E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Raced a Jeep SRT8 uphill at 4500 ft. from 0-100.

04-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #45
Davereno
Rep
Drives: 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8

An E92 owner calling another car ugly!

i jest
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #46
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
An E92 owner calling another car ugly!

i jest
You're being sarcastic (with the little "I jest"), right? I mean you can't possible infer that the E92 is ugly when you're driving that big "box," can you?

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #47
Davereno
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
You're being sarcastic (with the little "I jest"), right? I mean you can't possible infer that the E92 is ugly when you're driving that big "box," can you?
I'll give you that the bangled 3 series looks better in person than in pictures but its far from e46 good looks. Of course thats all subjective.

Would you be interested in running a GC SRT8? Im sure theres a few guys on our boards in your area that wouldn't mind showing you some taillights.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #48
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
I'll give you that the bangled 3 series looks better in person than in pictures but its far from e46 good looks. Of course thats all subjective.

Would you be interested in running a GC SRT8? Im sure theres a few guys on our boards in your area that wouldn't mind showing you some taillights.
Here' some tail lights for you Dave! 335i is stock.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...64482729587715

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45402542736679

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77030655671554

It's bye bye SRT8
      04-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #49
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSrt-8 View Post
You Guys Never Cease To Amaze Me. Line Up With Me Any STOCK 335i And I Will Beat It Even In The High End These Jeeps Do Speeds In Excess Of 165 Mph(I Have A Picture To Prove It. And I Am Sorry i Will Have To Call Bullshit To That One The 300SRT8 Pulls A C6 Corvette Anywhere Over 100Mph. Proceded Or Not No 335i Will WALK AWAY From Any Stock SRT8... Maybe It Will Beat It By A SLIGHT Margin But No More... Also The Fact That They Might Not Have Downshifted Plays A Crucial Role As Well the PCM's On The SRT8 Have Spots Where They Wont Downshift Unless AutoStick Is Used...
. First of all, proper punctuation and grammar are great things, try focusing some energy on it. Second, any time you'd like to test the 'The 300SRT8 Pulls A C6 Corvette Anywhere Over 100Mph. " theory just let me know, I'm your huckleberry.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #50
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

<3 sarge.

btw, i saw a youtube video of a Z06 going around the atlanta driver's school track (RA i think), OMG!!

the sounds coming from that car were amazing and the power looked incredible. thats my new dream track car!!

edit: i know yours isnt a zo6, but it is probably getting close with all your mods
      04-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #51
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralRedPlz View Post
... i know yours isnt a zo6, but it is probably getting close with all your mods
who knows, by this summer it may be looking at my back lights.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #52
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Funny, b/c I DON'T see any "bangled" stuff on my car...do you? And, btw -- yes, that would be fine, except you should know that here in my area of S. FL (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach), we really don't see any of those Jeep SRT8s...people with $$ and brains around here mostly drive BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. Maybe Reno, NV has a larger demographic for the Chrysler/Jeep SRT-8s??? In addition, as I already said b4 in my very long post on page 2 of this thread..."been there, done that," except it was my non-bangled tail lights the guy in the 300C SRT-8 was staring at...from a good distance I might add.
Attached Images

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 04-06-2007 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #53
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

that color is much hotter than the black imo. it still lets all the lines standout.
      04-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #54
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralRedPlz View Post
that color is much hotter than the black imo. it still lets all the lines standout.
I agree. SG is always a great choice.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #55
Davereno
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
All of the magazine tests have the SRT8 ahead as do real world track times. One guy beating his brothers SRT8 hardly negates this.

Again, PM me when your 335 arrives and is broken in.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #56
Davereno
Rep

Quote:
Funny, b/c I DON'T see any "bangled" stuff on my car...do you?
A sad day indeed when a Jeep guy knows more about BMW than a BMW enthusiast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Bangle

Quote:
And, btw -- yes, that would be fine, except you should know that here in my area of S. FL (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach), we really don't see any of those Jeep SRT8s...people with $$ and brains around here mostly drive BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lexus, Infiniti, etc.
Oh? Why would that be? Certainly not reliability . Perhaps an attempt to compensate for something with a brand name? As I said previously, there are a number of guys with GC SRT8s living in "South Florida". Which is it by the way? Miami, Ft Lauderdale, or Palm Beach? A quick look at the Jeep board reveals that many SRT8 owners also own AMG and M vehicles. I guess they too don't have any brains to go with their money?

Quote:
Maybe Reno, NV has a larger demographic for the Chrysler/Jeep SRT-8s???
What exactly are you trying to insinuate here?

Quote:
In addition, as I already said b4 in my very long post on page 2 of this thread..."been there, done that," except it was my non-bangled tail lights the guy in the 300C SRT-8 was staring at...from a good distance I might add.
In addition, as I already said b4 in my very curt post on page 2 of this thread, if you would like to run a Grand Cherokee SRT8 it can be arranged. That is precious that you claim you beat a 300 SRT8 though.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #57
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Oh? Why would that be? Certainly not reliability . Perhaps an attempt to compensate for something with a brand name? As I said previously, there are a number of guys with GC SRT8s living in "South Florida". Which is it by the way? Miami, Ft Lauderdale, or Palm Beach? A quick look at the Jeep board reveals that many SRT8 owners also own AMG and M vehicles. I guess they too don't have any brains to go with their money?

In addition, as I already said b4 in my very curt post on page 2 of this thread, if you would like to run a Grand Cherokee SRT8 it can be arranged. That is precious that you claim you beat a 300 SRT8 though.

I know exactly who Chris bangle is, you moron, but thanks for the link. I was merely trying to show that the E92 335i Coupe doesn't have the "bangled" lines of the Sedan (I agree that the Sedan "bangle" look isn't the best but that's imho)...that's why I added my pics. As far as "racing" a S. FL Jeep, I don't "meet up" with ppl "to race;" I'm not exactly an inexperienced and unwise kid who just got his license last year. However, should I happen to encounter one in my area, I'm sure a friendly challenge could be arranged at the right time and place...I'll be sure to keep my eye out for a Jeep GC SRT-8. I know, its like a friggin BUS...you can't exactly miss it.

Also, what part of my post did you not understand about how a PROcede-equipped 335i has almost 400BHP and ~ 450 lb.-ft. TQ AND weighs > 650 lbs. LESS than the 300C SRT-8? OMG!!!!...I just looked it up...the Jeep GC weighs 4,819 lbs.!!!! That means the 335i weighs > 1,219 lbs. LESS than your POS Jeep GC SRT-8!!!!! And, you really think that it can still beat a PROcede-equipped 335i? What drugs are you on, pal?

One last thing...with gas prices approaching $3.00 again, how does it feel to drive a POS BUS that gets 12mpg City and 15mpg Hwy (and that's mfgr ratings when driving "easy" like an old fart)?????? Being the RACER you are, you must get 9mpg in the city and 12mpg on the Highway!!!! My brother used to have a Hummer H2 that got better mileage than that!!

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/jeep...974/specs.html

btw -- I'll be sure to let you know when I have another run with that same guy in that same 300C SRT-8...I think he lives in my area as we both got off the same exit that day.

Last edited by sflgator; 04-06-2007 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #58
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

I just passed an SRT8 on the road today. Those things are pretty sweet looking for a Jeep.
      04-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #59
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

Quote:

who are you

compensating for something with a brand name?!?!?!?.....what are you trying to insinuate.....dooooood....you're a walking discombobulation...first things first, your srt-8 is a sugar-coated piece of chit...sry(the engine being the sugar, everything else the chit )......having test driven one and minutes from purchasing it, i can and will say something about the JGC SRT-8....while the engine may be a success and hardly something to sneer at, the rest of the car is poorely organized and constructed.....the interior reminds of me of a tonka trunk i used to zoom around in as a kid...........the maneuvarability decent, but hardly impressive.......and the solidity of the car is laughable, as is the reliability of the jeep line in general..........you succeeded in getting bang for your buck, but, to be frank and concise, your JGC SRT-8 and attitude epitomize failure

and to put things to rest....
imo,
any EXX post E46 has been bangled
but to those of you that are still too fast, too furious....my stock m3 easily outruns a JGC SRT-8 and i ensure you that a proceded 335i will walk me.....do the rest of the math

Last edited by E(@M#; 04-07-2007 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #60
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
All of the magazine tests have the SRT8 ahead as do real world track times. One guy beating his brothers SRT8 hardly negates this.

Again, PM me when your 335 arrives and is broken in.
SRT8 http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...9/pageId=67450

SRT8 http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2527a.shtml

335i http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do.../pageId=105658

335i http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2624b.shtml

Dave, as you can see from the links above, the 335i is the faster car. The Jeep is quick, no doubt. Especially off the line. But by the time the quarter mile rolls around, the BMW is far ahead. And this is at sea level. At your elevation, the 6.1 V8 essentially becomes a 5.2 V8 putting out 365hp. This simply won't be a challenge to a twin-turbo 335i. And if it has a PROceed, You'll need a supercharger to keep up.
      04-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #61
Davereno
Rep

Quote:
I know exactly who Chris bangle is, you moron, but thanks for the link. I was merely trying to show that the E92 335i Coupe doesn't have the "bangled" lines of the Sedan (I agree that the Sedan "bangle" look isn't the best but that's imho)...that's why I added my pics. As far as "racing" a S. FL Jeep, I don't "meet up" with ppl "to race;" I'm not exactly an inexperienced and unwise kid who just got his license last year. However, should I happen to encounter one in my area, I'm sure a friendly challenge could be arranged at the right time and place...I'll be sure to keep my eye out for a Jeep GC SRT-8. I know, its like a friggin BUS...you can't exactly miss it.
You won't race if its arranged (where a safe location could be agreed upon) but you'll race if some guy in a quick car passes you on the freeway? Yea, you're much more mature than I am, kid.

Quote:
Also, what part of my post did you not understand about how a PROcede-equipped 335i has almost 400BHP and ~ 450 lb.-ft. TQ
Oh? Vishnu claims 360hp on pump gas. Pretty close to 400hp!

Quote:
AND weighs > 650 lbs. LESS than the 300C SRT-8?
And? As I said earlier a proceeded 335 may edge out an SRT8 through the quarter but it certainly wouldn't walk one with a competent driver. Again, what sort of times are proceeded 335s posting? Vishnu claims a 12.8 (though I'd imagine thats for the race gas map), a time that while quicker than what most SRT8s post stock, has been hit by a handful.

Quote:
OMG!!!!...I just looked it up...the Jeep GC weighs 4,819 lbs.!!!!
Yes thats the price of AWD, cargo room, and a useable backseat.
Quote:

That means the 335i weighs > 1,219 lbs. LESS than your POS Jeep GC SRT-8!!!!!
POS? My "POS" will likely be in the shop fewer times than your 335. Regardless, gearing and AWD make up for this added mass as evidenced by magazine tests as well as times owners regularly acheive. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is quicker than a stock 335. Period.

Quote:
And, you really think that it can still beat a PROcede-equipped 335i? What drugs are you on, pal?
Is that what I said? No, it's not. Again, what times are proceeded 335s posting at the strip? Its likely I could beat a proceeded 335 on the street. No sweat off my back if I don't.

Quote:
One last thing...with gas prices approaching $3.00 again, how does it feel to drive a POS BUS that gets 12mpg City and 15mpg Hwy (and that's mfgr ratings when driving "easy" like an old fart)??????
Everything has its price. Armed with the knowledge that I can smoke 90% of the cars I come across on a daily basis while hauling four of my friends and their shit through inclement weather makes the extra 15$ per week in gas inconsequential to me.

Quote:
btw -- I'll be sure to let you know when I have another run with that same guy in that same 300C SRT-8...I think he lives in my area as we both got off the same exit that day.
Sure. Let me know when you have a run in with a stock Grand SRT8 too. Heaven forbid you cross a modded one.

Last edited by Davereno; 04-07-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #62
Davereno
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
SRT8 http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...9/pageId=67450

SRT8 http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2527a.shtml

335i http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do.../pageId=105658

335i http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2624b.shtml

Dave, as you can see from the links above, the 335i is the faster car. The Jeep is quick, no doubt. Especially off the line. But by the time the quarter mile rolls around, the BMW is far ahead. And this is at sea level. At your elevation, the 6.1 V8 essentially becomes a 5.2 V8 putting out 365hp. This simply won't be a challenge to a twin-turbo 335i. And if it has a PROceed, You'll need a supercharger to keep up.
the mpt link you posted has the grand quicker through the quarter.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=3
Quote:
0–60 mph 4.6 sec
0–1320 ft (1/4 mile) 13.2 sec @ 104.1 mph
http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=7327735662963

Quote:
STANDING-START ACCELERATION
0-60 mph: 4.70 sec
0-quarter-mile: 13.36 sec @ 102.5 mph
car and driver posted a 13.2 as well but its not available online.

Have any magazines ever posted times as quick as these with a stock 335? Anyone in the wild done better? Keep in mind in the wild Grand SRT8s have posted times as low as 12.8s and quite a few have done 13.0s.

I agree with the comment about elevation but I'm still up for a friendly run or two.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 12:40 AM   #63
Davereno
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E(@M# View Post
who are you

compensating for something with a brand name?!?!?!?.....what are you trying to insinuate.....dooooood....you're a walking discombobulation...first things first, your srt-8 is a sugar-coated piece of chit...sry(the engine being the sugar, everything else the chit )......having test driven one and minutes from purchasing it, i can and will say something about the JGC SRT-8....while the engine may be a success and hardly something to sneer at, the rest of the car is poorely organized and constructed.....the interior reminds of me of a tonka trunk i used to zoom around in as a kid...........the maneuvarability decent, but hardly impressive.......and the solidity of the car is laughable, as is the reliability of the jeep line in general..........you succeeded in getting bang for your buck, but, to be frank and concise, your JGC SRT-8 and attitude epitomize failure

and to put things to rest....
imo,
any EXX post E46 has been bangled
but to those of you that are still too fast, too furious....my stock m3 easily outruns a JGC SRT-8 and i ensure you that a proceded 335i will walk me.....do the rest of the math
Sounds like I cut pretty deep. The interior of the Grand SRT8 is pretty terrible. Hilarious that someone on a 335 board would bash anything for reliability. Solidity? The chassis is extremely stiff. Decent but hardly impressive manueverability? What would you call the 335 then? While road holding is hardly the definitive measurement of handling, the Grand SRT8 has posted superior skid pad numbers. Ouch.

As far as a stock E46 M3 beating a Grand SRT8 in a straight line? Hah.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #64
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

^^^cut pretty deep?...that was funny, in all seriousness....but, you think too highly of yourself as well as your car......selective reading ftl....www.dragtimes.com provides raw, real-world numbers....i have posted a 13.06 at 107.2 at a drag strip before, faster than any stock and slightly modded SRT-8....as a whole, bmw's are more reliable than jeep's but to each his own

when comparing an s.u.v. to a coupe in regards to performance....the comparison does become rather elementary

and your car's handling is weak....i would love to see what numbers our respective cars would post on a track, a more definitive measurement of handling
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #65
gashero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i A22 sedan streptronic

DAVE amd Socalsrt8, why are you guy/gal here on this forum. why don't you go back to your forum and start trouble there. The ignorance and attitude in your posts prove nothing but more hatred for your "kind". True from a dig those 1/4 time might prove faster since you have awd and able to hook up better. But what the point of getting a heavy fast truck that can't do what it was meant to do and that is towing(where does the tow hitch go?) and off road off road capability(ground clearance?). Must be a POS then.
And let not talk about racing on a true with more than right hand turn track either since that boat of yours will "capside" quickly.
      04-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #66
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Don't we have enough of our own trolls? Why do we need strays??
Appreciate 0