E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Paint/Bodywork recommendation

03-31-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
hokie4life03
VT Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Paint/Bodywork recommendation

I hear D&V Autobody is great, but they are a little on the pricey side. They quoted me $13k. Could anyone recommend an alternative paint/body shop to install/paint new front and rear bumpers and respray the car? Thank you.
      04-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
Danksies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Took my car to Auto Body World in Fairfax last year. Had 3 spots (roof, trunk, rear quarter; ranging from nickel to quarter size) where tree sap ate straight through the clear, a tennis ball size dent where a deer hit me (not the other way around), and a bunch of small dents (like 10-15 all together) on the roof from tree nuts. Paid $1300 and they even vacuumed the inside of my car from all the winter crud. Phenomenal job on everything and I'd highly recommend for quality of work and pricing (plus theyre like a 5min drive from me in Annandale)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 01:04 PM   #3
hokie4life03
VT Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danksies View Post
Took my car to Auto Body World in Fairfax last year. Had 3 spots (roof, trunk, rear quarter; ranging from nickel to quarter size) where tree sap ate straight through the clear, a tennis ball size dent where a deer hit me (not the other way around), and a bunch of small dents (like 10-15 all together) on the roof from tree nuts. Paid $1300 and they even vacuumed the inside of my car from all the winter crud. Phenomenal job on everything and I'd highly recommend for quality of work and pricing (plus theyre like a 5min drive from me in Annandale)
Thank you, I will check them out.
      04-09-2022, 07:24 PM   #4
MikeP335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

I've taken my car to D&V a few times and been very pleased, but agree they are pricey.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 12:38 PM   #5
brown2hm
Rep
Drives: 2007 e91 328i 6sp, 2017 Golf R

I'm also interested in body shop recommendations around nova. Chantilly Auto Body has been mentioned to me before, but I find it so hard to get decent advice on this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danksies View Post
Auto Body World is close to me, might have to check them out.
Appreciate 0