E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Alberta Members Thread (#2)

06-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #463
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow M3

Garage List
SUVs and corners do not mix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTV
Two people are dead after a high speed crash that sent 4 people to hospital.

A Honda CR-V with 5 people inside was speeding down Stoney trail last night when it lost control at the ramp to Mcknight boulevard.

The vehicle left the roadway and rolled several times.
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

Now, our cars simply love this off-ramp -- but time and time again, I've had SUVs or pickup trucks try to keep up with me here -- they can't, and I've had at least two occasions where they have nearly lost it behind me. Most of the time they simply slow down.

Now two young kids have unfortunately learned about physics the hard way. The driver appears to have survived .. he or she is going to lead a very difficult life now.

If this was a gold CR-V, I've seen it speeding in the area before. It came charging up behind me once when I was cruising along Stoney at the limit. It was going way faster than you'd expect a CR-V driver to ever go.. , probably bouncing off the rev limiter!

Sad story. Drive safe people.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #464
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Yikes... I'm sorry to hear that, but sometimes when you drive like that you get hurt...
I don't know the ramp you are speaking of, I just know when it comes to off ramps / corners residential areas I drive safe. Just not worth it imo...

** As to the cruise, I don't know where to look on project technik! I have not really searched the website yet haha
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #465
ryu
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hello Gents,

Been a long time lurker since I bought my e90 335 last October.
I figure it's about time I get to know the community since all the lurking made me feel like a stalker.

My ride is sparkling graphite, tinted and dechromed running on 19" VMR 701s w/ a 6 speed manual.

Anyhoo, I live in the NW Calgary as well so I figure I've probably seen some of your rides around.

Just wanted to introduce myself!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:46 AM   #466
ttt1595
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw m3 bmw x3 m40i

Garage List
2002 Bmw m3  [9.00]
2005 bmw m3  [0.00]
2019 Bmw x3 m40i   [0.00]
Welcome!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu View Post
Hello Gents,

Been a long time lurker since I bought my e90 335 last October.
I figure it's about time I get to know the community since all the lurking made me feel like a stalker.

My ride is sparkling graphite, tinted and dechromed running on 19" VMR 701s w/ a 6 speed manual.

Anyhoo, I live in the NW Calgary as well so I figure I've probably seen some of your rides around.

Just wanted to introduce myself!
Big Hello, Can u make the Banff trip???
This is the way we can all put a face to our names and build on what's going to a awesome Day!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #467
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Welcome! I'm in N.W Calgary as well, I'm sure I may have seen your car driving around from time to time.

Anytime you'd like to meet up during the weekends Bigup and Myself usually get together and do some runs on stoney just to log / test out our vehicles.
Both of us are actively adding new mods lol

Have you seen me drive around at all? You've probably heard me atleast..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #468
ryu
Registered
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the warm welcome boys.

I am definitely considering heading up to Banff as well and getting to know the BMW community in Calgary. Too bad my engine is stock, so not sure if I can keep up with all these modded cars...

I think I spotted/heard Vader's car once as it was heading down Shag.

I saw that you have your Cobb up for sale Vader, I just have to convince the girlfriend that 900 dollars is okay to spend on a 300 HP car. I keep telling her I am gonna change the ECU software one of these days without letting her know...unfortunatly I think she'd notice once she started driving it.

Would love to meet up some time for a mini cruise or something. I recognize all your meeting spots from your pics!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #469
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I am definitely considering heading up to Banff as well and getting to know the BMW community in Calgary. Too bad my engine is stock, so not sure if I can keep up with all these modded cars...

I saw that you have your Cobb up for sale Vader, I just have to convince the girlfriend that 900 dollars is okay to spend on a 300 HP car. I keep telling her I am gonna change the ECU software one of these days without letting her know...unfortunatly I think she'd notice once she started driving it.

Would love to meet up some time for a mini cruise or something. I recognize all your meeting spots from your pics!
Don't worry about the engine being stock -- it's just a cruise, rather than a cannonball run

And as for modding expenses .. I try to keep my wife happy by not questioning her clothing purchases -- it certainly makes life much easier. Doing the family finances helps too .. since I can often 'hide' my purchase in there somehow .. ha ha.

I haven't told her about my most recent order yet .. but I'm sure she'll figure it out when she hears the 'whoooooshing ... pppppssshhhhh ' noise coming from my engine!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #470
mad villain
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:

Defs don't worry bout the stock-ness of ur engine......the cruise is gunna be awesome regardless. My car is completely stock too!
As bigup said....it's not a canonball run....just a chill cruise. It's also a chance to meet some more BMW enthusiasts, and hopefully get some sick pictures!
      06-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #471
mad villain
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Oh and welcome to the forum!
      06-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #472
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Haha, you would know if you heard my car, believe me!
Just wait for my catless DP instillation.. it will be even more ridiculous haha.

Absolutely no worries regarding a stock engine. It's not like the 335i is a slow car... stock is still very quick!

a BMW is a BMW is a BMW! I have huge respect for any and all BMW owners, and so far all of the BMW owners I have met have been incredible people! We all have love for BMW owners regardless of tunes / mods ETC

Anytime I see a BMW driver going down the road I tend to give him a smile and a thumbs up!

This cruise will be a fun gathering, great food, good weather " hopefuly " so definitely don't feel bad if your car isn't modified.

I only started modifying mine about 2 months ago.... I got hooked..

As it stands I think I will keep COBB, it is just to good of a tune, it is also much more conenient to use then JB4 since I don't have to dig into the ECU and remove plastic bits from my engine.
If you do want to buy a tune for your car let me know, I may still end up going JB4, I do have to wait until I sell my COBB though.

As for price, I'll sell it for 800. It is used and I would like to give another BMW owner a nice little break.. Cost me 1120 all in but Hey, my loss is your gain right!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #473
ryu
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Vader View Post
As for price, I'll sell it for 800. It is used and I would like to give another BMW owner a nice little break.. Cost me 1120 all in but Hey, my loss is your gain right!
Damn, for $800 bucks that would be too good of a deal to pass up. Keep me updated if you plan on selling or not.
I wouldn't mind seeing how bady you pull on me sometime just to gauge the power as well.

I understand what you are saying about messing around with ECU. Good thing you have other JB4 people like Bigup that and can help you with the install.

Btw, has anyone here with a 6-speed manual done the CDV delete?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #474
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Btw, has anyone here with a 6-speed manual done the CDV delete?
I will probably do it very soon .. most of the time I get along fine with the CDV, but there are times under a heavy launch when it is guilty of causing issues.

A tune will narrow the fast launch sweet spot somewhat .. too little revs and it'll bog, too much, and you'll be taking off diagonally and painting the road
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #475
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

RYU I have decided that if someone locally wants to buy it for 800 I will sell it..
I realize all three tunes are very simalar.. COBB stage 2 may be the shit when it releases, but I can always work with Terry to customize my JB4 map to my liking / tuning specifications to realize the same power gains. I was just worried since I don't have a PC to do my own logging... I can always buy a cheap computer for log specifics.

Send me a text 612-4666 I'll take you for a spin my car and I can show you what COBB Is all about.
I know Mad Villain is also interested, so the first person to give me 800 takes the COBB tune!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #476
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Mini cruise this weekend? Who's down?
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #477
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I ordered Terry's new BMS FSB Meth Kit!! Bouncing off the walls at the thought of near-400 rwhp

Vader -- you can pick up cheap netbooks for like $250 now .. that'll be good enough for logging JB4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90MCF View Post
Mini cruise this weekend? Who's down?
I'll be in Canmore for the whole weekend with family
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #478
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

I'm down for a cruise this weekend. I'm free on sat late afternoon. installing FMIC!

** I just ordered JB4, so I want to sell COBB ASAP. *** 800 CAD.
MAKE ME AN OFFER

VIN, Can you ask around for me? If you can find me a buyer for my COBB I'll give you 30 bucks cash!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #479
ryu
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
I will probably do it very soon .. most of the time I get along fine with the CDV, but there are times under a heavy launch when it is guilty of causing issues.

A tune will narrow the fast launch sweet spot somewhat .. too little revs and it'll bog, too much, and you'll be taking off diagonally and painting the road
I agree, most of the time I can handle the CDV fine, but the shifts to second gear can get annoying and also unpredictable when driving aggressively.
Let me know if you plan on getting the CDV removed.

Congrats on the meth mod as well Bigup. I hope you have wide enough tires at the back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Vader
VIN, Can you ask around for me? If you can find me a buyer for my COBB I'll give you 30 bucks cash!
Lol, you could just sell it 30 bucks cheaper as well. When are you available for me to check it out?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #480
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats on the meth mod as well Bigup. I hope you have wide enough tires at the back!
*hides* .. ahem .. not really.. just 255's .. I made a decision to burn through my stock rubber this summer. I'll launch gently, I'm not planning on dragging it anyway.

If it get's too much, I'll just sling on some cheap rims and some 275's, or drop boost
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #481
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I agree, most of the time I can handle the CDV fine, but the shifts to second gear can get annoying and also unpredictable when driving aggressively.
Let me know if you plan on getting the CDV removed.

Lol, you could just sell it 30 bucks cheaper as well. When are you available for me to check it out?

Ryu, send me a text 612-4666
I'm free all weekend and any night after 7 o'clock.
I live in Panorama right by the movie theater so I think you are close. Either way I'm happy to drive to meet you somewhere.

Fine, for E90members only I'll sell it for 770... thats a VERY good deal....
If someone from another board buys it this month, but you refer him I'll sell it for 800 and give you 30 cash!

I love COBB to death. JB4 is just going to work better for my needs right now.
I also want to try it out.

Simon, you will have traction issues!
I love my current set up. Tires + suspension = zero traction issues with 320whp.. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune with 400+ whp.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #482
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Vader View Post
Simon, you will have traction issues!
I love my current set up. Tires + suspension = zero traction issues with 320whp.. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune with 400+ whp.
Meh .. I installed my JB4 when I still had my 225 winters on .. and it was .. fun.

Now I have an extra 3 cm on each tire, I'm sure it'll handle the extra power well enough for my needs. That's the joy of clutch control ..

It's already amazing not having to go WOT to beat a G37 who wants to race me. Casual is enough to get the job done with a bus or two to spare..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #483
ttt1595
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw m3 bmw x3 m40i

Garage List
2002 Bmw m3  [9.00]
2005 bmw m3  [0.00]
2019 Bmw x3 m40i   [0.00]
Meth Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
I ordered Terry's new BMS FSB Meth Kit!! Bouncing off the walls at the thought of near-400 rwhp

Vader -- you can pick up cheap netbooks for like $250 now .. that'll be good enough for logging JB4.

I'll be in Canmore for the whole weekend with family
Congrats on the Meth kit. How's the price on the kit (did u order it through Mike?) and this is the next purchase for me
Should now while I'm in England????
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #484
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttt1595 View Post
Congrats on the Meth kit. How's the price on the kit (did u order it through Mike?) and this is the next purchase for me
Should now while I'm in England????
I ordered the FSB kit direct from Terry (Mike doesn't have it on his site yet) -- it's $429 dollars, but the included tank is a bit small (and I don't like the other tanks much), so I'm going to order the $95 tank from Devils Own, which is very neat:

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/2-5...-tank-346.html
Appreciate 0