E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Help with Procede Rev 3 V5 9_10 Stage 3 Data Log

09-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
ABE92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Help with Procede Rev 3 V5 9_10 Stage 3 Data Log

Hi Guys,

I have just installed VRSF DP, ETS FMIC, ER Charge Pipe, BMS DCI, BMS OCC and Procede Rev 3 V5. I got them from Jeff@topgearsolutions. He was very helpful in the buying process and most importantly, the parts arrived on time and in immaculate condition!

Well, I was a bit worried about the parts being damaged during shipping as they would have to travel a fair bit since I am in Australia.

Anyway, I need a bit of help in reviewing my data log. From what I gathered through the threads in this forum, I think my data log is fine, BUT I could be wrong as I am relatively new with this tune and I could have misinterpret the data.

Could you guys please have a look and pin point any potential issue that I could have missed in the data log below?

It should be noted that I logged the data below through 1st and 2nd gear only due to the speed limit on the road. I will try to log on the 3rd gear when I am on the drag strip this coming Wednesday!

Fuel: RON 98 (93 oct. in America)

Cheers!

Last edited by ABE92; 09-22-2012 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Sorry, speed limit or not, you need to wind out 3rd gear shifting into 4th for any meaningful advice. 1st and 2nd gear are too short.
      09-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
ABE92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Sorry, speed limit or not, you need to wind out 3rd gear shifting into 4th for any meaningful advice. 1st and 2nd gear are too short.
Ok, can't wait to go on the drag strip to get this done and dusted!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
jdbretz
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 X5d, '12 M3 ZCP, '12 F30

Did you reset all the adaptations when you loaded everything up? It seems like you are running extremely lean and the fuel trims are not kicking in to get you to your AFR Targets. I would try reloading the firmware and resetting adaptations as shown in the read me file and re-log.

EDIT: could you upload the the datalog file? I want to see the throttle overlay to see if maybe you weren't WOT when it was reading lean.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

Dude has the drop out of o2 readings for the 1st half of the log bug.

OP: Reset all your adaptions via the Procede command centre, the README that came with your maps details this process.

Do it now

LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::BIEHNTUNE FLASH::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::OS GIKEN 1.5 WAY::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
ABE92
Private First Class
Rep

Hi jdbretz,

I did reset when I updated the firmware. However, I DID NOT reset when I went from Stage 2 to Stage 3. Let me know if reset is still required in this case.

Please find the attached data log for your review. (Please take note that the attached data log is different from the log on post #1. I can't upload that log because it exceeds the attachment size limit) It was reading lean post 711s because the throttle was closed, i.e, 0%.

Thanks for taking the time to review my data log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
Did you reset all the adaptations when you loaded everything up? It seems like you are running extremely lean and the fuel trims are not kicking in to get you to your AFR Targets. I would try reloading the firmware and resetting adaptations as shown in the read me file and re-log.

EDIT: could you upload the the datalog file? I want to see the throttle overlay to see if maybe you weren't WOT when it was reading lean.

Hi Uniter,

Okay, not a problem. Will reset asap. Do you mind explaining about the "drop out of o2 readings for the 1st half of the log bug"?

That way I can troubleshoot on my own in the future. Thanks for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
Dude has the drop out of o2 readings for the 1st half of the log bug.

OP: Reset all your adaptions via the Procede command centre, the README that came with your maps details this process.

Do it now
Attached Files
File Type: zip data_file7.zip (399.0 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by ABE92; 09-24-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: new attachment
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz

Seems similar to the issue I'm having that I posted about in another thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
jdbretz
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 X5d, '12 M3 ZCP, '12 F30

That last log you post didn't didn't seem too bad. There were a few instances where you maxed your fuel trims, so maybe try adding 5 to your OL Fuel setting. You had some timing drops too, but not all the time. Your ignition may be slightly improved by lowering your Start Boost by 5 as well. All and all though that last log is a huge improvement over the first one.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

That log is bad and shiv should feel bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

nice AFR
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
That last log you post didn't didn't seem too bad. There were a few instances where you maxed your fuel trims, so maybe try adding 5 to your OL Fuel setting. You had some timing drops too, but not all the time. Your ignition may be slightly improved by lowering your Start Boost by 5 as well. All and all though that last log is a huge improvement over the first one.
+1. Last log looked fine from what I could see. In the future though, try not to make your log file so long or else it gets difficult to view on the log viewer (slows it down). And just stick with 3rd and 4th gear pulls since 1st and 2nd gear pull don't last long enough to get any useful data.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:16 AM   #12
ABE92
Private First Class
Rep

New Data Log from 1st to 4th Gear

Finally, I did the log from 1st to 4th gear at the drag strip. Please find the snapshot below and the attached data files for your review. Let me know if there's any issue with my log.

Notes:
1. Fuel: 93 oct.
2. Steptronic
3. Data File 7: Start Boost: 35%, OL Fueling Default Value +5%
2. Data File 3: Start Boost: 40%, OL Fueling Default Value +5%

Data File 7 Log

Data File 3 Log

Attached Files
File Type: zip data_file7.zip (62.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: zip data_file3.zip (76.4 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by ABE92; 10-06-2012 at 03:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Logs look good in that you're gettting enough fuel but you're actually running too rich. 11s at mid rpms is too rich. I have the same issue but I have the procede flash too.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #14
ABE92
Private First Class
Rep

I actually thought about that after seeing negative fuel trims. Perhaps I should try to dial back my OL setting to default value. Anyway, thanks for helping me to review my log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Logs look good in that you're gettting enough fuel but you're actually running too rich. 11s at mid rpms is too rich. I have the same issue but I have the procede flash too.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

OL shouldn't effect mid range AFR's. The only time OL would effect AFR is if you max your trims and run lean due to a lack of fuel.

Make sure you downloaded the correct aggressive beta. There are two versions. One for pump fuel and one for e85 mix. If you have access to e85 and you're going to the strip I would recommend running the e85 tune so you can run higher boost and timing advance. Make sure you follow the directions because if you're not on the correct firmware you can have issues like this with the map you're running.

Just an FYI, if you run the e85 tune, make sure you're tank is low and put 7 to 8 gal of e85 in and then top off with premium. Drive about a mile before putting your car into map1. It will take that long for the ethanol level in your fuel to increase to the injectors. Make sure you do three to four 3rd gear pulls at WOT before logging to allow adaptation.

Log 3rd gear from 2500 rpm with traction and stability disabled. Make sure your pulls run into 4th gear for a bit to get the transition from third to fourth gear. Once you see everything is in order, start moving your start boost up by 5 and log your run to make sure everything looks good. You should be able to run your start boost to 100% if everything looks good, but again take it slow because you may need to make a few other changes along the way if you start maxing trims or having timing issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
ABE92
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the heads up Wedge1967! Didn't know about that. Unfortunately, I don't have access to e85 here.

As for Start Boost, I plan to ramp it up to possibly 50 or 60% with my current set up (FBO with stock exhaust). I would continue to log to check on any other possible issue.

On another note, if you have a look on the above snapshots, there is timing drop during 3rd gear WOT in the following period:

1. First Log - between 154s and 155s - 3.5 deg drop
2. Second Log - between 234s and 236s - 4 deg drop

I would appreciate if you could help me with the below as I'm not entirely sure about them.

1. I presumed the above timing drop is acceptable?
2. At what magnitude of drop should I be concerned? I searched through the thread and I couldn't find a definite number for that.
3. How many timing drop is acceptable during WOT? Obviously I will try to minimize that, but is one or two timing drops with 3-4 deg for each drop still acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
OL shouldn't effect mid range AFR's. The only time OL would effect AFR is if you max your trims and run lean due to a lack of fuel.

Make sure you downloaded the correct aggressive beta. There are two versions. One for pump fuel and one for e85 mix. If you have access to e85 and you're going to the strip I would recommend running the e85 tune so you can run higher boost and timing advance. Make sure you follow the directions because if you're not on the correct firmware you can have issues like this with the map you're running.

Just an FYI, if you run the e85 tune, make sure you're tank is low and put 7 to 8 gal of e85 in and then top off with premium. Drive about a mile before putting your car into map1. It will take that long for the ethanol level in your fuel to increase to the injectors. Make sure you do three to four 3rd gear pulls at WOT before logging to allow adaptation.

Log 3rd gear from 2500 rpm with traction and stability disabled. Make sure your pulls run into 4th gear for a bit to get the transition from third to fourth gear. Once you see everything is in order, start moving your start boost up by 5 and log your run to make sure everything looks good. You should be able to run your start boost to 100% if everything looks good, but again take it slow because you may need to make a few other changes along the way if you start maxing trims or having timing issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

You shouldn't be seeing timing drops. You may want to drop back to Stage 2 and see if you still get the timing drops. Could be the fuel. What octane are you running? Do you have access to Methanol? Methanol / Water injection would help with your octane if you don't have a good source of high quality fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE92 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Wedge1967! Didn't know about that. Unfortunately, I don't have access to e85 here.

As for Start Boost, I plan to ramp it up to possibly 50 or 60% with my current set up (FBO with stock exhaust). I would continue to log to check on any other possible issue.

On another note, if you have a look on the above snapshots, there is timing drop during 3rd gear WOT in the following period:

1. First Log - between 154s and 155s - 3.5 deg drop
2. Second Log - between 234s and 236s - 4 deg drop

I would appreciate if you could help me with the below as I'm not entirely sure about them.

1. I presumed the above timing drop is acceptable?
2. At what magnitude of drop should I be concerned? I searched through the thread and I couldn't find a definite number for that.
3. How many timing drop is acceptable during WOT? Obviously I will try to minimize that, but is one or two timing drops with 3-4 deg for each drop still acceptable?
Appreciate 0