E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Opinion on this used 328i Wagon

05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
fl335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Opinion on this used 328i Wagon

Ok, need some input on this CPO I'm on the fence about buying for my wife. Here is the skinny.

Car: 2007 328i Wagon with 44,500 miles. Auto trans, no paddle shifters. White on Tan. Real leather. HID's. Auto dimming rear view mirror, blue tooth, adaptive cruise, auto wipers, dual power seats with the upgraded lumber adjuster and panoramic roof! ... well equiped. Price of $25,981. Book value is $23,760 as a CPO with all the options.

Items of concern:
1- Upon cold start I could hear the engine had a ticking noise. Sounded like valve tick or a stuck lifter. After driving the car I listened again and the engine was smooth as butter. Engine drove perfect. Pulled great, idled perfect. EDIT: Found a TSB online for this. It's air in the lifters. The TSB basically says Rev the engine in neutral for a few minutes. More research shows BMW has a re-designed cylinder head that will fix this issue. You have to press the dealers to do it. So I want the new cylinder head or no deal.

2- Interior creeked alot. just overall a creeeky interior. Is this normal? the car was in great shape, very clean, no dings, hardley anything at all. Looked new. But when driving it down the road it creaked. My E90 does not do this. B/c it's a wagon with the panoramic roof maybe?

3- Brakes. Rotors looked rough. I want new brakes.

4- Previous owner installed a "clear bra" on the front end and hood front section. It's in good condition but it looks tacky. I'd like it removed. I don't believe I should have to remove aftermarket items from a CPO and risk paint damage on my watch. I'd like for the dealer to remove it so if any paint damage occurs it's on them as it should be... it's a CPO, not a modified camaro I'm buying out of the paper.

5- I looked at the carfax. Vehicle is strictly a FL car. Bought in Miami. Issue that raised a red flag for me was this vehicle has had 2 owners!!! I'm not sure how it's a CPO??

What do you guys think about this deal? Obviously they are over priced right off the bat by about $2,200.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, Macht Schnell Downpipes, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by fl335i; 05-05-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

FYI

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13504

needs to be fixed under warranty
this is one of the known design flaws.

adaptive cruise is very expensive to fix if it goes bad.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
fl335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

yeah... if they don't agree to do the new cylinder head, no deal.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, Macht Schnell Downpipes, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.
Appreciate 0