E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ROAD ANGEL

03-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

ROAD ANGEL

Has anyone tried one of these road angle devises, or something similar? I think I have been done a couple of times recently by speed cameras (although not totally sure).

How good would it be if you could programmes the cars sat nav (pro in this case) to warn you every time one of those fu?%ing things is about
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
You can get it built in to the sat Nav with a ''Segei Industries'' Nav disc, Allthough it has no audible tone to alert you, Just comes up on te Nav with a Scamera symbol.
      03-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I used to have a Mk1 Road Angel - very simple to use, but didn't provide much info and the beeping was very annoying! I've seen the Road Angel Plus, but never used it in anger - a bit more info on it, but still annoying beeps. You need to pay for updates (can be done yearly or for life).

I use a TomTom 910 and get camera updates (not TomTom) from the internet for £12/year. My TomTom can be programmed to warn me verbally when approaching cameras - not much use if you've already got Shat Nav, but better than a Road Angel in my eyes.
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

the best IMO is the Pogo Alert
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
alecs1105
Alex
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Garage List
2006 335i  [0.00]
I have a RA connected and it never missed a beat! I agree that there are cheaper ways to get there (like Segei Ind) but it's not quite the same thing - you won't get new cameras, camera vans etc. RA actually have an OPS department that constantly upgrades their DB (they actually go on site and check if somebody reports a new camera or a change in speed limit).

I think the mobile vans feature is useless though(i haven#t seen any vans actually) but I would rather get a false alert than a ticket Plus you can delete mobile sites plus you get live vans if you go for the connected version.

Cheers,
Alex
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecs1105 View Post
I have a RA connected and it never missed a beat! I agree that there are cheaper ways to get there (like Segei Ind) but it's not quite the same thing - you won't get new cameras, camera vans etc. RA actually have an OPS department that constantly upgrades their DB (they actually go on site and check if somebody reports a new camera or a change in speed limit).

I think the mobile vans feature is useless though(i haven#t seen any vans actually) but I would rather get a false alert than a ticket Plus you can delete mobile sites plus you get live vans if you go for the connected version.

Cheers,
Alex
Alex,

Many thanks for this info, however can you elaborate on what an RA is (sorry to be so ignorant)

Cheers

Mason
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
alecs1105
Alex
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Garage List
2006 335i  [0.00]
No worries mate, RA is Road Angel

I have the Road Angel Professional Connected that has a SIM card incorporated so I don't have to worry about updates it does them automatically. You can find more details on their site, link below

http://www.road-angel-gps.co.uk/road...-connected.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
the best IMO is the Pogo Alert
+1 and in the same location as well. Very accurate and reliable and saved my bacon many times.