E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > New owner...

04-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
tennis_pr0
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2--7 BMW 335i coupe

New owner...

I am the new owner of a 2007 335i auto coupe. I have been reading the owners manual and getting familiar with the car and the upkeep of the car.

I want to baby this car as much as possible. I only drive about 6k miles a year, so I would like to keep this car running great for a long time. This is my first BMW, and I am not very car savvy when it comes to proper upkeep. I know oil changes, brakes, stuff like that, but is there any specific things I should know about the BMW to keep it in excellent mechanical shape for a long time?

I know when something needs to be done, the computer will alert me, but I just want to make sure there is nothing I am missing. This is a very general question so I was unsure of what to search for, if there is already a thread on this I apologize for repeating an already asked question.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
KeepitClassy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW LCI e90

Congrat!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Coils and plugs go quickly on the 335i from what I've heard and read. Also watch for high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) and water pump. I suggest buying a Bentley manual for around $100, it lists suggested maintenance intervals and has a wealth of information to arm yourself with so you don't get screwed over by the shop if you're not much of a DIYer.
Appreciate 0