E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > "chassis is faulty" error

01-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
jeantarrou
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91

"chassis is faulty" error

Was doing some coding today, at first went smoothly but then I tried editing a daten file and I'm in a bit of a jam. Not only was the coding unsuccessful but I am getting a "chassis is faulty" error in NCSexpert when I select the e89 chassis.

For troubleshooting's sake I...

-tried loading a different chassis, no chassis error, just a vin error when I later selected the module...

-I had a backup of the e89 daten file and replaced the edited one, no help.

-INPA connects just fine.

Thoughts? I had bimmergeeks install all the software so frankly I'm not really up to speed with that side of things, but after some Googling my best guess would be to update to the latest daten files, which appears to be 60.1?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Get hold of some new daten files and then simply use BMW Coding Tool to update. If that fails, I'd suggest a reinstall.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
jeantarrou
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Get hold of some new daten files and then simply use BMW Coding Tool to update. If that fails, I'd suggest a reinstall.
Ok, sounds good. I was actually checking out BMW Coding Tool, I saw the update SP Daten option but couldn't quite figure it out on my own, I'll look for some more info on it, hoping to avoid a reinstall if possible.

edit: Didn't take long, looks like I found a diy for using the BMW Coding Tool to update the daten, sweet.

Last edited by jeantarrou; 01-24-2018 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: googling
Appreciate 0