E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Johnathan Davis "Alone I Play" tour

12-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Johnathan Davis "Alone I Play" tour

So last night I went to LA's Orpheum Theatre to see Johnathan Davis (Singer from Korn) play an 'acoustic' show.

It was pretty frickin' awesome.

He's got a spectacular voice, and commanding stage presence...

He had some world-class musicians performing with him, like Miles Mosely on the standup bass...

They played some Korn songs, some J.D. originals from soundtracks like Queen of the Damned (awesome songs!), and some eclectic covers, like Duran Duran. The twist is that everything was played with a very cool funk sound, and acoustic instruments (except for the digital sampling neccessary for some songs).

Small theatre, too, made it very intimate. I was like 5 rows from Johnathan Davis.

If you get the chance to see this show in your town, I highly recommend it. Tickets were around $50.

Also got to see Godhead play some songs from their recent unplugged album. Hadn't heard them before, but I will be buying their cd. They were good, too. =)
Appreciate 0