E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DPF Delete Options

08-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #23
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaknown View Post
Profi's price is great but I have a feeling most guys don't want to mess with buying an exhaust then modding it (or paying someone extra to mod it) because it doesn't fit. But perhaps I'm biased?
It's not a particularly big deal to weld in a $20 bung on a fresh pipe. Everything is properly aligned but the bung itself just isn't the correct bung. I ordered mine without the egt bung in it, bought the correct bung, and welded the new bung into position in a couple minutes after getting the pipe. An exhaust shop might charge $0-50 to weld it in there depending on how busy they are, it really is a 30s job for an exhaust shop. Nothing else on the exhaust needs to be modified to fit. It's definitely not the best exhaust on the market but it's perfect for anyone more concerned about the performance and price than appearance
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #24
iaknown
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
It's not a particularly big deal to weld in a $20 bung on a fresh pipe. Everything is properly aligned but the bung itself just isn't the correct bung. I ordered mine without the egt bung in it, bought the correct bung, and welded the new bung into position in a couple minutes after getting the pipe. An exhaust shop might charge $0-50 to weld it in there depending on how busy they are, it really is a 30s job for an exhaust shop. Nothing else on the exhaust needs to be modified to fit. It's definitely not the best exhaust on the market but it's perfect for anyone more concerned about the performance and price than appearance
Agreed, but that's also my point. For someone concerned about price that doesn't have a welder now they just spent $60 more on it (give or take) and have the hassle of finding a shop in the area to have the work done. To some its not a big deal, to others it may be.

Just sayin, there's other options available that come very close in price.......
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 03:00 PM   #25
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaknown View Post
Agreed, but that's also my point. For someone concerned about price that doesn't have a welder now they just spent $60 more on it (give or take) and have the hassle of finding a shop in the area to have the work done. To some its not a big deal, to others it may be.

Just sayin, there's other options available that come very close in price.......
$1500 or so for the package right? $300 well worth spending if the appearance factors in, or if you just dont like slip fittings in the exhaust (like me, I really dont like slip fittings)
Appreciate 0