E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Looking after Alloys ? - in UK

05-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #23
watsonp
Willy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d sport

Polish/ Waxing

I have taken up the offer of body work and wheel protection, the garage completed the work using Supagard it has a three year protection. I have been told I only have to use the Supagard cream for a little extra protection. The wheels you get a spray and a can of wheel protection which should be used about once a month. Both products are first class and do work, the car is still only a month old so watch this space.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #24
Beefy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330d Trotter

Hi
Has anyone tried the original BMW car care product, how does it compare in terms of quality (workability) and price.
Any suggestions are gratefully received.
Thanks
Beefy
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #25
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy
Hi
Has anyone tried the original BMW car care product, how does it compare in terms of quality (workability) and price.
Any suggestions are gratefully received.
Thanks
Beefy
I haven't used any of the BMW stuff, Beefy.
I have used Autoglym (doesn't last as long) & Meguiars NXT products, which seems to keep the 'polished' effect for longer.

Have a look here for some shots after the NXT treatment.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 05:49 AM   #26
Beefy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330d Trotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
I haven't used any of the BMW stuff, Beefy.
I have used Autoglym (doesn't last as long) & Meguiars NXT products, which seems to keep the 'polished' effect for longer.

Have a look here for some shots after the NXT treatment.

All the best.

Viv
Thanks for the advice, Viv.
It’s nice and glittery, I think it was all worth all the effort!
One more thing, what product do you use to keep the chrome exhausts clean and shine. The exhaust fume has discoloured the finish and this deposit is very hard to remove.
Thanks
Beefy
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #27
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy
Thanks for the advice, Viv.
It’s nice and glittery, I think it was all worth all the effort!
One more thing, what product do you use to keep the chrome exhausts clean and shine. The exhaust fume has discoloured the finish and this deposit is very hard to remove.
Thanks
Beefy
I can't be bothered buying any special chrome cleaner, so I just use the Meguiars NXT polish on the alloys & on the twin exhausts as well.
I haven't had too much of a soot build up on them yet, probably because I clean them with the polish whenever I polish the car body- usually every few weeks. It seems to make it easier to get the dirt off the chrome & alloys when they do get covered.

If you are having problems, warm water should loosen the dirt & then you can dry it & go over it with a polish.

There again, you could just be less lazy & use a 'proper' chrome polish!

Appreciate 0