E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dealing with the Service Dept at dealer

09-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
wizoneway
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Dealing with the Service Dept at dealer

n54 90k miles had an oil leak. The leak is not easily discernible I take the car in on Monday and they tell me its from turbo drain line. I specifically ask them to rule out back of VCG, RMS and Oil Pan. They tell me NO on those.
I take out a 2nd mortgage and replace turbos. I get the car back on Friday and drive the car maybe 30 miles over the weekend. Sunday oil on the old cardboard. Drop the car off Monday. They have it all day and call up and say, well we dont know. it could be RMS or oil pan. I ask if they ran a dye and the SA didnt know if they did it the first time or 2nd time. They are keeping the car overnight b/c the car does did not 'leak' while they ran it for an hour, even though the shield is covered and there are drips off the center bolt of the pan.

What would you do?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

In the future no dealer.

For now, keep fighting the good fight. Replacing parts that weren't defective based on an incorrect diagnosis is bad practice and you still have a problem.

Get as much money back as you can having them think you'll still keep the car there. When you get some money back leave and never look back.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
Gohan335i7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 335i  [10.00]
Holy... Dude... Yes, get whatever money you can back from them. Then, go to Bimmer shops dot com. Look for Indy's in your area. The dealership is known around here as the Stealership. They will Rob you blind. Stealerships are notorious 4 starting problems that weren't there to begin with,& replacing wrong parts , disorganization, disinformation to the customers. F em! Find a reputable Indy. Look at reviews and pick which was be you feel most comfy with. Best of luck !!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #4
wizoneway
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Sadly, my main Indy guy basically said he didnt want to do the job and gave me a shoddy quote.
Even more Sadly, a friend recommendation for the 2nd Indy shop was hurt when i told them that i had 2 other quotes and was looking for a third. they never called me back. This was after I told them i will gladly pay the $100 diagnosis fee if they came in cheaper.
Appreciate 0