E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ModMy3.com Experience

12-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

I just wanted to share my own experience with ModMy3.com Company.
So on Nov.7 I place my order for a LED interior kit + side turn signal bulbs all in white, for my e92. Transaction went smooth, I got the confirmation that my package is on its way. About two weeks later I get my package, looks all good, everything seems to be there.

A week later I found some free time to tackle the installation. I installed the trunk, driver and passenger foot well bulbs and rear console lights. I noticed after installation that one of the rear console small T10 LED does not light up, no matter how I plugged it in, turned it a couple of time, tried other sockets, nothing . I ignored the faulty bulb and continued with the rest.

Next I tackled the rear dome light + map lights. I had ordered the No-Ghetto dome lights so I was really excited to see how they look!

So after a lot of twisting and turning and pushing of the LED panel into the socket, I figured out there must something wrong with the panel because the base wouldn't go into the socket, it was just too big!

That's where I contacted ModMy3 guys for support with this and also I told them about the faulty LED.

David was the guy who responded and he suggested flipping the LEDs because he said the LEDs are bi-polar. I was already aware of that.
I also told him about the LED panel for the rear dome light not fitting the socket. That’s where he suggested pushing it in really hard, all the way in. The second time I gave it a try, I use all of the force to push the panel straight into the socket. But the panel did not go in at all because the soldiers at the base of the panel made it too big for the socket and it actually broke right at the base.

Long story short, I've been trying to find out a possible to this problem from ModMy3.com and they're been absolutely terrible at responding to my emails. Looks like as soon as I told them that something broke, they all got scared and stopped responding to my emails ?!! All I wanted from them is to discuss what can be done about this problem! Its been a month now that they've stopped responding to my emails even though I send them reminders weekly about this problem.

I just want to warn people who might be considering their products to be extra careful with this as they're all supportive when you're paying but when time comes for support and defective products, they fail terribly
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Jcapelo
Private
Rep
Drives: 03 LMB M5, 07 AW 335i sedan

Sorry to hear that...

When I order my kit everything was there. It took me a little while to get all of them working because I was puttin some of them in the wrong sockets and some were backwords. After I figured out where they all went I realized one of the small ones for the rear map lights was no good. I sent a email to them and they sent me a new one out a week or two later. Everything has been working great since.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Theyre good people and they have nothing to gain by screwing you. Send them a pm, its a bit easier and faster than email.

Take some pictures too of the parts of the board that arent fitting well and they can help you get this resolved.

Happy holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by farb View Post
I just wanted to share my own experience with ModMy3.com Company.
So on Nov.7 I place my order for a LED interior kit + side turn signal bulbs all in white, for my e92. Transaction went smooth, I got the confirmation that my package is on its way. About two weeks later I get my package, looks all good, everything seems to be there.

A week later I found some free time to tackle the installation. I installed the trunk, driver and passenger foot well bulbs and rear console lights. I noticed after installation that one of the rear console small T10 LED does not light up, no matter how I plugged it in, turned it a couple of time, tried other sockets, nothing . I ignored the faulty bulb and continued with the rest.

Next I tackled the rear dome light + map lights. I had ordered the No-Ghetto dome lights so I was really excited to see how they look!

So after a lot of twisting and turning and pushing of the LED panel into the socket, I figured out there must something wrong with the panel because the base wouldn't go into the socket, it was just too big!

That's where I contacted ModMy3 guys for support with this and also I told them about the faulty LED.

David was the guy who responded and he suggested flipping the LEDs because he said the LEDs are bi-polar. I was already aware of that.
I also told him about the LED panel for the rear dome light not fitting the socket. That’s where he suggested pushing it in really hard, all the way in. The second time I gave it a try, I use all of the force to push the panel straight into the socket. But the panel did not go in at all because the soldiers at the base of the panel made it too big for the socket and it actually broke right at the base.

Long story short, I've been trying to find out a possible to this problem from ModMy3.com and they're been absolutely terrible at responding to my emails. Looks like as soon as I told them that something broke, they all got scared and stopped responding to my emails ?!! All I wanted from them is to discuss what can be done about this problem! Its been a month now that they've stopped responding to my emails even though I send them reminders weekly about this problem.

I just want to warn people who might be considering their products to be extra careful with this as they're all supportive when you're paying but when time comes for support and defective products, they fail terribly
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep

I sent them pictures a month ago and still nothing.
They regularly check emails but it looks like my emails just get ignored.

Bad customer service.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey sorry to hear about this, I personally had nothing wrong with my order and I was one of the first people to have the No Ghetto Tape panel bulbs. I got the 18 LED ones, and i had the same problem that you did, it has nothing to do with the bulb, it has to do with the socket where you're connecting the panel to, the two sets of pins in the socket it self are too close together, i took a screwdriver and spread them apart just a bit in order to have the panel fit perfectly fine. You can try that, hopefully it will work.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
mochi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: non turbo

all positive from my experience. that one LED could have been the one bad one from the batch he received.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Hey Farbood,

We're replacing your domelight free of courtesy. As per your own statement you pushed the domelight with a good amount of force and it snapped the connectors. This was not a defect from the factory just pure mis-handling. We're sending you one free of charge as a good faith resolution. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
mochi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: non turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@modmy3.com View Post
Hey Farbood,

We're replacing your domelight free of courtesy. As per your own statement you pushed the domelight with a good amount of force and it snapped the connectors. This was not a defect from the factory just pure mis-handling. We're sending you one free of charge as a good faith resolution. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

I had to buzz them on my grinder to taper them a bit then they slipped right in. The blunt end on the dome lights, as shipped, did not want to go in at all.
Attached Images

Last edited by matrix76; 12-27-2011 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@modmy3.com View Post
Hey Farbood,

Thanks. What about the small T10 LED for rear console? One is not working either.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. What about the small T10 LED for rear console? One is not working either.
Are you sure that the metal prongs are connected? and the polarity are correct?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #12
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep

Yes, I tried to fit in the bulb in every possible way, in other sockets of the same type too but nothing. It's only this one T10 bulb that's acting this way. Here is a picture of the LED panel and the T10 bulb.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #13
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep

So what's the action plan here? Are you guys sending over both the panel AND the T10 LED?? and when is that going to be? I haven't heard anything back, again.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
So what's the action plan here? Are you guys sending over both the panel AND the T10 LED?? and when is that going to be? I haven't heard anything back, again.
Yep the panel and T10 shipped to you. Will send your tracking number via PM.
Appreciate 0