E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > [GROUP BUY] DTUK DIESEL TUNING KITS (Diesel Only) + PEDALBOX THROTTLE RESPONSE KITS (

11-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #67
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

still smells to me
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #68
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
Sounds like the PB is a SprintBooster on steriods!! and let me tell you, the SB is magic... so this PB must be insane!
Unscrewing the box to change maps kills me, so I just have a rubber band holding the case together.

Otherwise, undoing 4 torx screws every time I want to change settings would do my head in. :/

I really like the ability to 'underclock' your pedal and actually reduce throttle response - basically stock -3. I will use this one today when I drop my car off to have a few things done to it. haha
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #69
luster
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
still smells to me
When you first wrote in to say, if it were meant to be, BMW would have just included it in the first place I rolled my eyes a little.

But you know what? You can actually set a Mercedes Benz to do a very similar thing by setting the throttle range in the computer. It needs to be reset every few days, but thought it was kinda cool that MB at least had the option for the punter.

There is nothing smelly about the device mate, better throttle response makes your car feel zippy and toey - it's as simple as that. Can you at least agree with me on that one?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #70
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
When you first wrote in to say, if it were meant to be, BMW would have just included it in the first place I rolled my eyes a little.

But you know what? You can actually set a Mercedes Benz to do a very similar thing by setting the throttle range in the computer. It needs to be reset every few days, but thought it was kinda cool that MB at least had the option for the punter.

There is nothing smelly about the device mate, better throttle response makes your car feel zippy and toey - it's as simple as that. Can you at least agree with me on that one?
Roll all you like chappy my kids do it all the time

'Feel' better is the bit I have an issue with as there is no 'actual' increase in power and you only 'feel' it because the pedel has been remapped. I will let you in on a little secret, but you gotta promise not to tell anyone, ok!

If you press the loud pedel a little harder the car will perform exactly the same as the $200 'box'.

That being said if you would prefer to spend your money on a box for the car as opposed to beaver box go for it
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #71
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Unforunately both of you are correct in a way.
This device is basically like a sport button. It let you access the full potential of your car immediately.

Just use my previous drag result as an example. If you been driving your car like a grandpa, bmw remember the way you drive and adjust it accordingly therefore become less responsive/slower but more fuel effecient.

To Luster: remember our last run on my car felt faster than the first few run?
i quote "This last run felt good"

Using these type of device let you unlock the full potential of your car "immediately" but the question is does it justify to spend $200+ when you can achieve by driving hard?

It will surely benifit casua/slowl drivers like me & Allen but will do nothing for pccokley & Jeef.
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #72
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I think at the end of the day as long as the buyers are happy with their product (even if I think the product is a waste of money) is the main thing!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #73
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
Unforunately both of you are correct in a way.
This device is basically like a sport button. It let you access the full potential of your car immediately.

Just use my previous drag result as an example. If you been driving your car like a grandpa, bmw remember the way you drive and adjust it accordingly therefore become less responsive/slower but more fuel effecient.

To Luster: remember our last run on my car felt faster than the first few run?
i quote "This last run felt good"

Using these type of device let you unlock the full potential of your car "immediately" but the question is does it justify to spend $200+ when you can achieve by driving hard?

It will surely benifit casua/slowl drivers like me & Allen but will do nothing for pccokley & Jeef.

nok nok whos there??? PWOH hehehe

I look forward to you signing up for diesel Powah day at wakefield on the 14th to show us your moves!!!!

Now back on topic, I disagree with your analysis in that it wont act like a power button (which I assume all have, or is it just the 335???) or like the 'adaptive' auto transmission. It does not connect to any of these systems, it merely intercepts the throttle control signal from the pedel to the engine mgt module, by saying instead of a 10% input and converting it to 12% or whatever setting you have on the 'black box'. This is why I have a problem with spending ANYTHING on it, logic dictates all you need to do to get the same result is push harder, simple
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #74
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

luster: the thing that gives me the BIGGEST laugh is how all the 'experts' provide commentary on a device they have never used or never owned.

and they say ignorance is bliss.... (but maybe only for some)

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #75
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Hey QLD read Lusters review again and think about your last comment.

Quote:
This device does not make your car any faster, it doesn't add anymore power
It 'feels' zippier because of the placebo effect. Come on chaps were a bit old to believe in the tooth fairy
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #76
luster
Major
Rep

No no, it feels zippier, because it IS zippier. ugh, its so hard to explain.

Obviously we will all see each other soon, so it will make more sense once you actually have a go with it.

I dont know if you totally get it and im missing something or vice versa. We'll see
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #77
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I dont know if you totally get it ....
Let it go br0..

For historical purposes people reading this thread will know that from people who have actually tried and bought these types of products and have provided commentary on them.. they can rely on their opinions.. where as others.... ?? - well, its just a bit of white noise that happens in the background and you simply switch off and disregard it as it is baseless chatter about 'personal beliefs' from people that have neither tried or owned the product in question...

In the end... gives me a great chuckle..

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #78
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
still smells to me
And here I was thinking this was some remark about diesels!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #79
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Quote:
still smells to me
And here I was thinking this was some remark about diesels!
I would never make a disparaging comment about a D. I do reserve the right to laugh at those willing to spend money on a performance enhancing mod that the purveyor openly states "does not provide more power" WTF?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #80
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Got my crd-t installed by luster. The actual installation was very quick. It's the removal of the socket connectors that's a PITA. Thanks dude. What a great guy!

Had a great time comparing my car with just the crd-t and his having the crd-t and pedal box. I can definitely say that the boost coming from his car comes in quicker than mine. I don't really care about the technical aspects since each one has their own preconceived notion but all I can say is to reserve your judgement until you try it out.

Also tried some coding but my car wouldn't talk to his computer....maybe next time.

I've been trying it every time I get the chance on the way home and it's a nice feeling to know that there's power when you need it. Have to watch out for cops though. :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #81
Blaubmw
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

Well I've taken the leap and ordered a CRD-T after Andrew was kind enough to give me a good price. It will apparently take 2 weeks to arrive so in the mean time I'm base lining the e90's current performance/econo figures to post a review for the QLD'ers.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #82
luster
Major
Rep

I have 1 CRD-T and 1 PedalBOX here in the country if anybody needs. Someone cancelled on me, argh!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #83
Blaubmw
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

CRD-T unit arrived Friday arvo and is now installed. Andrew was a great help with advice on how to remove those PITA plugs. Within 30 min's of sending an email asking for assistance he was on the phone to help.
Can anyone advise or point me to information about the differences between the 4 maps for the CRD-T unit please?

For Luster: I may purchase the pedalbox from you after next pay if still available.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #84
QLD
Captain
Rep

put it on Map 3 +20% for best all round result.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #85
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Time for me to try the PedalBOX, when do u have time luster??
Hopefully get my as-new Hankook tyres install by next weeeeek

Quote:
Are you ever going to buy this product?
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #86
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
Are you ever going to buy this product?
If I ever did go down this track... I certainly wouldn't be discussing it in public

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #87
luster
Major
Rep

pwoh, text me when you are free! Im planning on seeing Stuart at some stage this week too. in the evening, Im only free Tuesday and Wednesday.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #88
luster
Major
Rep

Quote:
i tend to agree with this setting, however, for older diesel cars you might experience a little shuddering and want to bring it down one notch.

i was on 30% but threw a code, so down to 20% now.

additionally, I started getting a rough idle after throwing the code also, but after clearing the code and then nanna driving for a few days she came good again.
Appreciate 0