E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW i-Drive - Creating Playlists - Import/Export Prob

11-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
olly-bmw
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d Coupe Auto

BMW i-Drive - Creating Playlists - Import/Export Prob

Hi folks,

I have a e92 320d Coupe with the Prof Sat Nav. I was wondering if its possible to create playlists on the built in HDD. I have the option of copying CDs BUT I can't move/copy/paste the individual tracks to separate folders. What I want are 2 folders: REGGAE and HIPHOP. Everytime I insert a CD/USB device, I want to be able to copy the tracks that I select to the designated 'folders' or place them in the created playlists.

Also, I'm unable to edit the titles of some CDs/Tracks yet can do this on others? Why is that - is it because of some CD protection?

Also, I've given up on the import/export setting because it always tells me it can't detect a USB device despite me being able to play music from it. Anybody experienced this? The BMW manual doesn't help!

Any help from the veterans would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 in Sakhir Orange

Garage List
The car will play songs by genre, why not classify them that way?
      11-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
olly-bmw
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
The car will play songs by genre, why not classify them that way?
Is it possible to classify individual tracks? That would be a perfect solution - I've never seen this as an option! Any pointers?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
The closest I've managed is to store tracks in indiviual folders and burn to disc as a data CD and not a music type.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
olly-bmw
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
The closest I've managed is to store tracks in indiviual folders and burn to disc as a data CD and not a music type.
Yep, your right. So its best to burn all the reggae tracks to one CD and all garage to another. BUT: if you ever wanted to 'add' a single track later, it's not possible.

I am shocked that this feature hasn't been included in the BMW. You would have thought a simple playlist option would have been included!! Surely, there must be a fix/workaround! All I want are for Reggae tracks to sit in one place and all garage tracks in another!!
Appreciate 0