E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 2007 328xi 4x4 ABS Error codes

05-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
AnotherJJJFoul96
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

2007 328xi 4x4 ABS Error codes

I'm having trouble figuring out what my 4x4 abs issue is. I've had the Red break light, yellow ABS and circle triangle light, in the cluster in the 4x4 abs, ever since my battery died. I've tried almost everything, reading almost every forum I've seen very similar issues, but my error codes aren't as exact, and my issue isn't random, the lights are always on.

The main code coming back is:

DSC - 5F39 "Transfer case ECU: VG clutch defective - clutch unknown."
"No suitable error symptom ... A fault would cause a warning lamp to light
up"

That is the only code really coming back consistently after clearing. Does this mean the TC servo motor is toast? This is my feeling, but its strange how it happened after a dead battery, and I'm not getting the servo motor / interal tc failure
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Maybe some bs reset in the tc system, though that servomotor is a horrible design with a damn plastic gear inside so i wouldn't be surprised if it's that, mine threw it once after disconnecting the battery then went away with enough driving, few thousand miles later the tc actuator shit the bed.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
AnotherJJJFoul96
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
Maybe some bs reset in the tc system, though that servomotor is a horrible design with a damn plastic gear inside so i wouldn't be surprised if it's that, mine threw it once after disconnecting the battery then went away with enough driving, few thousand miles later the tc actuator shit the bed.
I actually ordered it thinking it would solve my issue just to be surprised when I took the actuator off and it's all metal gears.. lol my luck, but I guess it's just the X3s that have that stupid plastic gear. But after countless hours of searching and trying things, it ended up being the VTG control unit needed coding, it was fairly simple in NCS expert then I just did a simple clutch test in inpa, all lights went away!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 11:37 PM   #4
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Oh well that's great news then phew. It tends to cut any driving aids with those codes. I opened my actuator and found out one of the gears was stripped it definitely looked like plastic but there's no replacement gear for the E9x. Shopping for one rn at least Ik that's one thing that's bad for sure.
Appreciate 0