E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > dinan stage3 vs vishnu or jb3

11-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: Always broken

dinan stage3 vs vishnu or jb3

hey guys. i currently have the dinan stage 3 reflash, dinan intercooler, afe dual cone air intake, oil coiler, and full borla exhaust thats from the down pipes back.
the dinan stae 3 just doesnt seem to be fast enough. i want more go figure. so i am thinking about reflashing back to stock (plus with the dinan my wastegate rattles so loud it sound like a valve tap) what do you think i should switch too? it kinda suck because i am throwing away 2grand but i am going to play the angle that they messed my car becasue of the waste gate and see if that works if not oh well. i just wanted some input on whether i should go vishnu or jb3
lemme know thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Uh oh.

Seriously, not trying to be an as$ to someone who is new here, but there's like thousands of threads to search. Everyone else on here will understand the reasons for my post. Do your own research and figure out which one is for you...both have similar HP/TQ, but one has a user-interactive laptop computer software with usb-serial piggyback box connectivity (for easy s/w and firmware updates), many more features and user-controlled options, etc. while the other is more of a 'install and forget' piggyback box (unless you want to purchase updates on a chip which you will have to open up the box to install). G/L.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Go and get those Actuators fixed for the wastegate and then do some research, there is so much information around this forum, its gonna be hard for someone to make the decision for you, or without starting a war. GL
      11-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Keep the Dinan tune, you really not missing much as far as performance!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
oh another one of these

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
XLR8MF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan 2008

WOW, I here you on the always wanting more power. Well I have had Helix, JB, Viushnu and others but I will never leave the JB family. Is JB3 better than V3, I do not know. Most likely they are the same in performance despite what people tell you. Customer service is another issue. People say what they have experienced personally. I think Vishnu's CS is much improved but Terry and BMS have treated me like gold from day one and that was not the case with Vishnu when I was using their tune. Not all people will agree but that was my personal experience. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Wait Op stated that if he did this he would be throwing away 2000 grand! Where did the extra 4000 grand go???
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Wait Op stated that if he did this he would be throwing away 2000 grand! Where did the extra 4000 grand go???
"dinan stage 3 reflash," -- $2k + dinan intercooler + afe dual cone air intake + oil coiler, + full borla exhaust thats from the down pipes back. The Dinan ECU Flash is the only thing he's interested in replacing with a piggyback box; he would be keeping everything else as all the other mods will still help.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan335iMD View Post
hey guys. i currently have the dinan stage 3 reflash, dinan intercooler, afe dual cone air intake, oil coiler, and full borla exhaust thats from the down pipes back.
the dinan stae 3 just doesnt seem to be fast enough. i want more go figure. so i am thinking about reflashing back to stock (plus with the dinan my wastegate rattles so loud it sound like a valve tap) what do you think i should switch too? it kinda suck because i am throwing away 2grand but i am going to play the angle that they messed my car becasue of the waste gate and see if that works if not oh well. i just wanted some input on whether i should go vishnu or jb3
lemme know thanks
I think if thats the case, the OP has no idea of what it cost him for his Dinan Stage 3 tune...or this is a hoax and a thread to get attention!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep

See details Stage 3 Performance Engine Software/Boost Upgrade - Production Through 2/08 with MSD 80 Controller
Product Number: D900-30TC

Dinan Stage 3 Engine Software has been developed specifically for use with the Dinan intercooler, high capacity oil cooler and free flow exhaust, producing 398 horsepower and 429 lb-ft torque. The revised calibrations take full advantage of the Dinan high performance intercooler by increasing ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $2499.00

i went to stage 3 no 1 or 2

also i have dinan mufflers and borla second cat delete pipes if anyone is interested
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep

i over paid then took off the axel back dinan mufflers. they are pretty but add no performance at all. i have wasted a ton of money thats why i am now asking questions
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT coupe Montego Blue

This sounds like a joke. This guy can't be serious. Have you driven in a car with the other tunes? The guy has 7 posts and he didn't even get the price right for the flash. Who buys $7k in Dinan stuff(including install) and then backs out on it. Plus, he added a CAI, Borla exhaust and God knows what else. Does this sound like Dinan customer?

What you need is a different car if that isn't fast enough. Going from a Stage 3 tune to a Juicebox isn't going to be a dramatic difference. You might as well get a 911 Turbo if you are into throwing money away. This makes no sense.
      11-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #13
exidisjon
PuffPuffPass
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi AW/Saddle

JB3= Cheapest and FASTEST????

Dinan=RICH PERSONS CHOICE WITH NO FUTURE HEADACHES AND WORRIES.

V3= So far Dyno'ed most gains? Cost a pretty penny less than Dinan off course.

If i had no money limit ill get Dinan for sure since its warrantied.... But thats not my situation so i got the JB3 and love it....
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
i over paid then took off the axel back dinan mufflers. they are pretty but add no performance at all. i have wasted a ton of money thats why i am now asking questions
Sorry to see the thread take a turn for the worse. As it stands now, v3 is the more capable tune. It offers a functional lag fix, rattle fix and has many more features (datalogging, user adjustables, speed limit defeat, adj o2 sim, etc) than the competition. It is also more upgradeable. Rev.I was in production for 2 years which is an enternity in this market. We expect a similar lifespan with rev.II. If you get a chance, drive both and see which one you prefer. Rumor has it that a new JB unit will be available in a few months. Perhaps that would make a better comparison. As I see it, the only real advantage of the JB3 is the price. And that has to do with the hardware selection which, not surprisingly, is also the reason for the lack of current features. I think this is a pretty fair assessment.

Also, there is an overwhelming compulsion for people to promote what they purchased.

So do your research and pick the best product that meets you needs/budget.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #15
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep

Shiv, do you honestly think he will FEEL a huge difference from a Stage 3 Dinan tune to a Procede?
      11-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #16
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep

i am just being nuts i mean i am gonna go riss racing diverter valves and down pipes. i just dont know what else to do i have forgeline md3p rims on the way 19x10in in back 19x9in the front those will keep me content for like a month or so.. i am putting down 410 to the rear wheels right now will and of the other piggy backs give me more? can i put a piggy back ontop of the dinan tune?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #17
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasspeed View Post
Shiv, do you honestly think he will FEEL a huge difference from a Stage 3 Dinan tune to a Procede?
With the same bolt-on mods, yes. Not just in WOT power but also in how it drives around town. I'd say that 80% of the work that we've poured into the software/firmware in the last 4 months has been to optimize driveability. I think most of our beta testers can attest to that

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #18
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep

Did you go through America's school system? I can barely understand your posts. This is thread is out of hand people. I severly doubt anyone would notice the difference unless they told you which was which.
      11-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #19
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Sorry to see the thread take a turn for the worse. As it stands now, v3 is the more capable tune. It offers a functional lag fix, rattle fix and has many more features (datalogging, user adjustables, speed limit defeat, adj o2 sim, etc) than the competition. It is also more upgradeable. Rev.I was in production for 2 years which is an enternity in this market. We expect a similar lifespan with rev.II. If you get a chance, drive both and see which one you prefer. Rumor has it that a new JB unit will be available in a few months. Perhaps that would make a better comparison. As I see it, the only real advantage of the JB3 is the price. And that has to do with the hardware selection which, not surprisingly, is also the reason for the lack of current features. I think this is a pretty fair assessment.

you see Shiv, as a tuner, making statements like the above is what is causing some of the hatred and rift, in addition to the numerous thread closures around here.

to be fair, how exactly is the V3 the more "capable" tune? and I dont mean with the useless datalogging, etc.... How is december 15th for the 1.2 release "a few months away"? additionally, to use your logic, yes "price" would be a pretty big deal for equally performing tunes.

to the OP, as you can already see, this is quickly turning into another fustercluck....I suggest you a)do a search (plenty of threads on this topic), and b) get someone in your area with different tunes (V3, JB3, etc) and see which one you like better.

bet you a soda that you wont be able to tell any difference between the two.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep

sorry my hand fell asleep
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #21
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
i am just being nuts i mean i am gonna go riss racing diverter valves and down pipes. i just dont know what else to do i have forgeline md3p rims on the way 19x10in in back 19x9in the front those will keep me content for like a month or so.. i am putting down 410 to the rear wheels right now will and of the other piggy backs give me more? can i put a piggy back ontop of the dinan tune?
What? Can you scan your dyno sheet please. I find this difficult to believe that you would dyno > 400WHP with the Dinan ECU Flash, FMIC, aFe DCI, and exhaust...with NO DPs! No, no. Look at Shiv's and other dynos with v3, DPs, exhaust, FMIC, DCI, etc. on a RACE MAP...that's how you get >400WHP.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #22
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep

ssabripo the problem there isn't anyone in the area that offers the tunes i had to go like 2 hours away to get the dinan.
and since this is my first post my bad for all the controversy i learn from my mistakes

but i do have for sale dinan mufflers($900) and borla second cat delete pipes ($230)
Appreciate 0