E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > PROGMAN 25.00.03 Released!

04-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #111
CPTHALL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

No word from the dealer as of yet. I know they are overloaded with ALL the VR issues. I rarely use my VR so I can wait BUT I JUST NOTICED THAT MY DRIVERS DOOR INTERIOR WINDOW BUTTON PLATE PAINT IS PEELING AGAIN!!!!

2013 535XI M-sport
2012 Cherokee Overland
2010 BMW S1000rr
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #112
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTHALL View Post
No word from the dealer as of yet. I know they are overloaded with ALL the VR issues. I rarely use my VR so I can wait BUT I JUST NOTICED THAT MY DRIVERS DOOR INTERIOR WINDOW BUTTON PLATE PAINT IS PEELING AGAIN!!!!
Bummer . . . but thanks for the update.
      04-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #113
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Guess I'll wait for 25.05 before getting the upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #114
p166mmx73
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe

Garage List
I just saw a post on another forum from an 07 530 owner that just got the 25.05 update.

He said his voice command was working, but that he didn't have RTTI and couldn't comment on that feature.

I lost RTTI and VC after I upgraded to 25.04 last week.

328xi Coupe | Space Gray | Black/Dark Burl
AT | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | NAV | Logic7 | CA | PDC
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #115
MusicMan
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330I

Another one bites the dust

Well I guess you can add me to the list of 06 330i owners with no VR. Took my car in for navigation issues and they upgraded the software to Progman 25.?.
Spoke to BMWNA this morning to file a complaint about the software issue. They said I should wait for the new update, approx. 2 weeks. :mad:
      04-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #116
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
Well I guess you can add me to the list of 06 330i owners with no VR. Took my car in for navigation issues and they upgraded the software to Progman 25.?.
Spoke to BMWNA this morning to file a complaint about the software issue. They said I should wait for the new update, approx. 2 weeks. :mad:
Two weeks. Incredible.

To think that when I started this thread TWO WEEKS ago, I actually thought that 25.00.03 was going to be the solution. Things have gotten worse!

And who knows what evil will lurk in the shadows of the update that we MAY see two weeks from now. Loss of braking and steering??!!
      04-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #117
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
Two weeks. Incredible.

To think that when I started this thread TWO WEEKS ago, I actually thought that 25.00.03 was going to be the solution. Things have gotten worse!

And who knows what evil will lurk in the shadows of the update that we MAY see two weeks from now. Loss of braking and steering??!!
What's surprising to me is BMWNA's attitude toward it's customers. The basic attitude is, we may have released software that caused this problem. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it, deal with it. We will have an update soon. No exact time commitment of course.
      04-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #118
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

I think you guys are blowing this a bit out of proportion.... no?

So, your VR or RTTI doesn't work for a couple of weeks? What did you do before these features were available?

And this notion is just preposterous:
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #119
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

Quote:
Two weeks. Incredible.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. My wife scared me off getting procede citing that it has not been tested for long, its aftermarket etc., but now BMW isn't doing any better!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #120
MusicMan
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=kuthair;875641]I think you guys are blowing this a bit out of proportion.... no?

NO! I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a multi-billion dollar corporation to test software before releasing it to it's customers.
Secondly, if a mistake is made, have the balls to stand up, admit you made
a mistake and compensate the customer in some way for the inconvenience.
I personally was without my car for 4 days while they tried to diagnose the problem caused by the software. TIME IS MONEY, I shouldn't have to waste
mine because someone at BMW didn't do their job properly!
      04-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #121
magamaga
-
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Did they give you another car to drive for free? If so, then you are not wasting any money.
325i Sparkling Graphite/Navigation/Steptronic/HeatedSeats/ DRL Angel Eyes/Metal Pedals/Tail Pipe Tips/Rear BMW Spoiler/BMWAlarm/LoJack/BlackLineTailLights/Hardwired BeltronicsProfessionalRX65RadarDetector/Rear FogLights/Debadged/LUX 5.0/ACS Roof Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #122
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
NO! I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a multi-billion dollar corporation to test software before releasing it to it's customers.
Secondly, if a mistake is made, have the balls to stand up, admit you made
a mistake and compensate the customer in some way for the inconvenience.
I personally was without my car for 4 days while they tried to diagnose the problem caused by the software. TIME IS MONEY, I shouldn't have to waste
mine because someone at BMW didn't do their job properly!
How exactly would you like to be compensated for this problem? Ok, so time is money, so let's complete the equation...

How much time did you lose because of this problem? 2 hours in commuting back and forth to the dealer? And, lets be generous, lets say you are paid well in whatever you do -- $200/hr. Would $400 make you happy?

I just dont get it...relax, you'll live longer.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #123
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magamaga View Post
Did they give you another car to drive for free? If so, then you are not wasting any money.
Actually, yes they gave me a car after I realized the VR was not working.
So I have now driven back and forth to the dealership 2 times, hopefully only 1 more time to once again reinstall the software. Still think it's not a waste of time?
      04-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #124
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

Sorry, but coming from a developers stand-point, releasing software that blatantly has bugs is definitely unacceptable. It's one thing to over look the fact that the arrow doesn't display on the right side screen, since even most people probably didn't realize it was a bug. BUT to have VR not work is a huge oversight.

All software releases should come with a checklist of issues that were fixed, as well as a general list of things that should be checked regardless. If pressing a button on the steering wheel/console wasn't in that checklist, then there are some serious problems with their QA.

I agree people are blowing this out of proportion with asking BMW to refund them a brand new car + $1mil for time wasted, because that's not going to happen. But come on BMW, get your act in order.

/rant
      04-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #125
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthair View Post

And this notion is just preposterous:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo
Admittedly hyperbole, my friend . . .
but nevertheless hyperbole that does not diminish the fact that BMWNA is mishandling this situation . . . badly.
      04-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #126
CPTHALL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

I will just have faith that BMW will get things correct and we can all be happy again. " Worrying is like a rocking chair, it occupies time but get you nowhere". I just dont sweat the small stuff. Next month we will again be talking about how wonderful our vehicles are!!!!

2013 535XI M-sport
2012 Cherokee Overland
2010 BMW S1000rr
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #127
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
What bugs me isn't the time lost but that the are still installing this. If it's broke why are they still using it? Wouldn't it be better for the company and the customer if the dealer said "yes, there is a problem but we would rather not upgrade your car right now until the bugs are fixed we'll call you. That way we don't have to leave the car at the dealership multiple times. They MUST know by now that it's buggy.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #128
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
What bugs me isn't the time lost but that the are still installing this. If it's broke why are they still using it? Wouldn't it be better for the company and the customer if the dealer said "yes, there is a problem but we would rather not upgrade your car right now until the bugs are fixed we'll call you. That way we don't have to leave the car at the dealership multiple times. They MUST know by now that it's buggy.
This would seem logical. However, when I spoke to BMWNA this morning I was told they were NOT aware of this being a major problem and that it could be a vehicle specific problem.
      04-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #129
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTHALL View Post
I will just have faith that BMW will get things correct and we can all be happy again. " Worrying is like a rocking chair, it occupies time but get you nowhere". I just dont sweat the small stuff. Next month we will again be talking about how wonderful our vehicles are!!!!
Let's hope so. I LOVE my BMW!!!! BMWNA's customer service is a completely different story.
      04-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #130
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Sounds like a MUCH bigger issue than with only one car. I haven't seen anyone in here say everything works fine. Sure small sample size but one would think if it was working someone would be saying something...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #131
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
Sounds like a MUCH bigger issue than with only one car. I haven't seen anyone in here say everything works fine. Sure small sample size but one would think if it was working someone would be saying something...
Mine is working fine after the update. Initially I lost VR, but I took the car back to the dealer. They sent my CCC to BMW for reprogramming (BMW NA is about 5-10 miles from my dealer). My car now has version 25.XX and VR is functional.

There were no other problems from the update, though the iDrive load time and response to commands is much quicker. Another thing I have noticed is that the throttle seems to be more responsive since the update.

Total time spent at the dealer: 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #132
Hogson100
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Cars with voice recognition that have been programmed with V25.x need enabling codes to activate the function. If the codes dont load from the FSC DVD then the codes can be obtained by ordering using this part number 65 83 6 976 389 via the parts system from the dealer.
Once this order has been processed BMW AG will create the enabling codes and make them available for the dealer to download from the ASAP website (aftersales assistance portal).Can take approx 2 hrs to half a day.
The download is located in the "parts and accessories" section and lower down on that page is a section called "sweeping technologies" and the top link is "download Freischalt codes".

When this link is opened there are two boxes that open one asks for vehicle VIN number the other one asks for the dealer number the trick here is to leave the vin number blank and just enter the international dealer number then the download will be displayed and its just a case of clicking on it unzipping it save it to a floppy then it can be imported to the vehicle when it is programmed. If the Vin number is entered in the download section it does not display anything.

I have done this process myself several times and I have had no problems getting the voice recognition to work.
Paul
Appreciate 0