E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > HELP!! Car throwing Codes!

08-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
ZhengHai
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

HELP!! Car throwing Codes!

Hey guys so it seems the NA section is more active so I hope we can help figure this out. I already posted this in the General Section Here but its very slow.

The Second part I want to ask is anyone with a 2007 E90 328xi post a picture of their fuse box? Im sure if i was missing a fuse somehow my car would probably run like crap or even run at all. Im running out of options here. I even took out my throttle body and cleaned it.

Im leaning towards my servo motor now but i don't hear any grinding or anything. And it would help if i knew what some of the codes meant.

Thanks in advance,

-Max
      08-30-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Hmm...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
ZhengHai
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom
Hmm...
It's getting worse and worse. I can drive normally. I tested it this morning and every time that I accelerated in 3rd it would throw a code once it hit 2500rpm.

An update: so now I was cruising in 6th gear going 60 mph, I down shifted just to see it go over 2500rpm. I accelerated at the same time as if I was going to pass someone and it got to about 3100r and then my codes popped up again. So I pretty much can't accelerate now. Before I have had it go in limp mode while just normally cruising but that was on occasion. I wouldn't be able to replicate the codes. Now I can get the codes to pop up anytime now.
      08-31-2015, 03:12 AM   #4
M.Etreby
First Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2011 Black Sapphire E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhengHai View Post
It's getting worse and worse. I can drive normally. I tested it this morning and every time that I accelerated in 3rd it would throw a code once it hit 2500rpm.

An update: so now I was cruising in 6th gear going 60 mph, I down shifted just to see it go over 2500rpm. I accelerated at the same time as if I was going to pass someone and it got to about 3100r and then my codes popped up again. So I pretty much can't accelerate now. Before I have had it go in limp mode while just normally cruising but that was on occasion. I wouldn't be able to replicate the codes. Now I can get the codes to pop up anytime now.
if your car is throwing codes same as what's overhere
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151317

then this is what I did;
I went to BMW they checked the car and found nothing with it, so they deleted cleared the faults, and I left...car was fine
after almost a month, it did the same, so I cleared the faults myself using the BMWhat app. its working fine till now, again almost a month, and I m driving like hell to assure everything is fine.

F M double Grills, 19"313, Perf.Exhaust with dimisatips, RPI red scoops, K&N filter, LUX-H8 160, Aluminum strut bar, PBX, Perf. Suspension, F30 M-Perf. Brakes
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 07:28 AM   #5
ZhengHai
Captain
Rep

I'll clear the codes and it'll come right back when I drive it past 2500 rpm
      08-31-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhengHai View Post
Hey guys so it seems the NA section is more active so I hope we can help figure this out. I already posted this in the General Section Here but its very slow.

The Second part I want to ask is anyone with a 2007 E90 328xi post a picture of their fuse box? Im sure if i was missing a fuse somehow my car would probably run like crap or even run at all. Im running out of options here. I even took out my throttle body and cleaned it.

Im leaning towards my servo motor now but i don't hear any grinding or anything. And it would help if i knew what some of the codes meant.

Thanks in advance,

-Max
I don't have an XI man, I'm sorry. But check car-part for a cheap one to swap in?
Appreciate 0