E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Newbie to E90/N54s...

07-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #23
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 Msport LCI

As for how it sounds.. Happy to demonstrate.. But to me it sounds kinda.... Fuzzy...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #24
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Try asking pete@advanperformance if they have a stock system, they do alot of exhaust swap outs and you might be in luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #25
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0426 View Post
is your car black with BBS rims and remus I saw at advan?
Hahaha those that know that I have remus all thought that it was mine but no it's not. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the BBS wheels. But it's the same system
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #26
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH_335 View Post
Here's the standard system:

top to bottom - twin pipes into two separate cats into centre section with muffler where it then ends with two separate back boxes.

Compare this to what you have ....
oh wow that's the first time i've seen an E9x 335 exhaust setup

xpipe and the rear mufflers are connected?

that's a really cool setup.

ED: it's cats>xpipe, not a muffler.

it' really weird the setup you have sounds so bad, it's a pretty common setup, and USUALLY sounds pretty reasonable (resonators to remove drone etc.)

the only problem with the factory exhaust is it's a bit TOO quiet imo.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #27
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

I have catless AR DPs with the CP-E straight mids and their axleback with a race muffler. It's loud and drones like a bitch from 1500-2500 but I've actually gotten used to it haha. The only thing I can't really get used to is the rasp. Want to get a pair resonators cut and welded somewhere into the mids.
      07-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #28
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

The pic of the E92 335i system I put up is from the DPs back. From the sounds of things, you still have the stock DPs which means you still have the primary cats.

Quite frankly, if I were you I'd look at (1) sourcing a stock system and put it back on. Do the golf tee mod and see how you feel about that. If you want more noise (2) install a set of catless DPs. That is what I have and I think it sounds great (performance improvement is worth it too). But it is a subtle exhaust noise-level wise compared to after market systems. You could then (3) go for an axle back system like a the BMW PE, etc. Even better if you could get a drive in a car with one of these systems.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH_335 View Post
go for an axle back system like a the BMW PE, etc. Even better if you could get a drive in a car with one of these systems.
The e90 BMW PE actually includes the midpipe which is why the e90 system costs extra.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #30
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Still waiting for Pete@advan to get back to me, should I sprint to Syd this weekend and see if I can track him down or something? Have been trying to enjoy the ride in the mean time and had a surprising result to a moment of weakness the other day.. Umm should my beast be able to hang with a brand new 325 GTS Holden? I was line ball or better at WOT until an undisclosed speed when I eased off... Should that be possible or was he just a less than talented owner or something... He looked a bit cross.. The only thing I did was hit DS.. That's it..
Wasnt expecting that..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #31
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM076 View Post
Still waiting for Pete@advan to get back to me, should I sprint to Syd this weekend and see if I can track him down or something? Have been trying to enjoy the ride in the mean time and had a surprising result to a moment of weakness the other day.. Umm should my beast be able to hang with a brand new 325 GTS Holden? I was line ball or better at WOT until an undisclosed speed when I eased off... Should that be possible or was he just a less than talented owner or something... He looked a bit cross.. The only thing I did was hit DS.. That's it..
Wasnt expecting that..
Best bet to contact pete is to call him I have found

Wait until you get your beast modded, then you can pass the hsv
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #32
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Wasnt expecting that..
If you're still stock, you're in for a treat once you slap a tune on!

As for heading up to Sydney, there's a BMW Dyno day at Advan on next week. You should try head up for that and you may be able to pick up a few other bits cheap while you're there..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #33
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Think I'll do just that be good to see the local mod crew in action....

Any Canberrans up for coffee or somethin this weekend? You can see my dodgy system for yourselves lol...

....plus I'd get to ogle ur rides too I guess...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #34
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Heya fellas I'll be there... Will be in Sydney so why the hell not i say... First meet... I'm expecting big things...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #35
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Ahh dammit that was meant to be for the advan thing.... LoL I'll repost over there..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #36
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Heya! How'd you go with working out your mystery mods?? Any luck?

Did you see the Cobb AP posted in the for sale section?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868691

Also, since you've got the AT.. if you've read up on the Alpina mod and are interested - let me know! I bought a cable you can use for the flash - to save you having to buy one!

How's everything going anyway? It's always funny to see new 335i owners come in here and follow the same path as everyone else (and rightfully so!) with never ending mods!

You'll have to throw up a few happy snaps!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #37
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Remus is up for EOI.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #38
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Heya fellas, been away for work..
So the car spent a few days at Rolfe.. There's a wierd vibration that's persistent but only noticeable when coasting/decelerating from speeds at/above 80... Not engine speed related from what I can see as I've tried popping neutral and giving it a stab - no change.. And can't pick it accelerating at all..
Rolfe has no idea.. None at all, and have stated that they think its exhaust related somehow but can't tell me how or where from.. They've said put a stock exhaust back on (at a ridiculous cost etc etc) but refuse to say what happens if the issue isn't fixed by that... As its a warranty issue (if anythingother than exhaust) I'm way more than a bit cranky... Ideas?

Oh and they have mentioned that apart from the reflashed ecu the tranny also seems to have been flashed... Are there any other tranny flashes apart from the alpina? How would I identify if its that flash anyway.. Grrr...

Repeated call for any stock systems unwanted?

Arrrghhhhh
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #39
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Heya fellas, been away for work..
So the car spent a few days at Rolfe.. There's a wierd vibration that's persistent but only noticeable when coasting/decelerating from speeds at/above 80... Not engine speed related from what I can see as I've tried popping neutral and giving it a stab - no change.. And can't pick it accelerating at all..
Rolfe has no idea.. None at all, and have stated that they think its exhaust related somehow but can't tell me how or where from.. They've said put a stock exhaust back on (at a ridiculous cost etc etc) but refuse to say what happens if the issue isn't fixed by that... As its a warranty issue (if anythingother than exhaust) I'm way more than a bit cranky... Ideas?

Oh and they have mentioned that apart from the reflashed ecu the tranny also seems to have been flashed... Are there any other tranny flashes apart from the alpina? How would I identify if its that flash anyway.. Grrr...

Repeated call for any stock systems unwanted?

Arrrghhhhh
Ahh that's no good mate... Hope you get it sorted soon. Did you buy it from Rolfe then or??

Easy way to tell if it's got the Alpina flash: The flash will show that you're in D1 - D2 - D3 - D4 - D5 - D6. The same for Sport and Manual (S1 - S2.. M1--M2 etc).. So if yours just shows D and S, then while you may have a flashed trans, it won't be the Alpina one. There aren't many flashing the other ones around that I know of.

I have the factory E90 resonators in the garage. They're all yours if you need?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #40
BM076
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Might take you up on those mate, still trying to find a complete system (cats back I guess) to bolt on... Considering the bmw perf one as another option.. But was kinda not wanting to spend the 2k+ till after Oct..

Guessing I don't have the alpina mod then.. As those indicators don't show... Everything I've read about the alpina mod is that its awesome... You've done urs?
I'm definitely keen.. Guessing its easy enough to reflashed back to factory if need be..

Bought the car at Brissy BMW.. Being led a bit of a dance getting issues resolved... Right now my opinion of Bris BMW is that they are RUBBISH.. And yes I'm being polite.. For now..

Might go search the board for pros/cons of alpina...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #41
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Might take you up on those mate, still trying to find a complete system (cats back I guess) to bolt on... Considering the bmw perf one as another option.. But was kinda not wanting to spend the 2k+ till after Oct..

Guessing I don't have the alpina mod then.. As those indicators don't show... Everything I've read about the alpina mod is that its awesome... You've done urs?
I'm definitely keen.. Guessing its easy enough to reflashed back to factory if need be..

Bought the car at Brissy BMW.. Being led a bit of a dance getting issues resolved... Right now my opinion of Bris BMW is that they are RUBBISH.. And yes I'm being polite.. For now..

Might go search the board for pros/cons of alpina...
Well, you could always chuck my resonator on (probably only cost you $80 at a local exhaust shop to weld in) which should tone things down a little, or at least until October! Let me know if you want it.. I live North side..

I'm happy with the flash. D mode is VERY lazy. The gears change way too soon, so much so that you'll be in 6th gear by the time you hit 65ish KPH. But Sport and Manual are well worth it. Had I of known you were keen I could have lent you my cable, but I just sent it up to Stu last week. Next time you're in Sydney, hit him up - It only takes 10 mins to do.
Appreciate 0