cars which have been serviced by dealers but abused by their previous drivers (they are company cars and not theirs).
2. Bodge over known issues so they are not noticeable to potential buyers.
3. MOT them onsite.....yeah because they will be a proper MOT, they are hardly going to fail a car which has just been sold!!
4. Pressure people to pay a non refundable deposit on the promise they will get everything sorted out with the car and when that turns out to be BS, the customer either loses their deposit or buys the car with the problems and another false promise they will sort it out.
5. Sell all cars with a '3 month warranty' which cost them about a tenner from an external warranty company, which only helps if A) Something mechanical actually breaks B) You pay the firs £100 of any 'claim' and C) The total cost is less than £1000. Surely if you have to pay an excess, that's not a warranty?!?!?!

In the 4 weeks of owning mine, I had a blocked fuel filter which meant a fuel host came off and a new filter had to be fitted at a cost of £150 total. The warranty is useless as you have to pay £100 up front anyway! Now I have the timing chain noise which means another £1000 bill. I called them and they said 'Its just a noise, we can't do anything until it actually fails'. Even if it does fail, its new engine time and that's more than the £1k the warranty will pay out!!!!

Bunch of cowboys doesn't even cover it.......
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #1185
Lynall
Registered
Rep
Drives: Land rovers and Merc

Found this post on google, and thought i would join your forum just to say thank you for saving me and the wife loads of hassle.
Didnt this lot used to be called Bapchild Motoring World years ago?

Lynall
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #1186
L30NNM
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: 335i m sport

I took my mum to this place to look at some e93s. So glad she didn't buy from them after reading this post. Having literally hundreds of unhappy customers can only mean one thing...
What I can share with you from my visit is how lacking in knowledge and unprofessional the salesman seemed to be.

A few things I remember the salesman telling me:
-If you do less than 15000 miles a year don't buy a diesel because you will BLOW the engine up. (I'm serious that is what he said)
-He pointed at two different e93s and said "that one is a pre facelift and the other is a facelift model", to which I replied "no, one is m sport and the other se"...
-He said you don't want to buy a white car anymore as they have gone out of fashion, black is the new colour apparently..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #1187
dabbler
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

My wife and I wanted a 4-5 year old 3 series M Sport. I looked at their web site and they had three cars well within budget, infact the price was extremely good! So I visited Big Motoring world last weekend. I drive past it every few days, and it looks big and professional. I didn’t bother looking for review on the net, so just turned up. (Oh I wish I had read reviews and stayed clear).

I came across this thread this morning; I had to register to share my experience. This post is rather long, but I want to warn people that they are still a shady business to deal with.

We arrive mid morning, walk up to the office to be greeted with by the salesman. I explained we saw three cars on the site and would like to see them. He asked if we had an appointment, I replied no, he said hmmm well I guess I can fit you in! (Cheeky sod). He said we need to go through some paper work first before I can see the cars and proceeded to take us to an office.

In the office, I told him about the cars we saw on the site, he said they didn’t have them (surprise, surprise) and there was nothing else in our budget. He made us feel poor, and said what’s 3k? If you pay 3k more I have some perfect cars for you!

He pressured us and we felt we had no choice but to agree, and ended up looking at a very basic 3 series - not m spec, no bluetooth, no leather, nothing – a bottom of the line car for 3k more than we had seen better spec cars of the same age on their web site!

Next up was the “part exchange” he wouldn’t give us a price for our current car until we agreed to pay a deposit. I said no.

He then reluctantly valued our car, the price was well under market value, he wrote down £1000 in his book, then verbally offered us £750 and then later on he said we agreed on £350!

Test drive time. You can’t test drive it without setting up a deal!

Back in the office. Now discussing the car, hard sales time. I said ok so, with part ex’ing my car, what’s the lowest price you can do? I want a final figure. I don’t want gap insurance or finance, Ill pay with my debit card.

He WOULDN’T give us a price! He kept saying “What do you want to pay?” “What do you think its worth?” I said that’s a silly question, you’ll get a silly answer. £5000 and you have a deal! That wound him up rotten and he suddenly became very nasty and very, very pushy. He said “Don’t waste my time, I have a family to feed” I said I want to discuss in private and have another look with my wife. We went back out to see the car, and this time started it. Engine warning light on. Went to autotrader on my iPhone to check prices, no reception at all so couldn’t verify prices.

Back in the office, I said to him about the warning light and he said it will be fixed, just pay the deposit and then you can test drive it.

I refused and he then brought in the manager to do some hard selling. The manager again, kept asking what we wanted to pay, I said “The lowest you will take, what is the price?” again he didn’t back off.

I mentioned the engine warning light to the manager, he said “Look mate, that’s normal, its not covered by warrantee what you see is what you get. But as a favour, pay the deposit now and ill give it a full service”

My wife said we don’t like the hard pressure selling and so we left never ever to return. Awful experience.

Oh and interestingly, when we left and got to the bottom of the drive oo the main road – full mobile reception (inc 3G) returned. Hmmmm…. Cell phone blocker to make sure you cant check prices on autotrader etc maybe ?

Stay clear of these cowboys.

"Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent".
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #1188
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
just checking that .....

Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4", where you can "pick up used BMW X5 Series at Big Motoring World Kent as well as used BMW 1 Series at Big Motoring World Kent

are still a bunch of W***kers

Yep, confirmed they still are
Appreciate 0