E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > CIC issues with NAVI please chime in!

11-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
CIC issues with NAVI please chime in!

hi, could you maybe help me out? I retrofitted my CIC into my 08 m3 and my navi seems to be the issue... I changed year to #0909 , added $6VA and I think I had $609 in already but regardless its in my VO, I default coded the CIC and added emulator with proper wiring.. it all worked like magic and I loved it. After a month or two navi started taking a crap and turning off and it would only let me play radio and system would reset so I thought it was a bad navi so I bought a different head unit and this happened all over again. Then I thought it was the emulator so I went through 4 of them and still the same thing happening.... so I ended up taking the emulator out and rewiring it so it bypasses emulator and it works perfectly without it, however I don't have the navi part functional. No resetting or any problems however...
where did I go wrong and what might be the reason for this issue??? I can't figure it out... should I just get the head unit coded and unlocked so I don't need emulator in order for it to work??? please help!
      11-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
glachhman
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
hi, could you maybe help me out? I retrofitted my CIC into my 08 m3 and my navi seems to be the issue... I changed year to #0909 , added $6VA and I think I had $609 in already but regardless its in my VO, I default coded the CIC and added emulator with proper wiring.. it all worked like magic and I loved it. After a month or two navi started taking a crap and turning off and it would only let me play radio and system would reset so I thought it was a bad navi so I bought a different head unit and this happened all over again. Then I thought it was the emulator so I went through 4 of them and still the same thing happening.... so I ended up taking the emulator out and rewiring it so it bypasses emulator and it works perfectly without it, however I don't have the navi part functional. No resetting or any problems however...
where did I go wrong and what might be the reason for this issue??? I can't figure it out... should I just get the head unit coded and unlocked so I don't need emulator in order for it to work??? please help!

Sounds like you need the radio scripted to work. If you PM me I can put you in contact with the person who scripted mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by glachhman View Post
Sounds like you need the radio scripted to work. If you PM me I can put you in contact with the person who scripted mine.
thanks!!