E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Teenager steals Air Jordans in Craigslist robbery and has his arm severed in horrific

02-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #67
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Lmao. What lily white neighborhood are you from? Obviously you never lived in the hood. Growing up in Newark I can tell you that some of these kids had parents that needed some serious parenting. And I should say parent because the most fucked up kids usually came from a single parent household or were raised by grandparents.
This is not a dick swinging contest come on man. To generalize and say that parents that live in the hood don't teach their kids right from wrong is highly idiotic, and is a slap in the face to your peers from the hood.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 12:49 AM   #68
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

I think Jordan Brand should take some blame with their ridiculous prices. Jordan 4 that released this weekend was $220. Just Don Jordan 2 Beach was $650. Jordan 1 Pinnacle were $400 etc. Prices are getting insane for Jordans. It's to the point, where most kids can't afford this stuff and they do stupid things to get these kicks as a status symbol, post on social media etc. I couldn't buy Jordans until I had job in high school. It's sad in America, people feel entitled to get things one way or another instead of earning it the honest way by working for it.
      02-15-2016, 07:14 AM   #69
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
This is not a dick swinging contest come on man. To generalize and say that parents that live in the hood don't teach their kids right from wrong is highly idiotic, and is a slap in the face to your peers from the hood.
Because MANY of them don't. Having lived there form age 7 till 16 I can attest to that. I already outlined the major factors to why that is.. Many of these kids come from broken homes. When I was in elementary school/JR HS, they would lump most of the bad kids in one or two classes.. The kids that could learn and do well would then be put in a "TOP" class. Yes some of these so-called parents really did not teach their kids right from wrong because a.) they where either not around b.) they are not better than their kids. OBVIOUSLY this was not every parent, but in the context of this thread the kid trying to steal the sneakers would fit the above profile.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 07:29 AM   #70
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
here is my point of view:

these delinquent teenagers need to be taught a lesson. You want something, get a job and pay for it. Looking to rob people at gunpoint for jewelry, sneakers or jackets or whatever item must deal with consequences. No1 deserves to die over an item. The kid survive the incident. Now he wont get picked to play basketball with runover jordans lol.

would it been different if he tried carjacking an expensive car, and got ran over?

not every1 will sit back and let scumbag run away with their possessions.

Last edited by nyalpine90; 02-15-2016 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #71
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks like the driver did a good job dis arming that perp.
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2016, 08:00 AM   #72
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Looks like the driver did a good job dis arming that perp.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #73
cays
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Germans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
here is my point of view:

these delinquent teenagers need to be taught a lesson. You want something, get a job and pay for it. Looking to rob people at gunpoint for jewelry, sneakers or jackets or whatever item must deal with consequences. No1 deserves to die over an item. The kid survive the incident. Now he wont get picked to play basketball with runover jordans lol.

would it been different if he tried carjacking an expensive car, and got ran over?

not every1 will sit back and let scumbag run away with their possessions.
A high school friend of mine worked about 20 hours a week in his parents' store, mostly in the later evening hours and would frequently lock up. One night he was held up at gunpoint while closing. The robber literally put the gun barrel against his nose, between his eyes while holding his finger on the trigger. Reading more about this current case it does appear the victim went too far but as far as I'm concerned, in general, when someone points a gun at you all bets are off. Nothing is off the table when it comes to neutralizing this kind of threat.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #74
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Interesting comments...
      02-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #75
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
I think Jordan Brand should take some blame with their ridiculous prices. Jordan 4 that released this weekend was $220. Just Don Jordan 2 Beach was $650. Jordan 1 Pinnacle were $400 etc. Prices are getting insane for Jordans. It's to the point, where most kids can't afford this stuff and they do stupid things to get these kicks as a status symbol, post on social media etc. I couldn't buy Jordans until I had job in high school. It's sad in America, people feel entitled to get things one way or another instead of earning it the honest way by working for it.
Your first and last sentences seem to contradict each other a bit.
      02-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #76
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
That's why I said Jordan Brand deserves some of the blame. Ultimately the teen made a dumb and dangerous decision because he wanted it. The driver did the same and he's probably going to be in a lot of trouble for it.
      02-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #77
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

All of this over the Jordan 8 Aquas? Man I couldn't stand those shoes even when they came out. Now, if this had been over the Jordan 4 Cements with "Nike Air" on the back, I could understand it. Picked up three pairs in SZ 15 this past weekend, they're my favorite shoes of all time and now I'm set for 10 years at least. I still have my original pair from 1989 when I was in grade school!

Getting your arm ripped off for a pair of 8s? C'mon now!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 10:57 PM   #78
Bkborn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW BMW M3

People just need to stop meeting on the streets to purchase sneakers or anything else for that matter. the seller never heard of UPS, USPS, or FED EX. I heard to many stories/nightmares about Craigslist, so I just stick to Ebay. I understand some things cannot be shipped without costing a fortune like cars etc. Pick a safe place to meet like in front of a Police station.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #79
Navy Doc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e93

Unfortunate incident. I agree that the kid is a scumbag POS and deserves to be punished............... but to the extent of losing his arm. Seems steep.

Phil, on the other hand is in for a long ride along with his family. His "self defense" defense unfortunately probably won't hold up. You can clearly see in the video that the immediate threat had past. Now he will go to court. Spend thousands of dollars. His family will suffer. He will suffer. If convicted will probably spend some time in prison and have a felony record.

Can't see any good outcome from any of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #80
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
No. What's sad is how much of American Society places so much emphasis on items like this.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #81
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
That's why I said Jordan Brand deserves some of the blame. Ultimately the teen made a dumb and dangerous decision because he wanted it. The driver did the same and he's probably going to be in a lot of trouble for it.
I find it contradictory to cite the brand as bearing some responsibility and then cite the sense of entitlement present in the population. Are you saying brands / companies shouldn't design or manufacture products people find desirable unless everyone can afford them because people justifiably have a sense of entitlement? I disagree the brand bears any responsibility for a kid that decided to rob something at gunpoint or the seller that decided to rip the kids arm off after the robbery. They are the only two people responsible for their respective actions.
      02-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #82
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
back in 2010 i was on vacation in florida, first night i went to strip joint with a friend. Walking back to the rental, blue mustang convertible pop the trunk open to get my gps. A car pulls up behind me ask me for directions, still looking thru trunk. So I turned around and theres revolver pointing at me asking me for my wallet. 3 guys in honda accord teal green with beige interior, maybe 91 or 92 model. All I remember was running towards drivers door..and for few seconds i was in rage. i heard them say lets go.. for a second i went after them since i watch where they went. I was alone.
But then i broke down , i couldve been shot and no1 wouldve known anything. i had about 1500 cash...plus another 3k or 4k in bank. I work hard to treat myself to a vacation and lose it all..no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cays View Post
A high school friend of mine worked about 20 hours a week in his parents' store, mostly in the later evening hours and would frequently lock up. One night he was held up at gunpoint while closing. The robber literally put the gun barrel against his nose, between his eyes while holding his finger on the trigger. Reading more about this current case it does appear the victim went too far but as far as I'm concerned, in general, when someone points a gun at you all bets are off. Nothing is off the table when it comes to neutralizing this kind of threat.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:04 AM   #83
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I don't know about those Jordans but....

Does anyone have a connect for the re release of the Yeezys on Friday?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #84
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

I expected some sort of middle-eastern you steal you lose your arm type story.

It's a bloody shame stories like this even exist. People, come on.

Kid steals sneakers at gun point = ridiculous

Seller runs over teen = ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:36 AM   #85
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

I laughed at this.

I am unashamed.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #86
dragonsi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Street justice is the best justice
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #87
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Damn Jordans always costing an arm or a leg.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #88
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Lmao. What lily white neighborhood are you from? Obviously you never lived in the hood. Growing up in Newark I can tell you that some of these kids had parents that needed some serious parenting. And I should say parent because the most fucked up kids usually came from a single parent household or were raised by grandparents. Some of these people have the IQ of a fucking hamster and a seriously fucked up. I mean fucked up to the point where rehabilitation is impossible. They are just so damn stupid that they are nearly incapable of being educated.
lol harsh.