E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Underboost code/PROcede. Help! More to it

09-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Op- email me your name and phone number when u get a chance and we can troubleshoot over the phone. If you need to run a gain of 80% to get decent boost response, you are dealing with something that should be easy to track. Also, not running well in map0 indicates something is still wrong. Have you confirmed that your HKS bov isn't leaking? I've seen that before fwiw.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenshiWingusu View Post
My issue didn't have anything to do with my vac/boost system, the main issue seemed to be that since my wastegates are getting old and worn out, I needed to set my Boost Control Gain to 80%. This gave the WGA more vacuum to hold the gate shut. How many miles do you have on your wastegates? Try running the 111 firmware with the 5-23 stage 1 maps, leave it all default and make sure you are plugged in to AC power when you update firmware and maps. Start incrementing the BCG up and see if it helps

Ok I will try that. crazy though when I try to put the 5-23 maps on with the 111 firmware, when I check the user parameters, they are all out of wack. I guess I should just go ahead and adjust them myself? I will increase the BCG and try that. Probably could be the wastegates, but my car has 40k miles. I checked the rear actuator rod before and even adjusted it a little too.

Another thing, you know when you start the car and the boost guage sweeps and whatever map shows, is the boost guage supposed to sweep to your set boost? all the way across from 0-20? Cuz mine only went to 10psi on the sweep.. Just curious
      09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #25
TenshiWingusu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlantedEyeXI View Post
Ok I will try that. crazy though when I try to put the 5-23 maps on with the 111 firmware, when I check the user parameters, they are all out of wack. I guess I should just go ahead and adjust them myself? I will increase the BCG and try that. Probably could be the wastegates, but my car has 40k miles. I checked the rear actuator rod before and even adjusted it a little too.

Another thing, you know when you start the car and the boost guage sweeps and whatever map shows, is the boost guage supposed to sweep to your set boost? all the way across from 0-20? Cuz mine only went to 10psi on the sweep.. Just curious
Have you reset you adaptations when you flash maps by using the cruise control stock when you turn the car on? Mine gauge sweeps all the way i think. When you say out of whack, can you give an example.
      09-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #26
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenshiWingusu View Post
Have you reset you adaptations when you flash maps by using the cruise control stock when you turn the car on? Mine gauge sweeps all the way i think. When you say out of whack, can you give an example.

Yea I reset from 12 to 1 comm 3... and the guage sweeps to your current fuel on initial startup I think, I was just being paranoid. Yesterday I even changed the lines from both turbos to the solenoids just in case they were broken. So thats pretty much every line changed so far.
Ok out of whack meaning ign corr value of 200, boost response 255, bcg 200 i think... Do I just adjust them manually. When I got the procede loaded with the 5-23 I checked the parameters and they were what I normally see, ign corr 100, boost response 100 etc. I don't know why the 5-23 I'm trying to upload now has those issues no matter the stage. and when I started the car, check engine light and a long crank.. so I went back again to 7-29 with the 108 frimware. Still haven't solved the low boost issue tho... going adj the BCG like you said today.
      09-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #27
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep

And fill me in on whatever you and Shiv figure out, I doubt my awe bov is leaking either but I need to figure this crap out... its all dwindling down to my wastegates
      09-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #28
TenshiWingusu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlantedEyeXI View Post
Yea I reset from 12 to 1 comm 3... and the guage sweeps to your current fuel on initial startup I think, I was just being paranoid. Yesterday I even changed the lines from both turbos to the solenoids just in case they were broken. So thats pretty much every line changed so far.
Ok out of whack meaning ign corr value of 200, boost response 255, bcg 200 i think... Do I just adjust them manually. When I got the procede loaded with the 5-23 I checked the parameters and they were what I normally see, ign corr 100, boost response 100 etc. I don't know why the 5-23 I'm trying to upload now has those issues no matter the stage. and when I started the car, check engine light and a long crank.. so I went back again to 7-29 with the 108 frimware. Still haven't solved the low boost issue tho... going adj the BCG like you said today.
Did you wait 10 seconds after resetting #3 before moving to the #2 adaptation? I know for a fact that if you move on before the dme has reset it will mess up a ton. I'll keep you posted on what shiv and I figure out, but from the looks of it i have a few issues one might be the procede the other might be old worn wastegates. Here is a log that we took yesterday with a gauge hooked up to my WGA line. The Vac onset for 100% WGDC is very slow...
      09-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #29
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep

so did the turbo vac lines (very difficult if you have large hands!!!) then I completely erased all procede files on my pc, redownloaded the 5-23 maps and firmware, put it on the procede, stage 2 and checked the user tuning and everything was back fine again. took the car for a slight spin and it boosted to about 12psi....much better. I didn't even truly go wot either, so I'll do another run today. Also I didn't wait 10secs after #3..I kinda thought about it when I was resetting too. so I'll reload the map and wait 10 secs on 3. Im also getting code 52647 (status gear reverse? ) no idea what it means.

How soon are our wastegates supposed to go or wear? I'm at 40k and I'm suspecting mine are. I see your log and yess slow in response. Also if they were worn or going, shouldn't boost response in stock mode be affected? you shouldn't be able to build boost fine up to 10psi and just hiccup..

At least there's some progress going on here...