E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > IKonic Auto Garage Review

08-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Thumbs up IKonic Auto Garage Review

I'm not sure if this is goes against the 'commercial services' guidelines because its only a review but if it does, go ahead and take it down, admin.

Hey guys, I wanted to share this really top notch auto garage shop for BMW's with the rest of the forum since I know there's a hand full of you guys out there without warranty, including myself. So its essential for us to have a shop that's honest, experienced, and can meet the expectations for us picky BMW owners. IKonic Auto Garage is this very place to visit for any problems you run into with your BMW or, come to think of it, any car manufacturer. The owner of the shop, Imran, is certified by BMW so you know he's experienced and knows what he's doing.

When I moved out to the valley I needed a new mechanic since my last was all the way in Alhambra so my good friend directed me to IKonic. I've been going to these guys for the past year and if I could, I'd give them a 12 out 10 rating. Every time I've visited IKonic to fix a problem with my car they've never come to fail. Their work is always better than expected, my favorite part, besides getting your car back when they're finished, is they call you to give you updates with your car's progress. The only thing I regret is not finding this auto garage shop earlier. I don't want to keep rambling since I can go on and on so here's some other opinions on Yelp for you guys:

Winnetka:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ikonic-auto-garage-los-angeles

Silverlake:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ikonic-auto-...-los-angeles-2

IKonic has a shop located at 7624 Winnetka Ave, Unit E, Winnetka, CA 91306. However they just moved to the Silverlake area. I'm not entirely sure if they'll keep the Winnetka shop, he told me if they do they'll do simple repairs for BMWs and the rest probably Japanese imports. But I'm not entirely sure about that so if any of you decide to call them up, feel free to ask them. Even if you're living in the valley, the drive out there is well worth it because it's hard to find a shop like this out here especially. So about the shop they just opened in LA, its located at 4206 Fountain Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029. This shop is a lot larger than they're previous shop and offers multiple lifts, a waiting lounge, and the area its located is pretty cool since there's good food near by incase you're waiting a couple hours for your car to be finished.

Here's their website:

http://ikonicag.com/index.html#

And their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/IKonicAG

For the first time, actually, I just visited their LA shop and I was pretty impressed so here's some pics keep in mind they're still renovating & sorry for the iphone pics lol :

[/URL]

Last edited by Amini77; 09-04-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
TitanLH8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328xi

good to know, thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanLH8 View Post
good to know, thanks for sharing!
Glad I can help
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

I've been to Ikonic as well. Really really chill guy, he knows his stuff. He use to work for Pacific Bmw and opened his own shop now.

After purchasing my 1er, I just happened to take my car to him on that SUNDAY to do all the fluids. He looked over the car and pointed out a valve cover leak. The car had a pre warranty expire check up done at another dealer but they hadnt caught the leak which Ikonic did. At the end I was able to get Bmw NA to cover the repairs.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 02:21 AM   #5
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
I've been to Ikonic as well. Really really chill guy, he knows his stuff. He use to work for Pacific Bmw and opened his own shop now.

After purchasing my 1er, I just happened to take my car to him on that SUNDAY to do all the fluids. He looked over the car and pointed out a valve cover leak. The car had a pre warranty expire check up done at another dealer but they hadnt caught the leak which Ikonic did. At the end I was able to get Bmw NA to cover the repairs.
Dealerships tend to turn the other cheek to save themselves some money. Its a good thing Imran caught it. Nice to hear some more good reviews about Ikonic through the forum
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Did you go to New Century Automotive off Valley Blvd in Alhambra?
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90 View Post
Did you go to New Century Automotive off Valley Blvd in Alhambra?
Yeah actually I did haha
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Hate to thread jack but how were they. My station is down the street from them and see numerous Euro's and I'm looking for an honest/reasonable priced mechanic.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90 View Post
Hate to thread jack but how were they. My station is down the street from them and see numerous Euro's and I'm looking for an honest/reasonable priced mechanic.
I'll PM you
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
updated
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #11
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Hot damn. They pretty much do everything huh? I'll check these guys out next time I need a mod taken care of. Thanks chief.
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureHaze View Post
Hot damn. They pretty much do everything huh? I'll check these guys out next time I need a mod taken care of. Thanks chief.
Glad I can help! And yes they pretty much do everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Thought I should throw this recent ordeal into this review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know what happened on Stunt Rd. today. Couple friends and I were driving up there tonight on a canyon cruise I guess you can say. My friend with an E46 M3 was ahead of me and I see from under him come a huge rock maybe like 4-5 inches in diameter (it was circular) smack dab in the middle of the road. He cleared the rock but I knew I was screwed because I'm lowered and I couldn't slam on the brakes because my friend was driving behind me. I had to take it head on (couldn't swerve, narrow road) then BAM! I felt it like destroy everything under my car. I felt the car vibrating like crazy and I immediately pulled over. It hit my friends car too but he isn't lowered so it was so bad. I looked under the car and I see a fat dent on my oil pan cover, keep in mind its an XI's oil pan cover so it's thicker than RWD's. I was surprised there was no damage on the bumper. I turned the car on and it was just vibrating like crazy. It would vibrate more at low rpm's so on the way back I kept them around 3k rpm. I called my mechanics worker, from IKonic Auto Garage, to ask him what does he think happened. He said he'd have to take a look at it and offered to come by at 11pm which was extremely kind of him (IKonic Auto Garage I made a review about them earlier this month..great guys check them out). So he came out and we got the car on the lift and immediately you see this huge dent on the oil pan cover which is a really fat piece of metal and really hard to bend. We removed the cover and it was full of pebbles. We cleared it out and obviously we knew it was the dent on the inside that popped out upwards banging on the transmission. By now I knew it wasn't serious THANK GOD! We banged the piece of metal back out with a hammer and put it all back together, took like 20 minutes. Drove it around and everything was fine.

So if that was too long to read...just be careful up there. It looks like the rock was deliberately placed there RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the road going up to the top of Stunt. Probably some local getting angry about all the guys speeding around, who knows. Or maybe the wind blew it....doubt that though. I was lucky it didn't hit my tire or anything else.

Just wanted to give a real big thanks to Cole from IKonic for coming out and getting everything back in order! There's a reason why I say these guys are outstanding.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872450

Appreciate 0