E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Oversized images on this forum

04-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
Doofus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Oversized images on this forum

Is there a setting somewhere that I can toggle so that all the images are resized to be smaller? With a link attached saying "enlarge" or "expand" should I want to view it full sized? Most forums have this as a default, but on here, pictures are often bigger than my screen and I have to open them in a new tab to see them properly.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

On other forums they have a size rule and if the images are bigger they get deleted.
When you upload them, you have the option for changing size.

Maybe the mods should do something similar here
      04-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

I just use Imgur now it's much more straight forward and you can then use the photos on whatever forum
You want just copy the link.

It's easy to select different sizes aswell, huge thumbnail option is usually the best fit for most forums
      04-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #4
Doofus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark e90 View Post
I just use Imgur now it's much more straight forward and you can then use the photos on whatever forum
You want just copy the link.

It's easy to select different sizes aswell, huge thumbnail option is usually the best fit for most forums
I haven’t actually posted any pictures myself yet, actually, but yeah, IMGUR is what I’d use and is what I will be using when I get round to posting some pictures.

I was just talking about pictures on the forum in general really. Oversized images everywhere. I am sure there’s something an admin can do to get all the pictures to automatically be reduced to a large-ish thumbnail size, and for it to be clickable to make it larger should you desire to view it so. I made my own football forum a while back and this was an option in the admin panel.

It’s fine on the mobile version, though! Just a pain when I am on my 13 inch MacBook Pro. I often can’t see the full image without having to scroll and see bits of it at a time! (Unless I open it in a new tab, then it’s fine, but that’s tedious)
Appreciate 0