E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran

Closed Thread

11-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #133
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
thats a very good point... but who stands behind the products poor fit? So what would happen? I get refund from Evo119, and send him back the trim... then he in turn will give back to Longtran because he has no use for a set of trim that doesn't fit right (or now is cracked) so its going to end up in the same place either way, coming back to Long. Now I do realize that isn't my problem what happens to it once I would give it back to Evo119... however my best guess is that since they are friends, he'd get a new piece or his money back so why go to all that trouble? Long could have just sent me a new piece or refund for it and had this all taken care of 2 months ago.
Everyone should be accountable for their actions, all the way up and down the supply chain. I'm not judging here, because I wasn't there, and I don't know what the truth is. Not to cast doubt on your story, but over the internet there's really no way to tell what the truth is.

My previous posts were based on the assumption that you're being truthful as I've no reason to believe you're not. That said, I was was simply trying to provide information that might be useful in remedying your situation, although given the cost/distances involved, I doubt that the situation will be amicably resolved. My point is, if the piece truly didn't fit, then the buck should not stop with you.

Good luck getting it all sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #134
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyeewee View Post
Then the guy whom you gave the money to is the one responsible for replacing, fixing, or remedying your problem.
correct, and his way of solving it when it happened was speaking to Long, telling him the problem and showing him the pix I took since he sold it for Long, and Long telling him to have me send it in to him for a replacement.

I've don't want or expect anything more than what I was originally told I was getting.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #135
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Everyone should be accountable for their actions, all the way up and down the supply chain. I'm not judging here, because I wasn't there, and I don't know what the truth is. Not to cast doubt on your story, but over the internet there's really no way to tell what the truth is.

My previous posts were based on the assumption that you're being truthful as I've no reason to believe you're not. That said, I was was simply trying to provide information that might be useful in remedying your situation, although given the cost/distances involved, I doubt that the situation will be amicably resolved. My point is, if the piece truly didn't fit, then the buck should not stop with you.

Good luck getting it all sorted out.
Yeah I understand. That is why I posted the pics of it not fitting an clearly showing no damage to the trim, hoping people will realize that it didn't fit before the cracking damage was done and showing my honesty in this situation.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #136
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

The seller is ultimately responsible and that's who you should start a thread about, sorry you had to go through all this headache

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #137
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i don't blame you man I'd be pissed off to but i'd try to resolve this in pms or a phone call, because i would have known it would turn into a bashing fest. but good luck man hopefully long will step up
agreed but I tried that for 2 months with Long and it didn't go so well as you can see... unfortunately this is my last resort to have something done or at least warn others of what can happen when doing business with him.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #138
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
The seller is ultimately responsible and that's who you should start a thread about, sorry you had to go through all this headache
but then let me ask you this.... was the seller Drew because I paid his paypal account or was it Long since Drew claimed to be selling it as a favor to Long?

I think a pretty strong case could be made for both.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #139
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
Quote:
but then let me ask you this.... was the seller Drew because I paid his paypal account or was it Long since Drew claimed to be selling it as a favor to Long?

I'd say Drew would have to take accountability for this since he accepted money for the product that he sent you.
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #140
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Quote:

Drew because that was the person other person involved in the immediate transaction and who you paid. The sale was unethical if he didn't disclose the fitment issue, if he said specifically that the trim fit well then that's grounds for more than a full refund.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #141
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

The seller is the person who has your money. The seller is the person that uses your money to buy a new pair of Nikes. Put another way, who was the previous owner of the merchandise?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #142
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
The seller is the person who has your money. The seller is the person that uses your money to buy a new pair of Nikes. Put another way, who was the previous owner of the merchandise?
well thats just it... was it Drews since he claimed to just be selling it as a favor? Long was the one who actually sent me the trim, I don't even know if Drew ever had possession of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #143
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

i'd blame drew as well.....shit i would have gone crazy on his ass if he stated it fits perfectly as he did, and then it ends up like crap. i think you went after the wrong guy, if drew told me to go through long i would have said ok return my money back at the moment
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #144
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
well thats just it... was it Drews since he claimed to just be selling it as a favor? Long was the one who actually sent me the trim, I don't even know if Drew ever had possession of it.
Only they can help you with that one...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #145
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Man...just take this as a learning experience. Now you know who to buy and who not to buy parts from.
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #146
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
It's so funny that random people come in with the same line "blame in on Drew", when the OP clearly stated that Drew deflected everything to Long......
      11-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #147
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
It's so funny that random people come in with the same line "blame in on Drew", when the OP clearly stated that Drew deflected everything to Long......
I'm not sure how to interpret your post, but if by "random people" you're referring to me, I never said blame it on Drew. I said the person to pursue warranty issues with is the seller. AFAIK, who the seller is exactly is as of yet undetermined. Even the OP doesn't know who the previous owner of the merchandise was, see post #142.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #148
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
agreed... and Drews solution was going to Long and asking for a replacement. Long obviously agreed to this so I'm just so confused as to why it wasn't given to me when clearly it didn't fit (proof is in the pics) and wasn't cracked. which all comes back to the fact that I'm upset at long for his reasoning on NOT reimbursing me because he (or the place he gets them from) can't re-sell a piece that doesn't even fit in the 1st place.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #149
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Next time I want to sell something, I'm gonna deflect everything to Long too. Is it really that easy for a seller to get off scott free?

I have a procede for sale guys - $50. Paypal me.. if you don't get it, contact Long.....

I'll be long gone!
gary
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #150
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
nice pun

however... like anmcguire stated... we really don't even know who the owner actually was.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #151
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
WOW.. sorry to hear this one Udub, but I also agree with others that you are going after the wrong guy.. looks like evo119 used Longtran's reputable name as credibility in order to sell the trim in a more swift and efficient manner.

But reading through this thread.. looks like the people "on stage" is Udub, Longtran, and Evo119.. where does PAKMAN fit in?! Damn PAK.. when I read through the thread, I see no reason why you need to be so offensive/angry towards the OP. I can assume by your words that both Long and Evo are your friends.. but DAMN bro.. no offense, but take a chill pill Haterator.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #152
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
agreed... and Drews solution was going to Long and asking for a replacement. Long obviously agreed to this so I'm just so confused as to why it wasn't given to me when clearly it didn't fit (proof is in the pics) and wasn't cracked. which all comes back to the fact that I'm upset at long for his reasoning on NOT reimbursing me because he (or the place he gets them from) can't re-sell a piece that doesn't even fit in the 1st place.
The logic is twisted. It's just like MW Design wouldn't refund my Hamann bumper because the bumper is cracked / chipped during shipping as they claim, even though they sent me a poorly packaged, and incorrectly ordered bumper.

Assuming everything that you have posted is true so far, Long or Drew do owe you a replacement piece that would fit your car. Since the initial issue is the fitment issue and the hairline cracks came later, it should not affect your return / exchange status. That is if Long has promised you a replacement piece.

Quote:
I'm not sure how to interpret your post, but if by "random people" you're referring to me, I never said blame it on Drew. I said the person to pursue warranty issues with is the seller. AFAIK, who the seller is exactly is as of yet undetermined. Even the OP doesn't know who the previous owner of the merchandise was, see post #142.
Not talking about you, wrong quote, sorry. From reading everything (yeah, I'm that bored) posted so far, it seems like Drew was selling those as a courtesy for Long, but we are not exactly sure about the situation. However, OP did mention that the PACKAGE of the trim came directly from Long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Next time I want to sell something, I'm gonna deflect everything to Long too. Is it really that easy for a seller to get off scott free?

I have a procede for sale guys - $50. Paypal me.. if you don't get it, contact Long.....

I'll be long gone!
gary
LOL~

If the package comes from Long, then sure......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJ335 View Post
WOW.. sorry to hear this one Udub, but I also agree with others that you are going after the wrong guy.. looks like evo119 used Longtran's reputable name as credibility in order to sell the trim in a more swift and efficient manner.

But reading through this thread.. looks like the people "on stage" is Udub, Longtran, and Evo119.. where does PAKMAN fit in?! Damn PAK.. when I read through the thread, I see no reason why you need to be so offensive/angry towards the OP. I can assume by your words that both Long and Evo are your friends.. but DAMN bro.. no offense, but take a chill pill Haterator.
Because he's a cyber thug typing away behind his keyboard acting all tough....... This type of people give legit Asians bad reps
      11-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #153
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyeewee View Post
Udub did not buy the part directly from Long. Therefore, Long is not obligated to do anything for Udub. Simple as that.
he should stnd behind his product... no?

The 2011 3-Series coupe offering the infamous "Harmon Kardon Badging"
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #154
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Because he's a cyber thug typing away behind his keyboard acting all tough....... This type of people give legit Asians bad reps
You know, the toughest dudes on e90 are the young e-thugs.... shiver in my pants....
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread