E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Got Rear-ended!!! HELP

02-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
sbdavis1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Got Rear-ended!!! HELP

As the pictures show...on my pleasent drive home from work yesterday, stopped at a red light, a Hyaundai Santa Fe decided to not brake while doing 35 directly into the back of my e92.

Luckily the small SUV sits high enough and avoided my exhaust....my bumper and trunk weren't quite as lucky. My Meth kit which sits in the trunk did not come out of the bungy setup that Coolingmist and Terry and the guys put together! Great job guys! My trunk won't open now though so obviously I fully disengaged my meth via my controller.

The driver in insured and I'm working dilligently to get this worked out. I would like to upgrade to a Vorsteiner CSL boot and a M Tech rear bumper or some sort of aftermarket bumper. Any suggestions of where to buy etc.???

I'm basically going to have to pay the difference of the adjustment for factory replacement and figured it would be a good time to upgrade.
      02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Tischer BMW. I believe the m-tech bumper costs an additional $165 over the stock. The vorsteiner CSL bootlid will probably be $500+ over stock. Basically his/your insurance will pay for stock parts, they don't really care which parts you end up using.
      02-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Mike@F1 Autohaüs
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ❤

You can work it out replacement parts with your body shop you're dealing with. All you'll have to do is pay for the difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Too bad about the accident. But, upgrading the bumper and trunk would be nice!

If you are on the West Coast side, I'd try LTBMW. I you have the means, the Vorsteiner trunk would look awesome. And the Mtech rear bumper with the 'new' Vorsteiner rear diffuser would really complement the new trunk. Again, these upgrades are not cheap, but you as the saying goes, 'you get what you pay for'. Good luck with sorting everything out.

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
sbdavis1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Well I hope it goes smoothly...

where is the best place to purchase the trunk? and I've used vorsteiner before...good fitment...any other good suggestions on quality trunks fitment wise?
      02-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
That sux! U had a sweet car! Time for the M-Tech rear and CSL trunk...
Appreciate 0