E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > HRE Wheels Thread

View Poll Results: *
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

02-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #111
Gabe@TAG
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

This is bananas. It's so perfect.
Appreciate 2
      02-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #112
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

HRE Wheels | Tesla Model X with HRE P101 Wheels!

Despite it's release not too long ago, we already have a Tesla Model X on HRE P101 Wheels!!

Thanks for checking it out, and yes, hopefully soon we will have more photos for you!
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #113
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

HRE Wheels | The Rimac Concept_One - The Electric Hypercar

AN ELECTRIC HYPERCAR THAT WORKS!

It’s a tough time to be a company trying to develop an electric supercar. In addition to the astronomical cost associated with developing the necessary battery and software technology, you have to deal with what is already a somewhat crowded market. Industry giant Tesla dominates the electric car market in the minds of consumers and everyone else lives in their shadow. Companies like Faraday Future and Detroit Electric are trying to dominate the performance categories while more traditional manufacturers like Ford, FIAT and Nissan attempt to lock up the entry level segment. How then does a company set itself apart, especially a small company from Croatia? By actually building what other companies only talk about.

The Rimac Concept_One represents the cutting edge of ultra powerful electric hypercars. Boasting more than 1000 horsepower and nearly 1200 lb-ft of torque from its four permanent magnet electric motors. All of that power is controlled by an in-house developed suite of software that can independently vector torque between each wheel based on conditions. The vehicle boasts more than 500 sensors, all of which are wired into the vehicle’s computer. The net result of all of this technical wizardry is a nosebleed-inducing 0-60 run of 2.6 seconds on street tires. The Concept_One will go on to hit 124mph in 6.2 seconds and 186mph in just 14.2 seconds.

In addition to being highly technically advanced, the Rimac Concept_One is incredibly beautiful. Its shape more closely echoes that of a grand touring coupe with its long hood, short deck layout. The body was styled by ex-Pininfarina designers and it shows. The car is achingly beautiful but not outlandish. The car sits on forged Monoblok wheels from HRE, each one made specifically for this application and is shod in Vredestein rubber. The Rimac’s interior is a melange of high quality leather, Alcantara, milled aluminum and carbon fiber. The fit and finish is of the highest quality.

This collection of statistics and figures is all well and good but what is really special is the fact that not only have they built the Concept_One, but that it works as intended. The creators are driving it around. There are several videos floating around online of the car being absolutely hammered on and the quickness with which it is able to change speed and direction is staggering. In a world where electric car companies are selling vaporware, it’s refreshing to see something actually move under its own power. The Rimac isn’t exactly an electric car for the masses with its retail price tag of nearly $1,000,000 and a proposed production run of 8 vehicles, but it’s an exciting proof of concept and it’s enough to get us interested in what the Croatian firm comes up with next.
For more information on how the Rimac’s all wheel torque vectoring works, check out the video below:

Photos and video courtesy of Rimac Automobile.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 02-25-2016 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #114
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

I was driving behind one last night and thought it was a generic Japanese import until I noticed the Tesla badge. The car doesn't stand out when it's on the road, but those wheels sure are nice!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #115
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Pics are all broken for me
      02-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #116
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Pics are all broken for me
Not quite sure what could be the issue since they were working at one point, but nonetheless if you're interested in the article you can also find it here - http://v3llum.com/2016/02/the-rimac-concept_one/
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #117
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

HRE Wheels | New S204 Wheels freshly installed on a McLaren 650S by Wheels Boutique!

Check out the latest pictures from Wheels Boutique and their McLaren 650S with HRE S204 Wheels!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsBoutique View Post
With the new HRE S2 Series rollout moving full steam ahead, we found it necessary to follow up the first S2 car we outfitted - our very own Huracan - with something equally outstanding! The result: a Volcanic Red McLaren 650S Spider on S204’s. And as if the style on these wheels wasn’t gorgeous enough, they’re set off with Brushed Clear faces and PPG color matched lips. Oh, and just for good measure we made sure you could hear this red beauty coming from miles away with the addition of an Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system. Upon seeing the finished product, our blushing “Betty Boop” client almost turned Volcano Red herself. It was at that moment that we knew we did it right.

Wheel Specs:
HRE S204
20”x9” // 21”x12.5”
Finish: Brushed Clear Center // Volcano Red PPG Color Match Lips
Tires: Pirelli P Zero
Front: 245/30/20
Rear: 325/25/21

Akrapovic Slip-On Line Titanium Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 10:17 AM   #118
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

My momma always said "if you
      02-25-2016, 10:18 AM   #119
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
broken for me too...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #120
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Here to show off some more photos for everyone!

RS100 with a Brushed Copper Lip

FlowForm FF15's on display in Racer Orange

A Tesla Model X came to play during our Tesla event this week with HRE P101 Wheels on!

We built a set of 19" R101's to test for Cayman GT4's

We have two wheels below. A set of P103's and a set of P107's just after being brushed - Note - the little specs of dirt here and there are from the brushing process. These wheels aren't clear coated yet prior to being cleaned, but you can really see the grain structure of the brushing here:

Thanks for looking!
[/SIZE]
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #121
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

HRE Wheels | Tanner Foust in a Polaris Slingshot with HRE Wheels has fun in San Diego

Article taken from Lanesplitter / Jalopnik
See the full article here if you'd like - http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/see...epo-1762646995

The Polaris Slingshot is not quite a car and definitely not a motorcycle, but it sure looks like a riot. Slap a turbocharger on the engine and a champion driver in the seat and it really roasts tires. Sorry, I mean “tire.”

This Slingshot SL was built specifically for this video by a shop called SlingStreet in Florida. That’s right; I guess there are already enough people buying and modifying these things to build businesses around!

Underneath a bunch of aesthetic work, SlingStreet fitted adjustable suspension at the corners and a Garett turbocharger to the GM 2.4 EcoTec engine. The computer controlling it has been modified by AEM to make the most of the added power.

Wheels are HRE three-piece all around, and that steamroller on the back is a whopping 22" and 11" wide.

But with enough power and basically no weight over it, that rear wheel still gets spooled up something fierce as you can see in the video.

I have yet to drive a Slingshot myself, but our man Sean MacDonald was pretty wild about it and that was only in the stock-standard 173 horsepower version. Are any skeptics getting a little more stoked about this thing now that you know an aftermarket is beginning to blossom?

Images/video via Mad Media

Thanks for looking!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #122
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

I've had a chance to give one of these a go, and they are fun. I can only imagine one with a turbo.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #123
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Wow, That is sick.
      03-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #124
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Missed out on last week because some of the crew including myself were in Slovenia meeting with Akrapovič at their facility. Here's some photos from this week!

A very special Porsche Cayman GT4 with 19" HRE R101's in Gold as well as the first GT4 Akrapovič system in the US!

Already starting to turn blue!

HRE S200 just after being taken out of the 4-axis machine.

HRE R101 Wheels on Team TGM's GT4 Clubsport!

HRE S201 wheels being shipped out soon

Thanks for taking a look!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #125
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Had an exciting week that will be even more exciting by tomorrow! We are hosting the 5th Annual Targa Traphy German Car Festival tomorrow, so we're looking forward to seeing all you there who are attending!

Last Saturday we hosted a Corvette/HRE Experience Event at our facility. We grabbed lots of photos including some customer cars such as this gorgeous Z06

Alan explaining the Forged wheel manufacturing process

Michael going over Akrapovič and what makes their systems so unique

Another C7 with HRE P101's on!

In the showroom we put up our start to finish manufacturing models for monoblock

Back in the warehouse during the week some S200's are cut - Before

And after!

Thanks for taking a look!
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #126
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

HRE Wheels | Wheels Boutique At It Again! - MB SL65AMG Black Series with HRE P103's

Another great fitment from Wheels Boutique! One rare and muscular Mercedes-Benz SL65 Black Series with HRE P103 Wheels in Brushed Clear.

More photos can be found on their flickr page here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/wheelsboutique/

Thank you for checking it out!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #127
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #128
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Still love the BS SL. Would love to see a rear lip to match those thick rear flares, but looks like they didn't offer much offset to work with.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #129
M3ZING
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 C7

I wonder how wide will Mercedes go with their cars?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #130
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Still love the BS SL. Would love to see a rear lip to match those thick rear flares, but looks like they didn't offer much offset to work with.
Yeah, there isn't much offset to work with, so the lip size wouldn't be as substantial as you would hope or think given it's a 13" wide rear wheel with 355 tires.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #131
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Damn near perfect. Nice job! Thanks for the pics.
      03-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #132
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

HRE Wheels | The Rimac Concept_One - The Electric Hypercar - Pt.2 (Jalopnik Article)

You may have seen already the previous article we posted in regards to the Rimac Concept_One electric hypercar, but Jalopnik just posted this article that I wanted to share with you.

How A Tiny Croatian Electric Hypercar Company Could Change Transportation Forever

When Croatian electric supercar startup Rimac presented its first prototype, it had eight employees. Today, Rimac is a team of 150, with clients like world-beating hypercar company Koenigsegg, and products like the Concept One, a 1,088 horsepower electric supercar retailing for $1 million. Yet their confidential projects are even more fascinating, even if we can’t really talk about them.

Mate Rimac started his company in 2009 after converting his BMW E30 into an electric car and realizing how fast he could get with it. He won his first race against gas-powered cars in 2010 with the prototype, and just a year later, the Concept One debuted at the Frankfurt Motor Show, with torque vectoring in both directions and huge numbers on the sheet nobody would believe.

Jalopnik first wrote about Mate Rimac’s crazy ideas in 2010, and two years later, we thought there was a slight chance his company can turn out to be the “about 1-in-600" that delivers the goods instead of a vaporware sandwich wrapped in scam foil.

-------

Launching an automotive startup in an ex-Soviet Bloc country is no walk in a park.
Rimac got no government backing, nor any support from the locals “for building cars for the rich.”

-------

Looking around at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, the Croatians did not disappoint. With two supercars on their stand with the combined output of 2,472 horsepower and a bunch of other machines around with their technology under their panels, Rimac Automobili is now as real as it gets, even if its CEO only grew a beard to look older at business meetings.

Launching an automotive startup in an ex-Soviet Bloc country is no walk in a park. Rimac got no government backing, nor any support from the locals “for building cars for the rich.” On this side of Europe, capitalism still suffers from an image problem. Somehow, Rimac managed to endure even when the company was literally running on empty.

Setting five (still standing) Guinness and FIA world records for electric cars with a retrofitted BMW is one thing, selling million dollar supercars as a relatively unknown brand is another. Yet Rimac already sold six out of the eight Concept Ones they ever plan on making. On top of that, they also sold the only pair of their new track special, the 1384 horsepower Concept S.

That’s encouraging and a dream come true, no doubt, but it’s more important that these flagship products only represent about ten percent of what Croatia’s first car exporter actually does for a living.

When the big carmakers need to come up with new things and accelerate their electrification program due to certain lines of code in their diesels, they usually outsource the job to engineering firms such as Williams’ Tony Stark Division.

Porsche’s ridiculous options list and McLaren’s MSO customization program might bring a lot of money to the table, but know that consulting is where both companies make their highest profits. Red Bull and Aston Martin also does R&D for others, because building (race)cars is expensive, and advising others on how to do theirs can certainly pay for it.

Rimac had to go down the same route and figure out everything for themselves before trying to market their technology. Part of this was due to the lack of funding at their start. That and major suppliers such as Bosch and Continental wouldn’t even talk to a company of Rimac’s size.

After refusing to move the company to Abu Dhabi, Rimac barely got through their financial troubles four years ago, although they somehow still managed to deliver their first Concept One to a customer in 2013.

The Concept One is a clever and very complex car. It takes 16,000 metal parts and 200 made of carbon fiber to build one, and the resulting EV gives you 1,088 horsepower and 1,180 foot pounds of torque through four electric motors hidden in two housings in the middle of the axles, each equipped with their own gearboxes. The ones in the front are single speeds, but at the back, you get two-speed double-clutch units on both sides.

Don’t ask how complex the algorithm behind all that is, but what’s for sure is that Rimac’s torque vectoring system monitors each wheel more than a hundred times a second, and will calculate the optimal torque distribution between at any speed. It can also make the car understeer, feel neutral, or oversteer, depending on the selected driving mode. At the same time, it acts as a traction control, stability control and electric ABS, making the 4-wheel regenerative braking produce up to 400 kW of KERS.

Are you ready for some bonkers numbers? How about 0-62 mph in 2.6 seconds, 0-124 mph in 6.2, and 186 mph in just 14.2? These are Rimac’s claimed figures, and I would love to take them to the test just to see how my body reacts to all the instant acceleration, or some intense braking from the Concept One’s top speed of 220 mph.

During development, Rimac also realized that their motors—which have the highest power density on the market and a 97 percent efficiency rating—can do even more. In the Concept One, the rear motors’ peak output is 903 horses, but the four-wheel system’s combined total is rated at 1,088 horsepower.

For Monster Tajima’s 2015 Pike Peak racer, they went for an overall peak of one megawatt, without even calling Koenigsegg and burning any fuel. In the end, their E-Runner Concept 1 was good enough to finish second overall behind Rhys Millen’s electric prototype.

From that prototype, it was a natural progression to the Concept S, which is basically a Concept One for the track, with more aero, more power and less weight. 1,384 hp and 1,327 foot pounds of torque in this one, combined with 34 percent more downforce and a rush to 60mph in 2.5 seconds. Oh yes.

They will only build two, and both got sold before the premier at Geneva.

While it’s nice to see ultra-limited electric hypercars finally making it into production, Rimac’s biggest value is their ambition to produce as much in house as possible. The factory near the Croatian capital has everything from CNC machines to an autoclave for carbon fiber production, and a dedicated staff who can turn aluminum blocks into cutting-edge parts and come up with the right software pretty much for any application.

In order to get to this point, Rimac had to gain experience (and make money) working for others.

One of their known partners today is Koenigsegg. Christian gets the Regera’s hand-built F1-style batteries from the Croatians, and that alone says a lot about the quality of Rimac’s products.

Their know-how also came handy with Koenigsegg’s Power Distribution Unit, and the following projects we can know of:

- Chinese carmaker Qoros’ cloud-connected 40mph electric bike.

- W Motors’ Lykan Hypersport supercar, for which Rimac supplied the entire electronics, spoiler system and infotainment.

- The entire Tajima Pikes Peak car apart from the chassis. They used last year’s as a base, but only because of time limitations.

- Quadrofoil’s full electronics, powertrain and infotainment for the world’s first electric hydrofoiling watercraft.

- A wheelchair they are now commercializing.

- Greyp’s high-end ebike which starts at 8,380.00 Euros.

They plan to build 300–600 of those bikes, along with at least 100 battery packs for Koenigsegg. This is Rimac’s first step towards mass production.

Proving that they can in fact build an entire car from the ground up, the Applus Volar-E electric supercar is a Rimac through and through, and rumor has it that the company might also be working with Apple, although Mate Rimac could not comment on that when I asked him.

Creating jobs, coming up with awesome technologies, making cars faster and more efficient. Rimac very well could change transportation for the better, from a place mostly known for its nice beaches. Until now.

Photos: Rimac and Máté Petrány/Jalopnik

Full article can be found here - http://jalopnik.com/how-a-tiny-croat...cha-1765523769
Appreciate 0