E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Logic7

06-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

Logic7

my logic7 amp was covered in water and now none of my speakers work and im getting the crossed out SOS light on the dash.
from what ive searched up my amp is gone.
1. is there a way of knowing that it is my amp for sure?
2. are all logic7 amps interchangeable or should i be looking for a specific used one?
3. i still have my door open and key in ignition gong,does that mean that it is not my amp?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
surendrant
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
It is most likely your amp. However I would check all fuses to see if they are blown or not.
You can also check to see if your amp is blown by using a multimeter to check to see if your getting power at the amp. Then you switch you multimeter to AC and check the +ve and -ve speaker outs from the amp. If your getting power to the amp and your not getting an output when music is being played most likely it is the amp.

Also, I'm pretty sure the logic 7s are all the same so you should be able to plug and play.

As far as the ignition gong.. Some cars have it coming from the dash rather than the speakers.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep

there is a red led on in the amp when i plug it in,is that a sign of anything?
also what fuses would i be checking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendrant View Post
It is most likely your amp. However I would check all fuses to see if they are blown or not.
You can also check to see if your amp is blown by using a multimeter to check to see if your getting power at the amp. Then you switch you multimeter to AC and check the +ve and -ve speaker outs from the amp. If your getting power to the amp and your not getting an output when music is being played most likely it is the amp.

Also, I'm pretty sure the logic 7s are all the same so you should be able to plug and play.

As far as the ignition gong.. Some cars have it coming from the dash rather than the speakers.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
surendrant
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Not sure bout the LED...they fuses should be the ones behind your glove box. But if you're getting an LED its most likely getting power. You should meter the speaker outputs from the amp while music is playing. The most likely possibility is that the amp is shot. But unfortunately it's hard to tell without using a multimeter.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep

and unfortunately since i hate electrical anything i dont have a multimeter or even know how to use one. fuses are good tho i just checked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendrant View Post
Not sure bout the LED...they fuses should be the ones behind your glove box. But if you're getting an LED its most likely getting power. You should meter the speaker outputs from the amp while music is playing. The most likely possibility is that the amp is shot. But unfortunately it's hard to tell without using a multimeter.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
surendrant
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Okay.. Well I wouldn't just go buy one without getting you current one checked but most likely its the amp.. Speakers typically don't all stop working. Also they don't just go completely silent.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #7
h0ldem_8o8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

if one of my speakers works only when I first turn the volume all the way up, then back down a bit, is my logic 7 amp at fault? is it a capacitor or transistor problem? I opened the amp up, and visually everything looks fine, but I heard the capacitors are usually the ones to cause problems in logic 7 amps, is this true?
Appreciate 0