E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Interesting issue with Xdelete

05-12-2024, 02:29 AM   #1
BlackCatXIII
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335XI

Interesting issue with Xdelete

I’ve been having this weird issue with X-delete recently and I was wondering if anyone could shine some light onto what I’m experiencing.

I’ve had X-delete on my 2009 335xi for about 3 months now and for daily driving and even spiriting driving, its been loads of fun. The issue i’ve come across though is that under wot, specifically around the 5-6k rpm range, the back tires start to feel like they’re stuttering. It feels very similar to when you have xdrive enabled and tire sizes that are not within the 1% rolling diameter.

I got X-delete for that very same reason, new tires/rims that shouldve been fine on the transfer case but ended up causing an issue. This isn’t something that bothers me all that much but I would like to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

The tire and rim combo is as follows
Alzor style 030 staggered (18x8 Front, 18x9 Rear)
Michelin pilot sport all season 4 (225/40/18 front, 255/35/18 rear)
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 02:59 PM   #2
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
I’ve been having this weird issue with X-delete recently and I was wondering if anyone could shine some light onto what I’m experiencing.

I’ve had X-delete on my 2009 335xi for about 3 months now and for daily driving and even spiriting driving, its been loads of fun. The issue i’ve come across though is that under wot, specifically around the 5-6k rpm range, the back tires start to feel like they’re stuttering. It feels very similar to when you have xdrive enabled and tire sizes that are not within the 1% rolling diameter.

I got X-delete for that very same reason, new tires/rims that shouldve been fine on the transfer case but ended up causing an issue. This isn’t something that bothers me all that much but I would like to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

The tire and rim combo is as follows
Alzor style 030 staggered (18x8 Front, 18x9 Rear)
Michelin pilot sport all season 4 (225/40/18 front, 255/35/18 rear)
Do you have traction control on?
Appreciate 0