E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede Suggestion

10-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Procede Suggestion

hey shiv,

i have an idea for a new user defined parameter for V3.xxx. this would be exclusive only to the 6AT steptronic foks...

our steptronic transmissions have this "adaptive learning" function that learns the way you drive/shift based on your most recent uses. so if you have been sitting in traffic, it adapts to your driving style and goes in the "granny shifting" mode. so i find myself doing the transmission reset (floor the accelerator for 30+ seconds with the accessories on) to get it to shift quickly and directly... removes all the slush.

so my idea for this new function for procede V3.xxx is to allow the user to enable/disable this transmission adapting functionality. or to expand on that, allow users to define map 1 with it enabled and map 2 with it disabled.

i think this will be a great addition for us 6AT drivers. perhaps you are already working on such a function... maybe its one of your top secret G-14 hidden user parameters.

finally, i think this may be indirectly related to the existing shift/boost parameter that decreases boost during shifts to smooth it out (which is an engine/turbo function) but i dont believe this has any affect on the transmission's shift speed and directness.

let me end this by saying i dont know how the procede works and what it intercepts/manipulates so it may not even be possible to do what i am suggesting...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
techforge
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

There's a thread around here somewhere that discusses resetting the transmission by holding the pedal to the floor with the engine off. The conclusion was that it does nothing and the dealer confirmed there's no reset on the tranny. Doesn't look like it can be done, or that the tranny even has adaptive capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
munters
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

It exists and it works. You can hear it and you get a limp after it sometimes.
The tranny shifts different afterwords.
      10-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

i believe it exists. i do it almost every 3 days and i can definitely feel the difference.

dunno about limp modes though...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I don't believe it works. I tried the alleged gas pedal reset and it did nothing for me. Wish i could say differently, but nope--nada.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

after you floor the car with accessories on for 30 secs, what do you do? switch it off and on?

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

the tranny in D mode is adaptive. how to reset it i'm unsure about. i've tried the pedal to the floor thing for 30sec before as well and couldn't tell a difference but i'll give it another shot next time i get in the car and see

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0