E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VRSF Intercooler has Arrived and Installed

07-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #89
ATP
Banned
Rep
Drives: SRT, 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Yes sir! Keep an eye out in a couple days!
Any idea how many spots? I have been waiting on this to pick up your DPs too and would hate to miss it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #90
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
We're probably going to limit them to about 20-25 intercoolers due to limited supply.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #91
dfv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 CTS-V

Quote:
While I definitely agree that these logs are ideal to compare the intercooler to other intercoolers, the results could never be compared equally unless the competitions intercoolers were tested at the same time under the exact same conditions on the exact same car.

Again, I'll still be more than happy to provide logs but in order for a fair comparison, we'll have to use the same method our competitors use to judge how well the product works.
My post was half satire, half honest, but I was actually suggesting that someone (could be you) do a few pulls with your 7 incher and then strap on an AMS core and do the same few pulls, same temps, roadway, etc.

Comparing those results, if they were in your favor, would pretty much silence the naysayers. That's a keynote if, and do enjoy the innuendos
      07-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #92
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
If I happen to stumble upon a 7" AMS I'll go ahead and compare the two
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:11 AM   #93
badfish718
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F30 335i M-Sport EB2

Quote:
Definitely going to be less than $500 and anyone who's purchased our DP's will qualify for an additional discount as well!
WIN!

Prev:
07 E92 335i Montego/Saddle - Stage 2+
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #94
oma3710
Major
Rep
Drives: ?

Will there be a big difference btw 5' and 7' performance wise?
SOLD! 435i- Cary Jordan E30 Tune~ Dinan Turbo~ BM3 trans tune~ XDI-35~ 3.5 T-map sensor~ VRSF HD FMIC~ VRSF Chargepipe~ VRSF Catless Downpipe~ CTS Intake~ FTP boost pipe~ FTP intake inlet~ FTP oil catch can~ Turbosmart dual bov~
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #95
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The gains will mostly be experienced on someone maxing out the stock turbos (pushing them out of their efficiency range) or on upgraded turbo/turbos. Otherwise you won't really notice much of a difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #96
JC335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335xi

So how about that group buy?

Parting out car. For sale thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167583
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #97
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just waiting to take some pics of the intercooler to make an official post & we'll be ready to go! We've been incredibly busy lately with record sales so it's hard to find time for the little things!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #98
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

What does the 5" & 7" weigh in at?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #99
ksalih
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

OP, so no logs?
      07-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #100
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

How is the exhaust coming along? Waiting to see that too... I like doing weight reduction while modding.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #101
oma3710
Major
Rep

Any Logs Yet????
SOLD! 435i- Cary Jordan E30 Tune~ Dinan Turbo~ BM3 trans tune~ XDI-35~ 3.5 T-map sensor~ VRSF HD FMIC~ VRSF Chargepipe~ VRSF Catless Downpipe~ CTS Intake~ FTP boost pipe~ FTP intake inlet~ FTP oil catch can~ Turbosmart dual bov~
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #102
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oma3710 View Post
Any Logs Yet????
As a casual observer with no skin in the game (still running stock IC but will be in the market soon for an upgrade and I am ALL FOR supporting new vendors and creating competition) but I'm disappointed that VRSF isn't taking a more data-driven approach here to marketing their new product.

Seems to me they're hiding behind the "all logs are different" defense. Step up to the plate, spend some R&D money to buy competitor FMICs, do a head-to-head comparo, then post the results. It's kind of funny that you scoff at doing that. .

Hell, even if the more expensive options beat you out you can still justify it by saying how much cheaper your product is and making the case that the extra $400+ isn't justified by the incremental improvement in performance. Instead, by dodging the data collection, you've made me very skeptical of your product and given me the impression you're just targeting the "anything is better than stock" crowd...a bucket I certainly don't put myself into and not a sustainable business strategy IMO. Until I see some data, I'll be saving my pennies for a Helix unit.
      07-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #103
akotten
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
As a casual observer with no skin in the game (still running stock IC but will be in the market soon for an upgrade and I am ALL FOR supporting new vendors and creating competition) but I'm disappointed that VRSF isn't taking a more data-driven approach here to marketing their new product.

Seems to me they're hiding behind the "all logs are different" defense. Step up to the plate, spend some R&D money to buy competitor FMICs, do a head-to-head comparo, then post the results. It's kind of funny that you scoff at doing that. .

Hell, even if the more expensive options beat you out you can still justify it by saying how much cheaper your product is and making the case that the extra $400+ isn't justified by the incremental improvement in performance. Instead, by dodging the data collection, you've made me very skeptical of your product and given me the impression you're just targeting the "anything is better than stock" crowd...a bucket I certainly don't put myself into and not a sustainable business strategy IMO. Until I see some data, I'll be saving my pennies for a Helix unit.
If I had the money, I would totally do a full R&D study. I think it would be fun to use a couple differential pressure sensors, some thermocouples, etc and collect actual data in a controlled environment. Then rinse and repeat on different cores and note the differences. You wouldn't even need a car for it technically. I would just want to know the amount of energy each is capable of rejecting and the pressure drop across the core.
      07-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #104
Gugs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 JetBlack

^ agree. If they are a "so called" company that does R&D then what's spending a couple thousand and buying up some competitors Intercoolers and testing them on the same car in the same conditions. That alone will boost your sales, speak for your work and pay for itself.

But that is just using Their logic of testing. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #105
oma3710
Major
Rep

Quote:

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #106
ATP
Banned
Rep
Drives: SRT, 335

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
^ agree. If they are a "so called" company that does R&D then what's spending a couple thousand and buying up some competitors Intercoolers and testing them on the same car in the same conditions. That alone will boost your sales, speak for your work and pay for itself.

But that is just using Their logic of testing. lol
Quote:
+1
Why is all of this, or any for that matter, being directed at VRSF? Show me where ANY BMW Vendor has provided this data, I'll wait....

Sure, it would be nice to see but shitting all over VRSF for not doing something that no one else has done either is BS.

Helix offered to do an "independent" test if other companies lent out their ICs and no other company jumped in. If anything, people should be calling for this comparison and not for one company to shell out thousands to to run one themselves.

VRSF has a good rep elsewhere for their products and FMICs. Go do a Google search if you want to see some data, plenty of forums with happy customers. If you can't, or won't, do that then shut up and wait till the FMIC hits the market. There will be plenty of people who will provide logs, good or bad.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #107
LivnLife31
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 N54 TiAg

Garage List
2009 335i Sedan  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
Why is all of this, or any for that matter, being directed at VRSF? Show me where ANY BMW Vendor has provided this data, I'll wait....

Sure, it would be nice to see but shitting all over VRSF for not doing something that no one else has done either is BS.

Helix offered to do an "independent" test if other companies lent out their ICs and no other company jumped in. If anything, people should be calling for this comparison and not for one company to shell out thousands to to run one themselves.

VRSF has a good rep elsewhere for their products and FMICs. Go do a Google search if you want to see some data, plenty of forums with happy customers. If you can't, or won't, do that then shut up and wait till the FMIC hits the market. There will be plenty of people who will provide logs, good or bad.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #108
e1001usa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem
Quote:
Any Logs Yet????

+10000000
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #109
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post

first of all, don't tell me to shut up, pal. it's funny how the people coming out and telling people not to bash this company (which I didn't do btw) are the same folks who bash anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to their own. But I have just as much of a right to express my opinion on this matter as you do...if you don't like it or are just a lemming fanboy of this company then that's your problem.

the difference here is that Helix, et. al. are already industry incumbents with tons of data out there to support their products so they don't have to do their own testing...they already have a reputation with their intercooler. That is part of the cost of doing business of being "fast" follow-on like VRSF...much of the actual R&D has been done for you by those established in that space-your challenge is breaking into market and making a reputation for yourself. Marketing 101 lesson over.
      07-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #110
oma3710
Major
Rep

Quote:
first of all, don't tell me to shut up, pal. it's funny how the people coming out and telling people not to bash this company (which I didn't do btw) are the same folks who bash anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to their own. But I have just as much of a right to express my opinion on this matter as you do...if you don't like it or are just a lemming fanboy of this company then that's your problem.

the difference here is that Helix, et. al. are already industry incumbents with tons of data out there to support their products so they don't have to do their own testing...they already have a reputation with their intercooler. That is part of the cost of doing business of being "fast" follow-on like VRSF...much of the actual R&D has been done for you by those established in that space-your challenge is breaking into market and making a reputation for yourself. Marketing 101 lesson over.

Appreciate 0