E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 325xi - Should I grab these wheels?

02-09-2022, 10:21 PM   #1
Kees2mabimma
Rep
Drives: E34 540i6, E91 325xi6

2006 325xi - Should I grab these wheels?

Hello! New to the E9x platform. Coming from an E34. Let me just state that I know absolutely nothing about wheels and tires. I’ve tried to watch videos and read, but after hours and hours, for some reason I still just can’t wrap my head around the different numbers and measurements. Feel free to grill me.

I have a 2006 325xiT. I live in Denver, CO so I’d like to get an extra set of wheels for winter/summer. Im open to spacers, square/staggered setups, and MAYBE fender rolling. Not open to suspension mods. I have a few questions, sorry if they are dumb.

1) I LOVE the look of 19”s on these wagons, but haven’t found a good deal on a set. Any recommendations on a 19” wheel to keep my eyes peeled for that tend to go for a decent price? I’d like to fill out the wheel arches a bit more, both vertically and horizontally. Not a fan of Mpars (had them on my E34 for a while and just not my style) or the OEM E91 wheels. Love the E9x M3 Comp wheels but they are out of my price range. Also love style 42’s but have only seen them in 17”s. The picture attached is what I really really like.

2) I’ve never had to deal with winter tires before. If my winter tires are 17” and my summer tires are 19”, would it be ok to swap between them without changing ANYTHING? I.e. would I need to change any suspension components, or can I just remove and replace between the sets each season?

3) I came across these today, and am wondering if a) it’s a decent deal (snow tires seem to have a lot of life left in them) and b) if these measurements would be acceptable/comfortable/look decent. I’d like to get them finished in a gun metal grey color. I understand they won’t fill out the arches like I want, but maybe I could use them as a winter set? I’ve read a narrower tire is better for the snow, so maybe this 17” set would be a good winter set (tires are 215). The Craigslist post picture is the set I found for sale.

4) I’m reading this guide to find out what specs I can use without any suspension work, but it’s very vague about the wagons. It mentions LCI wagons, but nothing much about pre-LCI wagons.
(https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0