E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ***NOW HAPPILY RESOLVED*** My awful experience at Sytner Harold Wood - please help!

06-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #89
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I think respect is due to Darren for getting on here and sorting out the issues. I'm sure the dealers do watch the forum, but to get involved isn't a regular occurrence. I wish more would sign up.
      06-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #90
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
Fair play to Darren....takes some bollocks knowing ur gonna get ya arse ripped out.But as i said fair play to ya.

Resolution was all that was sort after in many cases but why oh why does it mean so much to just admit...YOU ARE WRONG occasionally.

Good customer service is worth its wait in gold nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #91
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
interesting if you Google Sytner Harold Wood this thread comes top of the list
no it doesn't? This thread is nowhere to be seen? Or am I going mad..
      06-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #92
Swiller
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Dont get your hopes up yet wafik. In essence, what you want is a new motor or it fixed pronto, if it hasnt been already. Do tell us whats happening. Eg: are they replacing the car? have you got a temp replacement? whats the timescale on it all? any compensation?

Whilst it is good to see some traction on the troubles, it is driven by profit of course, given the change of subject of sytners in general. Darren is just doing his job - ie protecting a reputation for good service and repairs. It would be daft not to come on here and try and salvage the situation for the future of that outlet and potentially the rest of the group.

I would still be livid about the whole thing and would suggest keep piling on the pressure until you get a fit for purpose vehicle. Get everything in writing of course.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #93
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

First of all, i would like to say thank you to Darren for personally getting involved in the situation so far....it does give some hope, not just to me, but for everyone else reading. I thank everyone on this forum for such amazing support which i really appreciate!

However....as of yet, nothing has been done..But tomorrow i do have a meeting with Darren and Paul.. Hopefully all goes well as this situation really must be solved tomorrow.
      06-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #94
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiller View Post
Dont get your hopes up yet wafik. In essence, what you want is a new motor or it fixed pronto, if it hasnt been already. Do tell us whats happening. Eg: are they replacing the car? have you got a temp replacement? whats the timescale on it all? any compensation?

Whilst it is good to see some traction on the troubles, it is driven by profit of course, given the change of subject of sytners in general. Darren is just doing his job - ie protecting a reputation for good service and repairs. It would be daft not to come on here and try and salvage the situation for the future of that outlet and potentially the rest of the group.

I would still be livid about the whole thing and would suggest keep piling on the pressure until you get a fit for purpose vehicle. Get everything in writing of course.
I agree...but i will definatly keep you updated on what happens tomorrow. Personally i have made it clear i do not want the car now, as it is clearly not fit for purpose. I still want to stay with BMW as i do know that one car going terribly wrong does not mean they all go wrong and therefore a replacement car will indeed solve the issues and problems that could not be solved when they had the car for a whole month. The fact that the roof could not be fixed after having the car for a whole month leaves me with no hope that they can fix it in a week...not too mention the few other problems with the car. But im hoping with the help of Darren, paul and the rest of the people at BMW we can come to a fair agreement!!
      06-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #95
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Take a tape recorder or press record on your phone, when they put you in the isolated room.
What ever answer they try and get out of you, walk away, and tell them you will think about it, and discuss with the forum members first, before making a decision. Unless they say they will give you a brand new car, with the exact same options as before, and what ever colour you want, unless you still want that same colour again lol

And remember, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING, until you scan the documents, and post them up on here first !
Mods ListAP Racing BBKs, Bilstein PSS10 , Rogue Engineering Pulleys, RTM and Transmission Mounts, Eibach ARBs, Supersprint LightWeight Race Muffler, Miltek 100 Cell Cats, Recaro Pole Positions, Aluminium Brushed Trim, Csl Steering wheel, Imola Red Arm Rest, CSL Diffuser, 10mm Eibach Spacers, Depo Indicators, Custom blacked out front grills, Carbon Fibre Side Grills, Custom UUC ClutchStop, CSL OEM Bootlid, V-CSL Bumper,
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #96
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaLiBaR View Post
unless you still want that same colour again
what's wrong with the colour..?! looks lovely...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #97
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
what's wrong with the colour..?! looks lovely...
Its a bit girly
Mods ListAP Racing BBKs, Bilstein PSS10 , Rogue Engineering Pulleys, RTM and Transmission Mounts, Eibach ARBs, Supersprint LightWeight Race Muffler, Miltek 100 Cell Cats, Recaro Pole Positions, Aluminium Brushed Trim, Csl Steering wheel, Imola Red Arm Rest, CSL Diffuser, 10mm Eibach Spacers, Depo Indicators, Custom blacked out front grills, Carbon Fibre Side Grills, Custom UUC ClutchStop, CSL OEM Bootlid, V-CSL Bumper,
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #98
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaLiBaR View Post
Its a bit girly
lol mmm u know its a nice colour
      06-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #99
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
I agree...but i will definatly keep you updated on what happens tomorrow. Personally i have made it clear i do not want the car now, as it is clearly not fit for purpose. I still want to stay with BMW as i do know that one car going terribly wrong does not mean they all go wrong and therefore a replacement car will indeed solve the issues and problems that could not be solved when they had the car for a whole month. The fact that the roof could not be fixed after having the car for a whole month leaves me with no hope that they can fix it in a week...not too mention the few other problems with the car. But im hoping with the help of Darren, paul and the rest of the people at BMW we can come to a fair agreement!!
BMW can get it right, but I think your car might be beyond redemption. Go for a replacement, I don't think it is repairable without causing more damage. You need that new car feeling again to regain confidence and hopefully a replacement BMW.
      06-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #100
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
lol mmm u know its a nice colour
Individual colour ? Stands out
      06-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #101
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Hey, having seen the car in person I think it's a great colour. Quite distinctive.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #102
XKaLiBaR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Maybe you can mention tonights 5th gear, where the weird looking guy reviewed the audi convertible to the bmw convertible
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #103
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Darren have you had any problems with BMW OEM 19" alloys cracking in the UK?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190162
      06-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #104
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Darren have you had any problems with BMW OEM 19" alloys cracking in the UK?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190162
and the std. 18's M Sport also my dad has had 2 rears crack.
      06-16-2009, 03:23 AM   #105
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Edition Sport

Cracked Alloys- Yes we have had plenty of cars with cracked alloys, mainly around London and the South. The feedback from BMW UK has been that the propensity of speedbumps and pot holes on Londons roads combined with the strengthened side wall of run flats has been the contributing factors.

Avoiding pot holes and driving slowly over speed bumps has been the advice to avoid further instances.

I have seen the "cracked alloys" sticky above. I guess we will have to see what the outcome of this is.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #106
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Do you know if M3 and Alpina models suffer to the same extent as the rest of the models?

Forget the speed bumps and pot holes, I suspect it's purely down to the selection of run-flats - a tyre specification which I dearly wish BMW would make an option.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #107
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

As posted earlier, I had a problem with a Edinburgh Dealer and I only wish someone like Darren had been able take issue on like in this case.

Well done Darren
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #108
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

So when are you guys talking it out today? Any updates?
      06-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #109
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

It is great to see positive action from the high up figures in Sytner, it is worrying that individuals such as wafik have had to suffer such bad service and come across brick wall over and over.

Hopefully Darren with the added exposure being a forum member will put things right.

I cant believe there could be such gap in service levels between dealers, I've dealt with Sytner Sunningdale over last 3 years and they have been great, going to great lenghts to resolve even the smallest issue (boot handle on my old e46 being one).

Lets hope eventually HW dealership can get to that level

oh and Tony big thank you for championing this from our end. . As they say you are the man.
      06-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #110
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I had the meeting earlier on with Darren Edwards, Paul Fruen and Laurence Bennett....

First of all i would like to thank them all for the support and help in resolving the situation. The meeting went great and they did do their best to resolve the situation. They have offered to replace my car for me or change for another model and i pay any extra (if any) if the new car cost more then the cost my my car. I am now going to think of what i would like to do....weather i want to get the exact same car or go for another model? want to take my time and come to a good decision which i would not regret in the future.

I hope that they maintain this top level of service, and no doubt i think they will as Darren has explained to me some changes that will be made to Sytner Harold Wood within the next few months to come. I am glad that my situation has finally been taken serious and although i had to do so much just to recieve this service, i am sure that in the future if people report any major problems direct to Darren, he will definatly take matters in to his hands and make sure the situation is rectified....so thank you Darren for taking matters in to your hands and solving them with Paul and Laurence.

Thank you to every person who has contributed to my case on this forum, if it wasnt for you people im not sure what i would have done. Also i would like to say a special thanks to Tony for all the help and advice he has given me

Now i just need to decide on what i would like to do next regarding the choice of car and if i should get the exact same car? hmmm gota lot 2 think bout now!

If Sytner Harold Wood keep this level up and keep on improving on the service side of things i am sure we would soon all be saying possitive things rather then negative things and there would be less dissatisfied customers