E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > BMW Autohaus Really Bad

08-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
sguan
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Convertible

BMW Autohaus Really Bad

Bought my car at Town & Country and they are usually very busy. So I brought my car to BMW Autohaus because I didn't have to wait

I had a very irritating problem on my car, whenever I do a sudden braking, the steering wheel would tilt to one side a little. I initially thought it was brakes and one side had more pad.

So I took to BMW Autohaus and without evening doing a test drive, the advisor claimed that my steering wheel problem was normal, said the roads are not flat and there could be little rocks on the roads. I asked for a test drive and the technician was driving the car and I showed him the problem and he said there is absolutely no problem I can guarantee you. I said my cousin's 335 does not have this issue and he said that doesn't matter, every car is different. I was not happy obviously.

I took my car back to Town & Country and described the problem and couple hours after, they found Steering linkage was loose and replaced it. I will never go to Autohaus again.

Anyone has similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Wow. Make sure you send a copy of the work order to Autohaus service manager. Not good.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Devas
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M4

Send the report that there was no problem from Autohaus and the report a couple of days later that there was a problem at town and country and it was fixed, to BMW Autohaus Service Manager and BMW Canada

Although im sure nothing will happen, but hopefully if more of us complain, eventually BMW will get the hint
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
I have heard and read to many horror stories from BMW Autohaus...

You should really file a complaint, make sure the GM is aware of it.

People should really stay away from them. They are trying to "build" their reputation by being a sponsor here.

Also post your experience here...
http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bmw-autohaus-thornhill
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2042
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
NiceAndSlow
Viet Cong
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 228i

Garage List
2007 C2  [0.00]
2001 Boxster  [0.00]
2006 VW Touareg v6  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
BMW are good cars to drive but the BS from their dealerships are not worth it... Since I've moved on to Porsche..

1) Bought car back because there's some condensation in the brake lights, they changed it w/o any questions asked.
2) A very tiny spring fell out of my cup holder.. NOt sure from where but definitely from the cup hold assembly. The cup holder is fine but thought it's best to just ask the dealership. Bought back the spring and they replaced the entire cup holder assembely

Both times were free and no hassle. It shows that Porsche stands behind their cars and will not question you. well so far at least...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

I bought my car from BMW Autohaus, but I am always at Downtown BMW....those guys are incredible when it comes to customer care and working on your car.

Downtown BMW is where its at for me. 100% hassle free.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
whip_lash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
I bought my car from BMW Autohaus, but I am always at Downtown BMW....those guys are incredible when it comes to customer care and working on your car.

You must be a few of the lucky ones, i gotta go through hell and back just to get something fixed for my CPO 335i, i actually try and do as much as possible on my own cuz goin to the dealership is a huge hassle. I have 5 freinds that all drive BMW's and all hate BMW's service, they're awesome cars to drive but BMW's warranty and service is complete garbage.

BTW i bought my car from autohaus and stopped going theyre because theyre a bunch of retards and now go to bmw mississauga (not much different)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whip_lash View Post
You must be a few of the lucky ones, i gotta go through hell and back just to get something fixed for my CPO 335i, i actually try and do as much as possible on my own cuz goin to the dealership is a huge hassle. I have 5 freinds that all drive BMW's and all hate BMW's service, they're awesome cars to drive but BMW's warranty and service is complete garbage.

BTW i bought my car from autohaus and stopped going theyre because theyre a bunch of retards and now go to bmw mississauga (not much different)
I don't know much about other BMW dealerships, other than I heard bad things about BMW Autohaus, and I realized after I bought my car that they had done some serious work on it which they did not reveal to me before purchasing the car...so I decided to stay away.

As far as Downtown BMW:

1. I went in showing that i purchased the car with a tear in the drivers seat. They said it was under warranty, ordered a new seat cover, and got me a loaner for a day while they replaced it - no charge on anything, no hassle.

2. I went in asking a few questions about a light issue i was having, they took care of it, and told me my car was due for a full service (inspection, change fluids etc), and they did that hassle free, no charge.

3. I went in with a blown runflat tire, which I thought was going to be drama as I was at BMW Maranello not too long ago and i talked to them about the tire and rim warranty and they told me I would need to go back to BMW Autohaus as each dealer deals with their own warranty companies. Maranello said they would not even look at it unless they see the paperwork. Downtown BMW asked for no paperwork, no hassles...they got new rubber on my car within an hour or so.

So far so good

Oh an I enjoy drinking a latte in the lounge as I look at them work on my car through the large window panes.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
KCX_335xi
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 | 2013 e70 X5

Quote:

+1

Great service from Toronto BMW downtown...

Sheldon Ashley is a star as a SA.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
whip_lash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
I don't know much about other BMW dealerships, other than I heard bad things about BMW Autohaus, and I realized after I bought my car that they had done some serious work on it which they did not reveal to me before purchasing the car...so I decided to stay away.

As far as Downtown BMW:

1. I went in showing that i purchased the car with a tear in the drivers seat. They said it was under warranty, ordered a new seat cover, and got me a loaner for a day while they replaced it - no charge on anything, no hassle.

2. I went in asking a few questions about a light issue i was having, they took care of it, and told me my car was due for a full service (inspection, change fluids etc), and they did that hassle free, no charge.

3. I went in with a blown runflat tire, which I thought was going to be drama as I was at BMW Maranello not too long ago and i talked to them about the tire and rim warranty and they told me I would need to go back to BMW Autohaus as each dealer deals with their own warranty companies. Maranello said they would not even look at it unless they see the paperwork. Downtown BMW asked for no paperwork, no hassles...they got new rubber on my car within an hour or so.

So far so good

Oh an I enjoy drinking a latte in the lounge as I look at them work on my car through the large window panes.
Wow guess ill be taking my car to downtown bmw, even though bmw mississauga is 5 min from me i think this will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

The equivalent of BMW Autohaus in BC Vancouver is Brian Jessel BMW. Yep, same shitty service and attitude. Probably the same boss?
Appreciate 0