E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > My ALL-IN-ONE Intro Thread

10-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
bigshotx1
Member/ E92 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335ix

Arrow My ALL-IN-ONE Intro Thread

Just purchased a 2009 BMW 335i x-drive E92 Black on Black. Prior to that I had a B6 Audi A4 for to long. I have to say so far the E92 is awesome!

I know some regarding the car and have done my fair share of research so far but have some questions and would like opinions.

I would like to do some cosmetic things first. My goal is to ultimately keep it very clean looking, wanting to shoot for a "BMW M look" if that makes sense.

Interior Lights
I would like to first get into the lighting. I noticed BMW released a LED interior kit in which I would love to jump all over but am not a fan on how it doesn't carry all the bulbs needed for a switch, why this is blows my mind. So with that said is there anything I can do with the BMW kit? Other than that I was looking at HPB which seems to be a favor but am worried that it will be too bright? There are so many others out there but I am looking for a reputable kit.

Side-Markers
??

Coronas
Seems the only way to go is the LUX H8 V4? Any other favors?

Fog lights
Haven't came across any, opinions please. What produces the best match for the headlights?

License plate lights
Haven't came across any, opinions please.

Kidney Grilles
M Performance Black Chrome is the way to go!?

Lower Grilles
Right now I have a silver mesh, I was wondering where I can purchase blacked out lower grilles with consideration to the oil cooler? Seems like the 328 grilles are a favor but aren't because of the oil cooler situation.

Wheels
I am looking for a 19'' wheel. There are so many options out there! So far I have favored the VMR VB3 and the ADV1 5.0. Any recommendations here, probably looking for a gunmetal look under $1500.

Backup Camera
Found a few places through the group buy section.

Steering Wheel
BMW M Sport wheel will happen at some point with M Sport Paddles!

Please post up some opinions, pictures are always good, seems like there aren't enough pictures posted from the research I have done. Once I start getting some responses, I'll move forward and make sure to post pictures along the way!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshotx1
Just purchased a 2009 BMW 335i x-drive E92 Black on Black. Prior to that I had a B6 Audi A4 for to long. I have to say so far the E92 is awesome!

I know some regarding the car and have done my fair share of research so far but have some questions and would like opinions.

I would like to do some cosmetic things first. My goal is to ultimately keep it very clean looking, wanting to shoot for a "BMW M look" if that makes sense.

Interior Lights
I would like to first get into the lighting. I noticed BMW released a LED interior kit in which I would love to jump all over but am not a fan on how it doesn't carry all the bulbs needed for a switch, why this is blows my mind. So with that said is there anything I can do with the BMW kit? Other than that I was looking at HPB which seems to be a favor but am worried that it will be too bright? There are so many others out there but I am looking for a reputable kit.

Side-Markers
??

Coronas
Seems the only way to go is the LUX H8 V4? Any other favors?

Fog lights
Haven't came across any, opinions please. What produces the best match for the headlights?

License plate lights
Haven't came across any, opinions please.

Kidney Grilles
M Performance Black Chrome is the way to go!?

Lower Grilles
Right now I have a silver mesh, I was wondering where I can purchase blacked out lower grilles with consideration to the oil cooler? Seems like the 328 grilles are a favor but aren't because of the oil cooler situation.

Wheels
I am looking for a 19'' wheel. There are so many options out there! So far I have favored the VMR VB3 and the ADV1 5.0. Any recommendations here, probably looking for a gunmetal look under $1500.

Backup Camera
Found a few places through the group buy section.

Steering Wheel
BMW M Sport wheel will happen at some point with M Sport Paddles!

Please post up some opinions, pictures are always good, seems like there aren't enough pictures posted from the research I have done. Once I start getting some responses, I'll move forward and make sure to post pictures along the way!

Thanks!
Interior lights off eBay. Random ones and their cheap worked for me.

VHT lens tint diy rest of the side markers are complete shit.

Angel eyes deff LUX. I'd go for V3

Fog lights go with a canbus slim kit off ebay 6k is perfect.

License plate lights see my build thread in my signature. It was R-dash or something off ebay as well for $25 shipped.

Kidney grills depends on the theme you want to take you're car into.

Lower grills, but a entire new bumper. JG Mods is my recommendation.

Wheels and such is personal preference but VMR's always work.

See my build thread for insight I know I have a e90 but it'll get the mind spinning.
Appreciate 0