E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I share mine you share yours? Tattoos!

09-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #67
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Go the fuck away Carve. No one asked for your opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #68
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Page 3 is hilarious. I can't even tell who is the fish in the barrel, too many potshots being fired in both directions.

I'd like to hear more from Carve vs rest of posters, it should be entertaining.

Carve, what is your opinion on temporary tattoos. Or they ok or verboten?

Also, does your opinion of others with tattoos vary depending on the colour of tattoo - for example, for those that chose a black / red tattoo which has a higher chance of being reversible - do you consider them potentially more attractive due to a higher probability of it being reversible than those who went with different colours...or are they all in the same bucket because they have a tattoo?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #69
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

I have two (liberty tree and Jewish triple 18) but I will admit sleeves are quite grotesque. If you can't form a coherent story about your own tattoo, don't get it 'cause it's just meaningless.

Sleeves and tramp stamps on women. Ughh.. Might as well just tattoo "I don't have a gag reflex."

Butterflies, dolphins, hearts; everyone and their mums has one. Way to be creative.
      09-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #70
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
I have two (liberty tree and Jewish triple 18) but I will admit sleeves are quite grotesque. If you can't form a coherent story about your own tattoo, don't get it 'cause it's just meaningless.

Sleeves and tramp stamps on women. Ughh.. Might as well just tattoo "I don't have a gag reflex."

Butterflies, dolphins, hearts; everyone and their mums has one. Way to be creative.
is it true that your can't be buried traditionally in a Jewish cemetery if you have tattoos or is that an old Jewish wives tale?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #71
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post

I'm pretty sure there are zero fucks being given about why you feel the way you feel about tattoos.
LOL- That's not what it looks like to me. My first post was one line, and said somewhat jokingly. Everything else is a reply to someone else who gave way too many fucks about it.

Quote:
When you go out of your way to talk shit about someone's hobby or life choices,
Not going out of my way. Just replying when addressed.

Quote:
Do you find tattoo forums and post in there as well about how stupid they are?
Nope. This isn't a tattoo forum though. I'm sure if you go to one everyone will think you're a total badass though.

Quote:
Or, on the same note, if I don't like black cars, will I go into the "Official BSM" thread and bash their decision on car color?
All cars need to be painted to protect the metal. I'll bet if there was a pink car thread there'd be a little ribbing though. Besides- I was ASKED what the downsides of tattoos were. If you were in a black-car discussion, and you were asked what the downsides are, there's nothing wrong with answering.

Quote:
1. Black makes scratches show up more.
2. Black hides the lines of the car's body.
3. The paint is permanent! Even if you repaint it, you can still tell that the black paint used to be there.
4. You guys will have to live with this the rest of your life, and my opinion is that your decision is shit.
5. Later when you car is old the black paint will be all faded and look like a bag of ass, and everyone will be able to tell how out-dated your paint is.
6. HEY, I found a thread you posted about regretting picking black as your car color, LEMME LINK IT. +5 internets.
LOL- not that I asked, but
2) Solid black accentuates the lines. Ask a body builder
4) Most people have many different cars in their lives. You can even get an identical car painted in a different color
5) Sheet metal doesn't sag.
7) Don't forget it's hot as hell if you live in the desert, and is hard to keep clean.

Quote:
What does that accomplish?
Understanding the benefits and consequences of black paint.

Last edited by carve; 09-21-2012 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #72
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Page 3 is hilarious. I can't even tell who is the fish in the barrel, too many potshots being fired in both directions.

I'd like to hear more from Carve vs rest of posters, it should be entertaining.
LOL- I agree. It's interesting how sensitive people are that there are people who find tattoos very unattractive, limiting, and foolish.

Quote:
Carve, what is your opinion on temporary tattoos. Or they ok or verboten?
I don't think they're particularly attractive, but the avoid most of the negative consequences of permanent tattoos (see my list- most don't apply to temporary tattoos). In fact, the only reason a permanent tattoo would make sense is if you got the exact same temporary one so many times in the exact same place for so many years, you'd figure you'd save a few bucks and get it permanent. Kind of like a girl who's tired of shaving her legs for years and years and gets laser hair removal. They seem to have the same benefits of a regular tattoo (pretty picture on you) without most of the negatives.

Quote:
Also, does your opinion of others with tattoos vary depending on the colour of tattoo - for example, for those that chose a black / red tattoo which has a higher chance of being reversible - do you consider them potentially more attractive due to a higher probability of it being reversible than those who went with different colours...or are they all in the same bucket because they have a tattoo?
Hmmm...I think they look less cartoony, which is less unattractive and tacky, and they're easier to change your mind on, so a bit less foolish, too. The OP's won't really cause him many problems, although I still wouldn't do it. They're very discreet, black, small, and probably fairly reversible. what are your thoughts, joekerr?

I'm wondering why more of the tattoo fans here aren't more into face tats. Show 'em off with pride, boys!

Last edited by carve; 09-21-2012 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #73
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Stop fighting and post your pics!
Getting us back on topic
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #74
carve
Major
Rep

One more thing- for those saying I'm the kind of guy who'll get all over individuals for their choices or would go to a tattoo forum just to rip on people: I have a date with sleeve-girl tomorrow. LOL...never said this before, but I hope she wears a sweater :P

She's great, but the chance of anything long-term is probably, say, 15% of what it would've been otherwise. They're THAT unattractive, and attraction is important (even though the style matches the contemporary-asian decor of my house- LOL) In other words, she'd have to be damn near perfect except for the sleeves. When she told me she had them, she said something to the effect of "it's not typically what most guys picture when they think of the kind of girl they'd like to bring home to meet their mom". She's absolutely right. She's the same age as me.

Last edited by carve; 09-21-2012 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #75
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
One more thing- for those saying I'm the kind of guy who get all over individuals for their choices or would go to a tattoo forum just to rip on people: I have a date with sleeve-girl tomorrow. LOL...never said this before, but I hope she wears a sweater :P

She's great, but the chance of anything long-term is probably, say, 15% of what it would've been otherwise. They're THAT unattractive (even though the style matches the decor of my house- LOL), and attraction is important. In other words, she'd have to be damn near perfect except for the sleeves. When she told me she had them, she said something to the effect of "it's not typically what most guys picture when they think of the kind of girl they'd like to bring home to meet their mom". She's absolutely right.
At least you know she does anal, any chick with sleeves does anal.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #76
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
At least you know she does anal, any chick with sleeves does anal.
Good advice, Mr. Ski Mask. I have a feeling you're right. I'll have to check into that ;P Is it typically customary to have a few days of old-timey traditional sex, first?

Last edited by carve; 09-21-2012 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #77
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I don't even have a sleeve, Carve. Done arguing with you, said what I needed to say. This thread is getting derailed, so I'll make my contribution and leave. Good luck on your date. Anyways, here are the promised pics. I think they need abit of color. This first one needs a retouch too.

Left shoulder

Right shoulder

Calf
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #78
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
I don't even have a sleeve, Carve. Done arguing with you, said what I needed to say. This thread is getting derailed, so I'll make my contribution and leave. Good luck on your date. Anyways, here are the promised pics. I think they need abit of color. This first one needs a retouch too.

Left shoulder

Right shoulder

Calf
WTF do they mean? yakuza zombie Christan POW? Very deep

You should've got a silver car :P (and yes- that's a joke. Just pushing your buttons on that one)

Last edited by carve; 09-21-2012 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #79
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Tattoos are sofocking lame.

These all looks bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #80
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
WTF do they mean? yakuza zombie Christan POW? Very deep

You should've got a silver car :P

They are pretty deep! Thanks First one I got when my best friend was killed overseas, the kanji means 'vengeance', added the red accent after my first deployment. Second I got when I joined the Army. Third I got when I recovered from an injury to my left ankle and was allowed to stay in.

And not a fan of silver on cars. Silver/white reminds me of rental cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #81
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Carve=secret tattoo owner...............

thats just me stirring the pot
      09-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #82
Gimlet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 135i

FWIW - I have about 50 hours of work on my body - majority of my back, one side of my ribs, top of my shoulders. This over a period of about 16 years. I can name the date, artist, what I was feeling and why I choose to get them; none of which were picked off a wall (flash art). Some of the artists were male, some female - all were researched before I selected my artist. Sure, I can say one dude in particular could appear scary or threatening to those that don't know him, but he is deeply spirtual and overall a really nice guy.

My point - my tattoos are for me. Only those close to me know that I have them. They aren't a public statement, for "look at me" value. I appreciate the beauty and quality of the art work and rather enjoy the memories and history that go with all of them. Would I have these memories otherwise? Of course, but for me they serve as a reminder to stay grounded, have strength and courage, passion in everything I do, remember those I love, not to fear things out of my control, etc...they represent hard times and wonderful times.

It's easy to stereotype those that have decided to tattoo their bodies. I see some absolutely awful tattoos, and younger people who obviously choose the latest trend and got it as largely inked across their entire arms, legs, chest etc, most likely to prove a point, or that they are "counter-culture" or a badass. Honestly, some of them I do think look pretty F'n cool, but I know theirs likely don't have the meaning to them that mine do (see there - I stereotype too).

As to beauty - if a girl is fit, obviously takes care of herself, and for me, has that "natural" something or character, I'll find her attractive - tattoed or not. I'm an equally opportunity employer.

Just thought I would share my thoughts as I've followed this thread with interest. I would advise people to try not and paint those with tattoos or an interest in them with a broad brush (pun intended). We all have different reasons, right or wrong, and are in charge of our own bodies and own decisions.

With that, let's see some more art!
      09-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #83
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDM68 View Post
Carve=secret tattoo owner...............
It seemed like a good idea at the time. People still give me "shit" about it, but it's really badass and expressive.

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #84
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
It seemed like a good idea at the time. People still give me "shit" about it, but it's really badass and expressive.

haha wow I remember this.... Wasnt there an article somewhere that a girl had her ex tattoo something on her and it ended up being that picture? I heard it was a false story kind of like the dentist who pulled out all of her ex boyfriends teeth over in europe.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #85
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Hmmm...I think they look less cartoony, which is less unattractive and tacky, and they're easier to change your mind on, so a bit less foolish, too. The OP's won't really cause him many problems, although I still wouldn't do it. They're very discreet, black, small, and probably fairly reversible. what are your thoughts, joekerr?

I'm wondering why more of the tattoo fans here aren't more into face tats. Show 'em off with pride, boys!

Well I tend to find smart people more attractive than dumb ones in terms of overall package (does not mean looks do not matter, they do). Thus, I think those people who get red or black tattoos having done research beforehand to know that there is a higher probability of successful removal if they wanted to down the road are reasonably smart. Those who don't do the research and are just lucky are lumped into the same bucket as everyone else and are not smart.

However, it is almost impossible to judge who has done research and who has not just by the tattoo, so I tend to employ snap judgements based on the individual's other characteristics (such as piercings other than the ear, and if they start a sentence with "Uhhh, hey dude..." or use "Like" too much in a sentence).

I find these snap judgements to be immeasurably helpful in determining that a shocking majority of people are dumb since I apply them to people with tattoos and those without.

The reason why you probably aren't seeing many face tats in here are those that have them do not earn enough money to have a BMW and will unlikely be in a position to afford one in the future, OR, they are engaged in an occupation that while it provides a lot of cash flow, they are currently being hosted in a secure taxpayer funded facility where they have little desire to use the internet to surf car forums, or will soon be in one of these facilities in the near future and therefore do not want to post their face to make the authorities job easier. Screw the po-po and all that right?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #86
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet View Post
FWIW - I have about 50 hours of work on my body - majority of my back, one side of my ribs, top of my shoulders. This over a period of about 16 years. I can name the date, artist, what I was feeling and why I choose to get them; none of which were picked off a wall (flash art). Some of the artists were male, some female - all were researched before I selected my artist. Sure, I can say one dude in particular could appear scary or threatening to those that don't know him, but he is deeply spirtual and overall a really nice guy.

My point - my tattoos are for me. Only those close to me know that I have them. They aren't a public statement, for "look at me" value. I appreciate the beauty and quality of the art work and rather enjoy the memories and history that go with all of them. Would I have these memories otherwise? Of course, but for me they serve as a reminder to stay grounded, have strength and courage, passion in everything I do, remember those I love, not to fear things out of my control, etc...they represent hard times and wonderful times.

It's easy to stereotype those that have decided to tattoo their bodies. I see some absolutely awful tattoos, and younger people who obviously choose the latest trend and got it as largely inked across their entire arms, legs, chest etc, most likely to prove a point, or that they are "counter-culture" or a badass. Honestly, some of them I do think look pretty F'n cool, but I know theirs likely don't have the meaning to them that mine do (see there - I stereotype too).

As to beauty - if a girl is fit, obviously takes care of herself, and for me, has that "natural" something or character, I'll find her attractive - tattoed or not. I'm an equally opportunity employer.

Just thought I would share my thoughts as I've followed this thread with interest. I would advise people to try not and paint those with tattoos or an interest in them with a broad brush (pun intended). We all have different reasons, right or wrong, and are in charge of our own bodies and own decisions.

With that, let's see some more art!
my feelings exactly but I think I have more like max 8 hrs of work on my body - this thread makes me want another one! The rush when you are getting a tat is also pretty amazing!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #87
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

This happened a few years ago to one of our southern neighbours....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-surgery.html

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #88
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well I tend to find smart people more attractive than dumb ones in terms of overall package (does not mean looks do not matter, they do). Thus, I think those people who get red or black tattoos having done research beforehand to know that there is a higher probability of successful removal if they wanted to down the road are reasonably smart. Those who don't do the research and are just lucky are lumped into the same bucket as everyone else and are not smart.

However, it is almost impossible to judge who has done research and who has not just by the tattoo, so I tend to employ snap judgements based on the individual's other characteristics (such as piercings other than the ear, and if they start a sentence with "Uhhh, hey dude..." or use "Like" too much in a sentence).

I find these snap judgements to be immeasurably helpful in determining that a shocking majority of people are dumb since I apply them to people with tattoos and those without.

The reason why you probably aren't seeing many face tats in here are those that have them do not earn enough money to have a BMW and will unlikely be in a position to afford one in the future, OR, they are engaged in an occupation that while it provides a lot of cash flow, they are currently being hosted in a secure taxpayer funded facility where they have little desire to use the internet to surf car forums, or will soon be in one of these facilities in the near future and therefore do not want to post their face to make the authorities job easier. Screw the po-po and all that right?
Well said. This is the kind of statement tattoos make to me, too. But...uhhh....like...dude- you're totally stereotyping people with face tats though. Can't judge a book by its cover, right tattoo fans???? If tattoos are so cool, why not put them up front where everyone will see? People with face tats are merely completely unashamed that they're tattoo enthusiasts, and I'm sure nobody judges them and there are no professional consequences :P

Get those face tats! No regerts!

LOL- what does that one say about intelligence?

Last edited by carve; 09-22-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0