E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coded my mirrors to close as soon as I press lock on Keyfob

03-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #111
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Oh, and another thing - has anyone checked to see if this value is what controls the delay for comfort eject? It'd be nice to have comfort eject eject the key quicker when holding the off button instead of having to wait a whole two seconds.
It should be doable, the problem is to find which parameter is responsible for this delay, I will try to find it and let you know.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #112
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ************ View Post
@step 9 when you select coapicodebynettodata you will.see a window pop up then first line should be cas.xxx the second line is blank and you need to type NETTODAT.MAN Then hit ok
and that's it, just hit OK and you can close up the NCSexpert? and it will be done?
so there is no need to process the car?
      03-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #113
unoriginal
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Thanks OP, good find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
It should be doable, the problem is to find which parameter is responsible for this delay, I will try to find it and let you know.
Thats a good suggestion.. I will also look into it as well while I am doing this mod
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #114
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
and that's it, just hit OK and you can close up the NCSexpert? and it will be done?
so there is no need to process the car?
NEVER ever press the process car!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #115
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
NEVER ever press the process car!
sweet, I got it to work!! amazing find! l love the new feature, it also closes windows instantly with CA and fob! love it!
      03-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #116
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Tonight I coded to my E93 which enables the side mirrors to fold in the same time the door is locked..Before when I press the lock button on the keyfob the mirrors would not fold in until I held the keyfob for an additonal 2 seconds or so. Now after coding the side mirrors folds in simultaneously with locking of the car. This coding makes it soooo much more efficient then standing there holding the lock button to have mirrors close. I hit the lock button one time and walk away knowing mirrors will fold immediately! For those that have COMFORT ACCESS, this also works too...As soon as you press the ridges on the door handle the doors lock and mirrors fold in within a half second!!!

Requires Nettodat coding using NCSdummies

CAS
KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN

Choose one of the values you want to custom set it to.
new value 00 (instantly)
new value 05 (.5 seconds)
new value 0A (1 second)
Default value 0F (2.5 seconds)

Code it in and your DONE

i was able to do the same but to open windows/mirrors etc setting this to 00

KMFRT_OEFFNEN

now i got opening and closing instantly with fob
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #117
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Anyone find a away to delay the windows/convertible top from being activated and having the instant change only apply to the mirrors? On the E93, if I set it to zero delay, it does fold the mirror, but it also starts closing the convertible top at the same time.

Interestingly enough, I've found that on the LCI vert I'm working with, folding the mirrors with the remote only works if you are standing within comfort access range of the car, just like how the convertible top can only be activated by remote if you are right next to the car.
      07-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #118
spencers
Captain
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: Sthrizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
There's no need for NETTODAT coding or any sort of manual editing, just do it the proper way by actually adding new parameters.
  1. Read the module with NCS Expert to a FSW_PSW.TRC and take note of the .Cxx version of the module daten that is displayed.
  2. Open that version of the CAS module daten with NCS Dummy.
  3. Locate the KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN function and right click it and select "add parameter."
  4. Punch in whatever you want for a name (I usually use a descriptive term that matches BMW's naming scheme).
  5. Enter your desired time for a value. This is in deciseconds (tenths of a second) and in hexadecimal. So as mentioned in the first post, 00 for 0.0 seconds, 05 for 0.5 seconds, 0C for 1.2 seconds, etc.
  6. Write your changes back to the module daten with the Module Functions > Update Module button.
  7. Load in your trace file, scroll or search to KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN, and you'll see your new custom parameter listed. Tick the box, then click the Trace Functions > Export FSW_PSW.TRC.
  8. Code the module as normal with NCS Expert.

This is the truly "correct" way of doing it - rather than hacking in a custom value directly into the NETTODAT, you're actually creating a custom parameter with the desired value in the daten file for that module. Then the standard FSW_PSW.TRC is being modified to specify the name of that parameter. When NCS Expert codes the module, it sees the parameter name you created, consults the daten file, sees the parameter name and definition (your custom value), and writes the binary value to the module accordingly.

There's a few benefits of doing things this way other than it just being the proper means of doing so. First, you're actually updating the module daten, so any future times you code your car or any other car with the same version of the module, you'll have that option available to you without doing anything new. Second, it's a good habit to get into doing, especially since some modules don't play nice with NETTODAT coding. Finally, and although it may not look it from the instructions, it's easier and more elegant than editing the NETTODAT, and a lot more foolproof.

Happy coding.
Thanks for the tip!

I didn't even have to make my own value. With my CAS module, I just kept scrolling in NCSDummy and there was already an entry for something like "Delay closing sunroof with windows" already entered. I simply added a new value for 00, updated the module, updated my FSW_PSW, then wrote the FSW_PSW.MAN to my CAS. Voila, no more delay! (I did for both Komfort Schleissen and Offenen)

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE COME FROM THE FACTORY!

Last edited by spencers; 07-19-2014 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #119
Reckless335
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 335i e92

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So, I found this to be a pretty cool feature, but I wouldn't have it instant, for the sake of the fact if I ever wanted to leave my mirrors unfolded. So I'd probably set the value to .5 seconds, or 1 second. Anyways, something I've always been curious about, but I've never been able to find out is, I have windows up with fob. (Also works with CA if I leave my finger on the ridges of the handle) anyways, is there a way to code the "windows up" without having to hold the lock button on the key? I've noticed as soon as my mirrors start to fold in, I can let go of the button on the key, and they'll continue to fold. However, one the windows start going up, if I let go of the button on the key, the windows stop wherever they're at. Is there a way to code the car so that once the windows start going up, I can let go of the key and they'll compete the cycle? Or am I committed to holding the button for the entire time?
      07-29-2014, 04:52 AM   #120
Teq
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino1ny View Post
So, I found this to be a pretty cool feature, but I wouldn't have it instant, for the sake of the fact if I ever wanted to leave my mirrors unfolded. So I'd probably set the value to .5 seconds, or 1 second. Anyways, something I've always been curious about, but I've never been able to find out is, I have windows up with fob. (Also works with CA if I leave my finger on the ridges of the handle) anyways, is there a way to code the "windows up" without having to hold the lock button on the key? I've noticed as soon as my mirrors start to fold in, I can let go of the button on the key, and they'll continue to fold. However, one the windows start going up, if I let go of the button on the key, the windows stop wherever they're at. Is there a way to code the car so that once the windows start going up, I can let go of the key and they'll compete the cycle? Or am I committed to holding the button for the entire time?
You need a module for the windows.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 11:46 PM   #121
Reckless335
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
What module?
      07-31-2014, 05:00 AM   #122
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

Quote:
As far as I know it can't be coded. You need to keep holding a button to close the windows, it is the only way to do it. Mirrors its a different story, their neutral position is folded or unfolded.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #123
Reckless335
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
I believe its made that way for safety purposes... In case some idiot (or child) sticks his head, arm, leg (or other apparatus... Ouch!) it wont end up wounding someone.

But it could be bice to just do a long press and ve able to walk away and windows and sunroof would close. Not stand 5ft from the car in heavy rain to close everything up... But hey, safety first! :
That's the problem with the world today. We spend so much time protecting the "stupid" that the normal population can't enjoy anything. I say let natural selection take it's course. Remove all the safety warnings and labels off of everything and survival of the fittest will eventually take place. In the case some idiot sticks his head, arm, leg or other apparatus in a window that's rolling up, then he (or she) deserves to have it pinched, crushed, or (doubtful that this will happen) dismembered. Common sense prevails. And for all of you who are about to chime in asking "what about if a child sticks their hand, leg, etc in?" Well my answer for that is the parents should be supervising their children more closely. If they were doing their job as a parent, children wouldn't be sticking their extremities where they don't belong. It sucks that more "intelligent" people have to suffer to accommodate retards. (No offense to actual mentally or physically handicapped people)

But yes, I agree, you look like a f-ing idiot standing 5 feet away from your car while you wait for the windows to roll up. It would be nice to code the key fob so that 1 "push" of the button locked the car, hold it for 1 second and it locks the car and folds in the mirrors, and hold it for 3 seconds and it locks the car, folds in mirrors, rolls up windows, and closes the sunroof. Just push the button for 3 seconds, let it go, and the windows will complete their cycle. Same would be reversed. 1 push unlocks the car, 1 second hold unlocks the car and unfolds mirrors, and 3 second hold unlocks the car, unfolds mirrors, rolls down windows and opens the roof.

The only benefit I see of having to HOLD the button the entire time is the rare case that you don't want the windows fully opened or fully closed. You can let go of the button at the point you want the windows to stop. Or, I've noticed that the sunroof doesn't start it's cycle until the windows have completed theirs, so if you want the windows open, but not the roof, that would be useful from having to HOLD the button as well, but that's very rare in my case. 95% of the time I want them all open, or all closed.
      01-05-2015, 04:24 AM   #124
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

really need to learn how to do nettodat coding. it seems so hard!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 04:56 AM   #125
bmer135i
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

that is cool!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 05:57 AM   #126
Jason954x
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
Tonight I coded to my E93 which enables the side mirrors to fold in the same time the door is locked..Before when I press the lock button on the keyfob the mirrors would not fold in until I held the keyfob for an additonal 2 seconds or so. Now after coding the side mirrors folds in simultaneously with locking of the car. This coding makes it soooo much more efficient then standing there holding the lock button to have mirrors close. I hit the lock button one time and walk away knowing mirrors will fold immediately! For those that have COMFORT ACCESS, this also works too...As soon as you press the ridges on the door handle the doors lock and mirrors fold in within a half second!!!

Requires Nettodat coding using NCSdummies

CAS
KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN

Choose one of the values you want to custom set it to.
new value 00 (instantly)
new value 05 (.5 seconds)
new value 0A (1 second)
Default value 0F (2.5 seconds)

Code it in and your DONE

I did mine for 0.5s (half of a second) that way I still have the option if I wanna fold them or not. I'd hate to have my mirrors froze in the folded position during the cold mornings. Another thing is I'm not sure how durable those motors are so I only fold them when parked in tight parking spots.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #127
js335in54
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMw e92

Quote:
That's the problem with the world today. We spend so much time protecting the "stupid" that the normal population can't enjoy anything. I say let natural selection take it's course. Remove all the safety warnings and labels off of everything and survival of the fittest will eventually take place. In the case some idiot sticks his head, arm, leg or other apparatus in a window that's rolling up, then he (or she) deserves to have it pinched, crushed, or (doubtful that this will happen) dismembered. Common sense prevails. And for all of you who are about to chime in asking "what about if a child sticks their hand, leg, etc in?" Well my answer for that is the parents should be supervising their children more closely. If they were doing their job as a parent, children wouldn't be sticking their extremities where they don't belong. It sucks that more "intelligent" people have to suffer to accommodate retards. (No offense to actual mentally or physically handicapped people)

But yes, I agree, you look like a f-ing idiot standing 5 feet away from your car while you wait for the windows to roll up. It would be nice to code the key fob so that 1 "push" of the button locked the car, hold it for 1 second and it locks the car and folds in the mirrors, and hold it for 3 seconds and it locks the car, folds in mirrors, rolls up windows, and closes the sunroof. Just push the button for 3 seconds, let it go, and the windows will complete their cycle. Same would be reversed. 1 push unlocks the car, 1 second hold unlocks the car and unfolds mirrors, and 3 second hold unlocks the car, unfolds mirrors, rolls down windows and opens the roof.

The only benefit I see of having to HOLD the button the entire time is the rare case that you don't want the windows fully opened or fully closed. You can let go of the button at the point you want the windows to stop. Or, I've noticed that the sunroof doesn't start it's cycle until the windows have completed theirs, so if you want the windows open, but not the roof, that would be useful from having to HOLD the button as well, but that's very rare in my case. 95% of the time I want them all open, or all closed.
they dont close in one click for safety purposes. which makes sense .
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 11:55 PM   #128
js335in54
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
really need to learn how to do nettodat coding. it seems so hard!
i can show you remotely how you get this done .lmk
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #129
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by js335in54 View Post
i can show you remotely how you get this done .lmk
do you charge?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #130
js335in54
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
do you charge?
no pm me
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #131
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Just for anybody elses info. the times listed next to the values does not mean when you hit key once - after 5 seconds the wmirror closes. it means how long you hold it down for till it closes. this is what confused me first time

i would of liked to hit key once. and 2 or 3 seconds later they close. but the values mean how long your finger is held on lock button
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #132
ssshake
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe 2009

I've never coded from a nettodat file. I've only toggle features on and off using the fsw_psw file. Is there anything fundamentally different? Can someone point me to concise documentation/instructions?
Appreciate 0