E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > ModMy3 LED Review.

01-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Montego13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan

Garage List
ModMy3 LED Review.

everything works perfect completely error free on the worst car for led's 2007 e90 335 lol. I found the easiest way to do the front dome was just simply removing the clear plastic cover with small flathead screwdriver also black plastic surrounding map lights comes right off with same screwdriver just be careful when installing the two map led's and no-tape domelight you have to use a lot of push force but they do fit. The rear domelight was super easy to remove just grab the front edge pull towards you and down twist clear maplight socket and remove bulb for the rear no-tape domelight i still had to remove the clear plastic cover and here is where i f____d! up lol i pushed the dome led to hard and broke the bulb socket so now i need a new bulb socket so anybody know where i can get one or if anybody has spares part # 63258389736 let me know. If it wasnt for that this would have taken about 15mins. And the domelights at night are freaken bright(12 led at that) we need a 5 led domelight LOL. All in all great product.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montego13 View Post
everything works perfect completely error free on the worst car for led's 2007 e90 335 lol. I found the easiest way to do the front dome was just simply removing the clear plastic cover with small flathead screwdriver also black plastic surrounding map lights comes right off with same screwdriver just be careful when installing the two map led's and no-tape domelight you have to use a lot of push force but they do fit. The rear domelight was super easy to remove just grab the front edge pull towards you and down twist clear maplight socket and remove bulb for the rear no-tape domelight i still had to remove the clear plastic cover and here is where i f____d! up lol i pushed the dome led to hard and broke the bulb socket so now i need a new bulb socket so anybody know where i can get one or if anybody has spares part # 63258389736 let me know. If it wasnt for that this would have taken about 15mins. And the domelights at night are freaken bright(12 led at that) we need a 5 led domelight LOL. All in all great product.
Sad to see your selling you car. Maybe the next set of car we should do the 18 LED dome LOL!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
M BROK3
Major
Rep
Drives: F95 , G80 M3, F80 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montego13 View Post

I broke that clip too while trying to install the dome lights, the connections are just too thick, luckily I had a spare one lying around or I would've been annoyed as hell to go to dealership for such a small part.

COTM Pics Here
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
moonsin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 328xi

I almost broke mine installing too but man these LEDs are soo bright its almost blinding in pitch dark area
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ception View Post
I broke that clip too while trying to install the dome lights, the connections are just too thick, luckily I had a spare one lying around or I would've been annoyed as hell to go to dealership for such a small part.
I broke 3 of those stupid bulb sockets while trying to install the dome light, fortunately after I broke the first one, I bought 3 from the dealer!

the kit, post-install headache, does look fantastic and the price is right, even with the extra $7 or so for the broken sockets

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
M BROK3
Major
Rep
Drives: F95 , G80 M3, F80 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksi View Post
I broke 3 of those stupid bulb sockets while trying to install the dome light, fortunately after I broke the first one, I bought 3 from the dealer!

the kit, post-install headache, does look fantastic and the price is right, even with the extra $7 or so for the broken sockets
Yup those dome lights are clearly a problem and they need to address that, not everyone is willing to go to dealer and get replacement parts no matter how cheap they are lol.

COTM Pics Here
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Mariobro34
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

I broke mine as well :/
Appreciate 0