E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 328i sub and amp install

12-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
anups007
Private
Rep
Drives: White, 4dr, base 328i

328i sub and amp install

Hey guys !! First off I want to say that I am completely new to this audio upgrade stuff.

But anyway, I have a Kicker L7 10 inch, Kicker 750.1W amp and am planning on putting that into my car (07 328i with the hifi system). Where do I start ? I want to keep the factory head unit, however I talked to a local audio shop and they told me I have to have some kind of adapter to hook up the amp to the head unit? Can you guys point me in the right direction on how to hook everything up, and how I should go about wiring everything together, how I should route the wires, etc...

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by anups007 View Post
Hey guys !! First off I want to say that I am completely new to this audio upgrade stuff.

But anyway, I have a Kicker L7 10 inch, Kicker 750.1W amp and am planning on putting that into my car (07 328i with the hifi system). Where do I start ? I want to keep the factory head unit, however I talked to a local audio shop and they told me I have to have some kind of adapter to hook up the amp to the head unit? Can you guys point me in the right direction on how to hook everything up, and how I should go about wiring everything together, how I should route the wires, etc...

Thanks in advance.
I may have soon a PnP harness that retains the HiFi amp when adding a trunk sub/amp to the OEM audio system. PM for details.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I may have soon a PnP harness that retains the HiFi amp when adding a trunk sub/amp to the OEM audio system. PM for details.
"Good idea, oh Lord!"

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Appreciate 0