E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Do NOT run over debris!

08-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #67
Gertalian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6

Garage List
2017 BMW M6  [10.00]
Same crap happened to me Wednesday...on I-35 in TX. Made me sick for another 30-40 min on the drive home. Looked like a rubber brick and had no choice. No issues but a scuff mark on the bottom of the air dam...afraid to look underneath now! Sucks man....
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #68
Dozhdbog
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

The I-5, like most of the roads in LA, sucks. Debris and garbage strewn about, potholes and psycho drivers.... We have the most insurance claims for damage done to vehicles by poorly maintained roads out of any major city in the US.

Also, Geico really should put this under comprehensive, not collision. It's nice and all that they waived your deductible, however, your rate is about to go up. It wouldn't go up if this were properly assigned to comprehensive. You weren't able to avoid a moving object in the road due to all the other cars. How can this possible be your fault?
      08-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #69
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaverZBT View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I greatly appreciate the support. As for @spencers...you can go F*** yourself.

Insurance is covering it but it is an "at fault accident". No points but still. Oh well. Once I have it back in 2-3 weeks with BMW OEM parts on it, I will post. Brecht Collision Center is BMW of Escondido so no AM parts will be used.

Thanks again everyone!
Wow that blows, dude. Sorry for your luck, but at least you can look forward to it being fixed right and your Insurance company being hosed for the excessive cost of it (sorry...hate Insurance companies in general...)

I had hoped to catch you in time, but for reference should this happen again, further to "crashing when swerving" is the driver's fault, hitting anything on the road is also the driver's fault, as far as Insurance is concerned.

"If you hit a tree, it's a collision. If the tree hits you, it's a comprehensive."

Strangely, I never hit anything stationary - I have such bad luck it seems everything is always FLYING THROUGH THE AIR AT ME! "...ya, weirdest thing... must have been kicked up in the air from the car ahead of me..."

If it's in the air - it's comprehensive not collision. So don't hit a deer in the road in front of you. Hit a deer jumping into the road in front of you.

Good luck with the repairs and hopefully your Insurance company has the courtesy to lube up before... well... y'know.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #70
ShaverZBT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440ix Coupe

Garage List
Thanks again! I've been told I should have it back this week. We'll see.
BMWCCA Member #483927
San Diego Chapter
Appreciate 0