E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > STAY AWAY!!! OCBMW Harriman, NY

07-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
McChris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C 6MT

STAY AWAY!!! OCBMW Harriman, NY

This was the worst experience I have had purchasing anything! Whether it's a car or a part. I saw the deal online and it only had the stock photo. I emailed hen to get details and they seemed very nice at first. Seeing as I was out of state, they did a lot to get this done before me driving up there. That's where the pleasantries stopped. They refused to take pictures of the car and promised it was in "perfect" condition and asked if I wanted to make a deal or not. They weren't going to go through all this trouble if I wasn't going to make the deal. I probably should have stopped there but I drove 4 hours to go see it. When I got there it had a crack in the windshield, a dent in the hood, curb rash and 3 bad tires. I was told that before the deal was made, they would put it in the shop and everything would be fixed. I had to go home and come back another day. They also assured me that it would pass md inspection because they knew I had to get it done. I came back 2 days later, another 4 hour trip and made it an hour before they closed. Car was still in the shop while I got the paperwork in order. It comes out with 2 new tires, some touch up paint on the hood and a repaired(still visible) crack in windshield. They again assured me it would pass inspection no matter how much I argued. I was also promised a second key and re plastic cover over the rear view mirror. After several failed inspections, I argued with them for over a month to replace the windshield in which time temp tags expired. 6 weeks later they finally split the cost with me. Another inspection and all 4 rotors and another tire were bad. I tried to call them back, got screamed at saying I've had the car too long and it was on me. So another $1000 and 4 weeks I'm getting signed off for inspection tomorrow. I never got the plastic mirror cover and after 9 weeks of nearly being cussed out over the phone for being a hassle(salesman refuses to talk to me) I was sent my 2nd "key". A wallet key that serves no purpose. It doesn't start the car. A 2nd key should be in case you lose or have a key stolen. I have an integrated key so if I lose my key, all I can do is open my doors. I have been as polite as possible the whole time but nothing I was promised has been delivered. I have been in this deal for almost 10 weeks and have put another $1500 into this car just to get it on the road when I was told everything would be taken care of. Once the sale was made, they refused to return phone calls and did not want to back their product. This is the thing that makes me regret buying another BMW. Once they make a sale, they will refuse to deliver anything else that was guaranteed. End rant!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Upgrade+
Good life
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW

Wow! Sorry to hear that. I had ordered/built and bought my 135 there in 2008 and had a great experience. But my original CA had left there when things started getting bad there. I think it might have been a change in ownership or something. Now I keep hearing bad things about them. Hudson valley BMW in poughkeepsie is just as bad. I always loved going there for service and when I made a visit to get some work done with my 335i, the car came out with a scrape on the passanger sideskirt and the top of my bumper all swirly and scratched up. When I complained that those defects were not on the car before hand, the service manager came at me saying "Bullshit" and that "He knew when someone was trying to pull a fast one". After I kept myself calm enough from punching him out, I told him he was wrong and unprofessional to talk to me like that. He reluctanly apologized and then said that he would fix my bumper only and that any future services not be done there again. That was a slap in the face again and I told him I don't even want them to bother. I explained that for the past 3 years, I've brought my 135i there because of the outstanding experiences I've had with the staff there. I had written a letter of complaint with pictures included addressed to the owner describing my horrible experience and what I wanted done to be satisfied. 4 months later, still no response. Inexcusable!
Current: 08 E90 M3 Alpine White Former: 11 135i Msport Space Gray -Former: 07 335i Titanium Silver E92- Former: 08 135i Alpine White E82- Past: 06 Subaru STI WRB- Past: 04 Audi S4 Imola yellow- Past:97 Honda prelude Ice blue
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
mjsbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 535xi Luxury

Not surprised. When I was shopping for a new 328xi, the saleman was very nice over the phone but there was no follow-up on his part regarding a few agreed upon items. I just crossed them off my list and dealt with another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Aacaron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED E92 335i Oct 17

Garage List
2012 335i e92  [0.00]
After being told that the car was in perfect condition and seeing that is wasn't after the 4 hr drive I would have walked. I know you invested the time in making the drive but that was the first of many lies you were told. One lie is enough for me to walk. That being said I am currently doing and European delivery from hudson valley BMW. So far my experience with the CA has been pleasant. I am hoping the service will at least be decent there. I would hate to have to go elsewhere to get my car serviced.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

Thumbs down My Latest Experience @ Orange County BMW

First thanks to the members who've recommended Truecar.com, it's been extremely helpful. Was in contact with several dealers from NY, CT, MA, and even RI. I explained to them all that Im a serious buyer, either you have the exact specs for a 335D or we can place an order. I told them (letting them know Im knowledgeable) I know production for the E90 ends in OCT so hopefully it's still possible to place an order. Every dealer didnt have what I wanted or had no production slots available except OCBMW. I get a call from Christine Kick stating they have one left, told her my days off and she said we're open on Sundays . Mind you, I did stress I'm a serious buyer, now Im in CT, OC is a hour and 30 min away, so that's roughly four hours of my day off that I lose. Now the good part!

Get there, meet my CA Harry Perez, everything goes smoothly, takes my deposit, shake hands, was told Id be contacted with my production #, I boogie.

While there I even inquired about placing an order for an e90 M instead of the 335D, he texted his boss, boss said no "supposedly". I would think with a production slot open and the chance to sell a vehicle that costs more would have opened a door. Oh well, through talking I found out Harry had Monday (Labor Day) off. So I wait til Thursday to contact OC for a production number. I was told good news the credit approval went through, but the production slot is gone would I be interested in a 2012?

Now how is the prod slot gone especially if I put a deposit down? I should have asked questions but I just wanted my money back, as I get older (32 in 2 wks) I dont have time for the bullshit. Then it took up to a week for confirmation that he got my messages via email/phone for my refund info. I didnt want confirmation of my refund, but confirmation that he recieved the info needed to process it. Well I wont be going there for business again, nor will I recommend them to anyone else.

Dont drive the E92M much dont want high mileage, just sold my EVO X DD, and now I'm using my STI (autocross/ track prepped) as DD. Kinda sucks since it's so raw, now I need a daily, figured with the Diesel I'd get the best of both worlds performance/fuel economy. Guess saving some money is always a PHENOMENAL thing too
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
f3d
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

I had a great experience recently at OC bmw... (I'm new here, fair enough, not much weight) but they really were great. Car's perfect, delivery went smoothly aside from a thunderstorm. Sorry to hear you guys had a bad experience

I havent tried them for service yet but I'm heading up there for the car's first one. Will repot back.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
Timothy J
Captain
Rep
Drives: Too much

You gotta talk to the right people there. Wyatt and Colin are great CA's. Service guy is pretty decent, too.
2024 BMW M2 BSM 6MT Carbon Package
Appreciate 0