E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DSC coding issues at Dealer...

09-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
jozza66
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335dx

DSC coding issues at Dealer...

Hi All, My 335i has suffered the dreaded DSC/ABS/DBC failure.

The dealer hasn't been able to code the DSC module due to my retrofitted CIC. In order to code the car therefore, the CCC needs to be dropped back in so that everything can be "seen"

The question is, is it good enough just to reconnect the CCC or do I need to re-instate the old CCC screen too? I hope the answer is just the CCC!!!

Thanks

John
Current car: F31 335d - NBT EVO ID6 retrofit, 3AG retrofit, Coded EBT, Deleted RFTs!!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Complete CCC needs to go in.
Bmw upgrade system is pathetic and requires all the factory fitted parts.
If your car is under warranty, then worth of going to the dealer otherwise go to your indy.
      09-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

I have the same problem with the simple install of a Dension 500s which installs on the optical loop. As I understand it, the BMW equipment scans the loop & if it finds anything wrong, or sees anything it doesn't expect, then it simply stops & won't proceed until the problem (or what it sees as a problem) is fixed.

Autologic on the other hand scans everything & accepts whatever is there & only complains if there's a real problem.

It's ridiculous that simple add ons can cause the BMW system such problems & customers such big headaches
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
jozza66
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Damn... Let's hope I can persuade Sytner to let me go and swap out the CIC screen myself!! I think they're going to be v confused.

Annoyed with myself, as completely forgot the hydro unit would be replaced with ECU and all.

Thanks both, will call them first thing Monday and try for an hours "alone time" with the car!!!

Last edited by jozza66; 09-21-2013 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Spelling!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
oliyaoe93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i LCI e93

What would happen if i were to come across such problems after i install cic from a non idrive system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Complete CCC needs to go in.
Bmw upgrade system is pathetic and requires all the factory fitted parts.
If your car is under warranty, then worth of going to the dealer otherwise go to your indy.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliyaoe93 View Post
What would happen if i were to come across such problems after i install cic from a non idrive system?
You put your radio back.
Or take the car to local indy.

BMW can't refused your claim as CIC was installed.
      09-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

So don't flog your old bits

If I have the Business Nav upgraded to Pro would it just be a matter of slotting the the Pro radio unit out & slotting the old Business back, or would ALL the parts need to be reverted back to original?

The Vauxhall system was similarly painful, the clock in the car could only be adjusted via the OE radio, so twice a year, when the clocks changed, I had to swap back, just to set the clock
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
jozza66
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Wise words, and fortunately the old kit has been lying in a box int he cupboard, heading to Sytner first thing, for what I hope will be a world record breaking time for CIC to CCC downgrade
Current car: F31 335d - NBT EVO ID6 retrofit, 3AG retrofit, Coded EBT, Deleted RFTs!!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
So don't flog your old bits

If I have the Business Nav upgraded to Pro would it just be a matter of slotting the the Pro radio unit out & slotting the old Business back, or would ALL the parts need to be reverted back to original?

The Vauxhall system was similarly painful, the clock in the car could only be adjusted via the OE radio, so twice a year, when the clocks changed, I had to swap back, just to set the clock
Ok, there is a lot of confusion around it.
Answer according to my best knowledge.

Upgrade:
1- business CCC ---> Professional CCC = you can have permanent changes to your car's specs as BMW support that as a retrofit kit.
2- business CIC ---> Professional CIC = same as above.
3- business / professional CCC ----> business / professional CIC= You will have to put the original stuff back as dealer may not be able to code single module. However their advance technicians (in Germany) can do it over the internet.
4- Radio ---> CIC retrofit = Best to put the radio back in if its going for flashing and coding. If its just a routine service, then there is no need to put the original radio in.

HTH.
      09-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:

Upgrade:
1- business CCC ---> Professional CCC = you can have permanent changes to your car's specs as BMW support that as a retrofit kit.
3- business / professional CCC ----> business / professional CIC= You will have to put the original stuff back as dealer may not be able to code single module. However their advance technicians (in Germany) can do it over the internet.
4- Radio ---> CIC retrofit = Best to put the radio back in if its going for flashing and coding. If its just a routine service, then there is no need to put the original radio in.

HTH.
Cheers Sam, I'm still very tempted by the Pro Nav upgrade but that gives me something to think about - the thought of stripping it all out & reverting back just because BMW can't scan the system with anything none original fitted is a bit worrying
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100
Quote:

Upgrade:

HTH.
Cheers Sam, I'm still very tempted by the Pro Nav upgrade but that gives me something to think about - the thought of stripping it all out & reverting back just because BMW can't scan the system with anything none original fitted is a bit worrying
You don't have to as you come under the category of retrofit kit.
Your car will be coded to show that professional navigation was fitted in your car.
However if you are over cautious, then you don't go for the upgrade or if you do, then keep your original navigation with you.
      09-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:

Upgrade:

2- business CIC ---> Professional CIC = you can have permanent changes to your car's specs as BMW support that as a retrofit kit..
HTH.
Having read your post again I'm thinking the upgrade options aren't quite so bleak. My car is fitted with:

S606A: NAVIGATION SYSTEM BUSINESS
S612A: BMW ASSIST
S615A: EXTENDED BMW ONLINE INFORMATION
S616A: BMW ONLINE
S633A: PREPARATION, MOBILE PHONE, BUSINESS
S694A: PROVISIONS FOR BMW 6 CD CHANGER
S698A: AREA-CODE 2 FOR DVD
S6AAA: BMW TELESERVICES
S6ABA: CONTROL, TELESERVICES
S6VCA: CONTROL, COMBOX

I'm guessing that my Sat Nav must be "Business CIC" so '2' above should apply, so does that mean that if I upgrade to Pro the BMW system will just ignore it?

Can I also have connected drive services etc just the same?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:
You don't have to as you come under the category of retrofit kit.
Your car will be coded to show that professional navigation was fitted in your car.
However if you are over cautious, then you don't go for the upgrade or if you do, then keep your original navigation with you.
Cheers, posts just crossed.

I'm definitely in the market for an upgrade them - I'd just hang onto the business stuff, just in case, cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

If you have working internet, then just adding a CIC into your car.
Experienced person will take out the business nav out of your car settings and save professional navigation into the car settings.
HTH.
      09-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #15
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

Quote:
If you have working internet, then just adding a CIC into your car.
Experienced person will take out the business nav out of your car settings and save professional navigation into the car settings.
HTH.
Cheers, finding experienced person round the North West is easier said than done

pm sent
Appreciate 0