E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Radar Hardwire with Ignition - E90

06-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
sum1else
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi Coupe 6M

Radar Hardwire with Ignition - E90

Today I hooked up my radar detector using a hard-wired connection that turns on and off with the car's ignition sequence.
I can't provide a full write up, but I will provide the general idea of it... I hope that it can help someone.

1. Open up the car's fusebox in the glove box
2. Connect the + wire that you will use to fuse #30. This is the fuse for the cigarette lighter which we already know turns on and off with the ignition (or accessory mode).
3. Run the wire to wherever you prefer your Radar Detector (I believe Higher is better). I ran mine to the Sunroof area and removed the light panel.
4. Locate a local ground wire. Since mine was in the sunroof, I used the bolt located to the left of the sunroof motor controller.
5. Connect it to your radar detector's power feed!

This is no different than any other write up except that it utilizes a specific fuse in the box that will allow you to have the unit turn itself on and off without ever having to worry about it!

Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
1badE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue w/ Sports Package

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
On the card that shows what all the fuses are for I used the one labled with open and closed circuit pic. That turns on and off with ignition.
Appreciate 0