E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > YouTube to MP3 for playing in cars

06-13-2008, 03:01 AM   #1
Betty0920
Registered
Rep
Drives: mini

Thumbs up YouTube to MP3 for playing in cars

Here I have a tutorial about how to convert YouTube to MP3 for playing in cars. Hope you enjoy it. You can search "flvsoft flv converter" on google.com for more info.

What is FLV and what is MP3
FLV (Flash Video) is a proprietary file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player 6, 7, 8, or 9. The ubiquity of Adobe Flash Player has made it possible for the FLV you post on the Internet to reach wider audience.
MP3 (MPEG Layer-3) is a digital audio compression algorithm that achieves a compression factor of about twelve while preserving the original sound quality. It does this by optimizing the compression according to the range of sound that people can actually hear. MP3 is currently the most powerful algorithm in a series of audio encoding standards developed under the sponsorship of the MPEG organization and formalized by the ISO.
MP3 files (filename extension ".mp3") can be downloaded from many World-Wide-Web sites and can be played back using software available for most operation systems, for example, Winamp fro PC, MacAmp for Machintosh, and mpeg123 for Unix. PM3 files are usually downloaded completely before playing but streaming MP3 is also possible. A program called a "ripper" can be used to copy a selection from a music CD on to your hard disk and another program called an "encode" can convert it to an MP3 file.

To extract audio from FLV video to MP3 with Moyea FLV to Video Converter, what you need to do with the system requirements is to install Moyea FLV to Video Converter.

Import FLV into the Converter
Once Moyea FLV to Video Converter is installed, launch the Converter.

Click on the "Add File" button on the tool bar to import your target FLV files into the conversion file list. Moyea FLV to Video Converter has been embedded with the proper codecs to avail you to add different FLV files into it, and thus you do not have to install extra codecs or plug-ins to do this.
Select output format
Click on "Settings" to select the "MP3" file format for the Export Type:

Besides controlling the export type of the audio and video, you can also change sample rate, channel and bit rate for the audio.
Don't forget to select an output directory in this step.

After this, you can click on "Convert " button to start extracting the audio to MP3 in the generated output file.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

There is actually an easier way. just go to freecorder.com and download the toolbar using which you can record the audio from any source on the internet with the same quality as it is being played. But nice DIY though.
      06-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

thanks. that's a great find. I've used this before to covert videos to use on ipod but didnt know about the mp3.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: FBO+ N54xi

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
you DONT NEED A PROGRAM...just go onto this website WWW.VIXY.NET and convert anything from youtube...check it out it's nice!!!.............
This service allows you convert a Flash Video / FLV file (YouTube's videos,etc) to MPEG4 (AVI/MOV/MP4/MP3/3GP) file online. It is using a compressed domain transcoder technology (outline in Japanese). It converts FLV to MPEG4 faster and less lossy than a typical transcoder...All you have to do is Copy and Paste the Youtube Link there and wait few seconds while it transfers, then the Download link will appear and download it...it's pretty quick & easy...

CHECK IT OUT!
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

Vixy.net works sometimes. I've used it in the past. I tend to get a lot of errors with it. Also sometimes after the conversion the elapsed time for the song turns out to be like 45 mins for a 4 min track.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
Betty0920
Registered
Rep
Drives: mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattbam View Post
Vixy.net works sometimes. I've used it in the past. I tend to get a lot of errors with it. Also sometimes after the conversion the elapsed time for the song turns out to be like 45 mins for a 4 min track.
Yes, I agree with you. Online converters are mostly unstable.
Besides, this moyea converter can also download and convert flv to iPhone, iPod, PSP, cell phone, etc. I also use it to convert youtube to my BlackBerry.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #7
WilMan777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty0920 View Post
Yes, I agree with you. Online converters are mostly unstable.
Besides, this moyea converter can also download and convert flv to iPhone, iPod, PSP, cell phone, etc. I also use it to convert youtube to my BlackBerry.
is this converter free?? i can't seem to find one that isn't just a trial version..thx
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Wait, are you just ripping the audio from the FLV files?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 02:48 AM   #9
yuyue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i E90 MT

mediaconverter.org
easy to use
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
antzcrashing