E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Speaker in the rear door card - E60

01-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
afsar
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d

Speaker in the rear door card - E60

Guys, with MS-8 when you enable L7 you don't get a choice of rear speakers, all you get is side "speakers", now we assing the rear parcel shelf speaker as a side speaker do we really need any speaker on the rear door card.

I am going to replace my door card trim (brushed alu to bamboo wood this time) I can install speaker there while I take the door card off ONLY if it is worthwhile. Some people have suggested to run them in parallel to rear parcel shelf speakers. My main worry is as MS-8 does time alignment wonder how it will work when they are in parallel, they are at different distance from listeners.

What do you guys suggest?
      01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

If you have the side door card with hole, do it, if not , dont
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
afsar
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d

Don't have hole at the moment but I have got dremel tool, won't take long for me to cut it.

Can we mix different type of speaker like stock L7 in the parcel shelf and Xtant coaxial in the door card? How would I level match MS-8 then?